PDA

View Full Version : Misc Straight Line Stitch (metal-heads)

4dmin
08-21-2008, 08:04 AM
http://www.myspace.com/straightlinestitch

this chick has a brutal voice - check out the song TASTE OF ASHES to hear her range; the jesus praising crap is alittle on the weak side but band isn't bad.

they are gonna be playing up in spartanburg later this month

alpine_aw11
08-21-2008, 09:08 AM
They're ok, nothing that would make me want to buy their cd. And I'm seriously the only guy that thinks it's unnatractive to see a girl scream like that. And I'm getting tired of these stupid cd names, like wtf does "When Skies Wash Ashore" mean? They have to be just pulleng random names out their asses at this point to make it sound like its so thoughtful. The worst I've ever heard though is WOP's "Decimate the Weak." So lame.

Hulud
08-21-2008, 10:09 AM
dont really care for them

saw them back last year or the year before over at sidelines in marietta at their venue they have there

4dmin
08-21-2008, 10:12 AM
^ it is metalcore what do you expect; not going to hear something that hasn't been done by many others before...

if you want creativity you should broaden horizons to bands like: neurosis, botch, isis, pelican, jesu, refused, coalesce, disembodied, eyehategod, today is the day, bloodlet, glassjaw, ink & dagger, melvins, psyopus, macabre, buzzoven, the casket lottery, small brown bike, emporer, etc there are tons of bands that don't fit many molds.

as far as dumb names... i'm totally w/ you - when cd covers become essays its a bit much

alpine_aw11
08-21-2008, 10:14 AM
^ it is metalcore what do you expect; not going to hear something that hasn't been done by many others before...

if you want creativity you should broaden horizons to bands like: neurosis, botch, isis, pelican, jesu, refused, coalesce, disembodied, eyehategod, today is the day, bloodlet, glassjaw, ink & dagger, melvins, psyopus, macabre, buzzoven, the casket lottery, small brown bike, emporer, etc there are tons of bands that don't fit many molds.

as far as dumb names... i'm totally w/ you - when cd covers become essays its a bit much

I know a lot of those bands, and I'm definitely with you on that. Psyopus and Isis are two of my favorites, but I have to say BTBAM will always remain my favorite. I'm also into the stuff like Genghis Tron if you know them, bands that are really pushing the genres.

Hulud
08-21-2008, 10:19 AM

are you talking to me?

i have almost everyone of those bands on my itunes lol

4dmin
08-21-2008, 11:04 AM
^ i'm not talking to you toolbag... man can't have a conversation on here w/o everyone butting in :lmao:

ya i get very bored w/ metalcore but to me it is easy listening... i like to really rock out when it is bands i like; crank it up and zone out - atleast w/ metalcore there isn't anything you need to listen for b/c it is straight foward

Hulud
08-21-2008, 12:32 PM
^ i'm not talking to you toolbag... man can't have a conversation on here w/o everyone butting in :lmao:

ya i get very bored w/ metalcore but to me it is easy listening... i like to really rock out when it is bands i like; crank it up and zone out - atleast w/ metalcore there isn't anything you need to listen for b/c it is straight foward
hey you put the ^ so it would seem you were replying to my post lol
interweb n00b! lol

alpine_aw11
08-21-2008, 01:52 PM

Lol I feel exactly the same way. August Burns Red feels like Kenny G to me now, without the gaysauce of course.

YoTa_BoX
08-21-2008, 04:36 PM
The fact they have a Black female singer makes me like them.......

Its really strange but i really enjoy it when i meet black people that like Hard core music....and this chick is a lead singer in the band..

I may be in love O.O

I get all giddy like a school girl... im like Ohhhh Yay Hard core black ppl

Ya i know...im strange