PDA

View Full Version : some bS...installers and urus take a peek

BlueHatch
08-20-2008, 11:40 PM
so i pulled my jensen vm 9412 out today, and hooked up my sub and amp. all is well exept for some power flickering. seemed re-positioning the harness fixed that. i get home...yadda yadda yadda... come out to the garage and my screen is out(which is out because it closes auto when i hut the car off) and almost layed completely back almost ontop of itself. mind you the unit wasnt all the way pushed into the dash. so i power on and try to close it... but it wont lay flat enough to close. so i open back up the reset the tilt and it still wont lay all the way down to close up. so i power on and off again then try to gently help guide it into position. then i hear a pulse from the sub. then nothing. unit wont power on or anything. wtf? thx in advance

BanginJimmy
08-20-2008, 11:53 PM
sounds like the deck took a dump on you.

Check any fuses though and make sure none of the popped.

myyellowspec
08-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Umm it is a Jensen after all. Your lucky it worked at all. lol. That sucks but it does sound like it died on you.

BlueHatch
08-21-2008, 03:27 PM
fuses are fine i think you guys are right. its dead. it came in my hatch, so im not too worried about it.

b@d @pple
08-21-2008, 04:14 PM
garbage ass jenson

sonic30101
08-21-2008, 09:05 PM
that sucks but not out of character for the brand though

Kasper
08-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Oh yeah jensen indashes are the biggest mistake and biggest waste of money. I got one 2 years ago just to have in the car. Yeah it caught fire going down the road. one of the boards on the inside shorted out and poof! never thaught id rip a radio outa my car at 60mph but i did!! after i went back to pick it up from along side the road i took it back to the store and i got a pioneer upgrade for free! but it sucked bad!!! NEVER BUY JENSEN!!

quickdodgeŽ
08-23-2008, 08:08 AM
NEVER BUY JENSEN!!

I disagree. Being that I'm not into all the stereo systems and stuff, I've always bought and used Jensen shiit. I've never had one problem with anything Jensen that I've owned. The Neon I just got rid of had a full Jensen set up; head unit, factory replacement speakers, 2 12" subs, 750 watt amp, 200 watt amp, Sirius satellite system. Everything was Jensen. Had that in my car for over 5 years with no problems. I don't too much get into the "you get what you pay for" crap. I believe in taking care of my things and if you roughhouse your stuff, it's naturally going to fucc up. Later, QD.

JITB
08-23-2008, 01:33 PM
I disagree. Being that I'm not into all the stereo systems and stuff, I've always bought and used Jensen shiit. I've never had one problem with anything Jensen that I've owned. The Neon I just got rid of had a full Jensen set up; head unit, factory replacement speakers, 2 12" subs, 750 watt amp, 200 watt amp, Sirius satellite system. Everything was Jensen. Had that in my car for over 5 years with no problems. I don't too much get into the "you get what you pay for" crap. I believe in taking care of my things and if you roughhouse your stuff, it's naturally going to fucc up. Later, QD.

rej had a full jensen setup in his old prism also back in high school... :goodjob: and it lasted atleast 4 years until someone stole it all...lol

redgst97
08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
We sell Jensen at the shop....with great results.
However, we also sell Alpine, Pioneer, Memphis, Rockfoprd, and others.

For some applications (budget included) Jensen fits the need. For some, not all.

quickdodgeŽ
08-24-2008, 06:55 AM
We sell Jensen at the shop....with great results.
However, we also sell Alpine, Pioneer, Memphis, Rockfoprd, and others.

For some applications (budget included) Jensen fits the need. For some, not all.

EXACTLY. With me not being a stereo enthusiast Jensen was a great fit. There's no need for me to spend $1,000+ on a system that a $400 system would do just as good....for me. Later, QD.

sonic30101
08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
there is a fine line between you get what you pay for and getting quality product. for a budget jensen isnt bad but for in dash screens they are slow switching between sources, the nav sucks, sub output is single out not red and white just one rca for sub, and it is really basic especially compaired to what is available but if you want to spend the least amount possible and are prepaired to buy the protection plan or have enough money to buy another one in 6 months then go ahead but i would rather get something worth the effort of going to the trouble of spending time to install it into my car.

SRCRX
08-24-2008, 10:45 PM

Think of it this way, all of those products are made by different oe suppliers, so the stuff you had worked great and the POS flipout was made buy a different factory.

Plus the unit was make to a price point, which is cheaper than other
brands.

6speed
08-26-2008, 11:29 AM
The quality of Jensen is about the same as Dual so it may be the head unit. What you need to do is get the radio pulled out and meter the wires to see if you are getting constant and ignition power. (the red and yellow wires running into the radio)