PDA

View Full Version : EP3

95accordEX
08-20-2008, 08:44 PM
So i just picked up an 03 civic SI hatch and wanted to get some opinions on which direction i should go. It already has I/H/E. Its quick but not enough for me so i was wondering what i should do. Keep it NA or boost it? If i get a turbo kit and want to keep the stock internals would it be worth the money only running it around 7-10 psi? How much more power would i get and would that be a good psi to run it at for daily driven on stock internals? Or should i just get cams, Intake manifold, throttle body, fuel rail, injectors etc... with a good tune? Which way would be cheaper/more power? By the way I dunno if this is posted in the right section or not... lmk thanks

Motivation
08-20-2008, 08:48 PM
The amount of boost you run is dependant on the size of turbo and other factors. IMO if you are going to daily drive it, I wouldn't turbo it with stock internals. Then you have more issues that you have to make sure are taken care of. I would go with the internals for now. That way the motor would be built and still maintain reliability. Then in the future if you decided you wanted to boost it, you wouldn't have to change all the internals and you would see bigger gains... but that's just my .02

Barefoot
08-20-2008, 10:17 PM
just going off what u said i wouldnt touch it at all. either way u got wont be cheap. as far as more power goes your going to have to spend some bux on good parts. if your not willing to touch the internals i wouldnt boost it. i do a light NA build and be happy.

scttydb411
08-22-2008, 06:09 PM
this is a base model rsx (same engine as yours) turbo'd stock internals that i tuned. unless you are going to go crazy with boost you'll be ok. this was a peakboost kit running 8psi. hp results will vary depending on what kit/turbo you have, but you'll be fine to turbo it if you do it right.