PDA

View Full Version : here we go again

ATL_EG
08-20-2008, 12:57 PM
next round of problems!!

first off b18b swapped civic

anyways between 4-5k rpm i get this horrible vibration that feels like its coming from the front driver side corner of the car, it also happens if i hit a large bump or something but ONLY if its between 4-5k
got up under the car and nothing feels loose, axle's have no play or anything in them
ideas?

thanks in advance

DecoyOctopus
08-20-2008, 01:00 PM
ill tell you what the problem is if you trade me wheels otherwise ill never tell muwhahahah lol nah jk umm is the vibration coming from the engine or the wheels or what?

ATL_EG
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
lol im pretty sure not the motor, i had the car on jackstands and it was fine but when im actually driving it starts again

ill tell you what the problem is if you trade me wheels otherwise ill never tell muwhahahah lol nah jk umm is the vibration coming from the engine or the wheels or what?

1flysi
08-20-2008, 01:41 PM
What kind of axles do you have?
oem or aftermarket?

ATL_EG
08-20-2008, 05:10 PM
oem

What kind of axles do you have?
oem or aftermarket?

DecoyOctopus
08-20-2008, 05:16 PM
it might be a misfire that only makes itself noticable at higher rpms. my dads galant used to do it from 2.5 to 3. 2 of the injectors were sticking but i just duped a **** ton of injector cleaner into the tank and by the end of the tank it ran fine. on another car i was selling i sprayed the engine down with water to clean it and after that it ran like ****. at lower rpms it ran fine but if you throttled it from about 3 and up it started runnin like **** reason why it had water inside the spark plug well and im sure the distributor cap as well. i never fixed that problem i just got rid of the car but im sure all i had to do was let it evaporate or sum.

jcs
08-20-2008, 06:42 PM
i had some tires on my hatch that had ended up getting warped and the same crap happend around 4-5k...

DecoyOctopus
08-20-2008, 07:56 PM
if your tires were "warped" then it wouldnt matter what rpm the engine was only thing that would matter is how fast you were going

ATL_EG
08-20-2008, 10:06 PM
so i ****ed around with the axle's today and did nothing but make it worse, now it vibrates from 4k on so ima go get a new set of axles and see what hapens

DecoyOctopus
08-21-2008, 12:23 AM
hey i got a brand new one ill give it to you for 25 bucks. idk wich side it is i just know its for a gsr with ABS. interested?

1flysi
08-21-2008, 12:59 AM
I know lots of aftermarket axles vibrate. Do your axles still have the rubber balance thingy?

turbob20
08-21-2008, 03:09 AM
possibly your axle looks good but if you take it out and its stiff and not loose its bad and your axle nut might be loose or your strut at the top or bottom. check all ball joints and retighten everything...better safe than sorry...