PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about a pell grant?

Niger
08-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Lol so i registered for one class this semester (to go well with my 10 year plan)
calc II

and my total to pay is a tad under 500 bux... due friday

my pell grant, i'm supposed to get like 300 something bux... leaving a difference of about 200 bux... I submitted all of that sh!t on time and what not ... and last time i came to the financial aid office dudes like just pay the difference and everything will be dandy....

But i really dont wanna get my class dropped... then my 10 year plan will turn into an 11 year plan FTL

On the financial aid thing, it says that the pell grant will come in on september 8...

So with that said, should I just pay the 500 bux now , and wait for my refund (i dont want to do this bc i always have problems withdrawing $ from the card they put it on)

or should I go by what the dude said ... I'm at the financial aid office right now in line ,but the wait is like 2 hours... IA is helping me pass time

Catnip
08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
You should look into remedial engrish.

xLSTONEx
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Ha you need to go talk to financial aid people. usually if they can see if it that is is gonna come threw soon they won't make you pay the whole thing and just the difference.

Catnip
08-19-2008, 03:17 PM
lirl @ OP trying to negative rep me and the rep being neutral.

slostang
08-19-2008, 03:49 PM
the op's sn is racise. :lmfao:

Catnip
08-19-2008, 03:50 PM
You're right. I like black people.

Phatstud
08-19-2008, 04:27 PM
I would go ahead and just pay the difference.

turbodawg
08-21-2008, 01:50 AM
I would go ahead and just pay the difference.

Respectfully,

NO! Bad idea. Call up the financial aid office. Pell is for this type of situation and you shouldn't have to pay the entire amount if you have been awarded Pell. The school already has your Pell money, but they get to award it and disperse it at their leisure.

So, call office of financial aid and talk to them, that is what they are there for.

The Ninja
08-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Respectfully,

NO! Bad idea. Call up the financial aid office. Pell is for this type of situation and you shouldn't have to pay the entire amount if you have been awarded Pell. The school already has your Pell money, but they get to award it and disperse it at their leisure.

So, call office of financial aid and talk to them, that is what they are there for.

Wrong. They award it after Add/Drop, usually the first two weeks of school. Expect your payment around Sept. 2'nd. Thats when Pell and Perkins, and usually even your Loans are dispersed (besides the $500 bookstore credit that some schools do).