PDA

View Full Version : So i was in atlanta and look what I saw

RL...
08-18-2008, 11:40 PM
It's so much nicer in person, pictures cannot do this car any justice.:yes:

http://a293.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_aca6916ecc9c214f250332d8176953fc.jpg

Tree
08-18-2008, 11:42 PM
the black looks good.. and thats about it

Thighs
08-18-2008, 11:43 PM
:gay:

its not that big of a deal.

SouthrnStyle
08-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Cool??? rick ride in it its more fun than looking at it then go take it for an oil change and you will be pissed

kouki
08-18-2008, 11:46 PM

looks 1000000x better than your pos. :goodjob:

PS: i really like the stock wheels on the GT-R, car looks great in person.

Atlblkz06
08-19-2008, 12:00 AM
I wish someone would take me for a ride in one.

I really want to feel that AWD in action.

I just wish local dealerships wouldn't act so bitchy about these cars.

Thighs
08-19-2008, 12:10 AM
looks 1000000x better than your pos. :goodjob:

PS: i really like the stock wheels on the GT-R, car looks great in person.

did i say it was ugly? no. im sorry for not worshiping the hamburger gods like you, i just dont find the car all that exciting.

kouki
08-19-2008, 12:10 AM
did i say it was ugly? no. im sorry for not worshiping the hamburger gods like you, i just dont find the car all that exciting.

neither is your pos.... :gay:

Thighs
08-19-2008, 12:12 AM
neither is your pos.... :gay:

i know.... what was ever exciting about a 1.6 miata with exhaust and lowering springs? i never said it was.

are you really that bothered by what i say?

RL...
08-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Yea it sucks...Maybe I should be cool and buy a civic or a miata! The gtr from factory is a 10 second car, the interior is straight luxury, and it looks great. This is one of the best cars ever produced. PERIOD. How can you say it's not nice when your pos, is a pos... Miata > r35? I think not.

kouki
08-19-2008, 12:15 AM
i know.... what was ever exciting about a 1.6 miata with exhaust and lowering springs? i never said it was.

are you really that bothered by what i say?

not at all, just wanted to point out your pos.... and how stupid you are for not being a follower and making dumb claims about the gt-r... if you could have one you would take it in a heart beat. youre just another retard :goodjob:

Thighs
Yea it sucks...Maybe I should be cool and buy a civic or a miata! The gtr from factory is a 10 second car, the interior is straight luxury, and it looks great. This is one of the best cars ever produced. PERIOD. How can you say it's not nice when your pos, is a pos... Miata > r35? I think not.

i never said it wasnt nice, in fact it is VERY nice, just not all that exciting to me, thats all.

am i not allowed to have an opinion?

kouki

:lmfao: he's an idiot... only thing :gay: is his miata.

kouki
08-19-2008, 12:16 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

just stfu

RL...
08-19-2008, 12:17 AM
to each his own I guess....

BlkCD5
08-19-2008, 12:20 AM
originally posted by NissanTun3r

Wow, way to be an *******. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I still see you're stuck on that honda hating ****. You still fail to see the reason why people buy certain cars. Its not really about the "cool" factor!

RL...
08-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Wow, way to be an *******. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I still see you're stuck on that honda hating ****. You still fail to see the reason why people buy certain cars. Its not really about the "cool" factor!

Your're right as far as I could've replied with a more constructive reply, but to me, it's all about the cool/fun factor!

Thighs
08-19-2008, 12:25 AM

thank you for understanding taste and not following the cult.

+reps

edit: that should say "difference in taste". my bad.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 12:39 AM
not at all, just wanted to point out your pos.... and how stupid you are for not being a follower and making dumb claims about the gt-r... if you could have one you would take it in a heart beat. youre just another retard :goodjob:

hey look, it's the guy with the $5,000 car that was originally marketed toward women (This is fact and not a cheap jab) talking up the $70,000 car and talking down what was voted by a notarized publication as the best sports car of the 1990's.

Oh and lets see that list of Miata accomplishments.

Wiki......

The MX-5 has won over 150 awards in its history, including making Car and Driver magazine's annual Ten Best list seven times; Wheels Magazine 's Car of the Year for 1989 and 2005; Sports Car International's "best sports car of the 1990s" and "ten best sports cars of all time"; 2005-2006 Car of the Year Japan; and 2005 Australian Car of the Year.

So you see there "Cookie", this "pos", is the most rewarded sports car ever and your 1 opinion wont change a damn thing.

Now, just some more on the GTR. Call me a hypocrite as i do think the GTR is a great car but to show you fan boys why it ain't all that is fun too. I recently read a great article and the writer said he felt that the E30 M3 was a better drivers car than the GTR as it offered a better driving experience. That's right, a 21 year old car worth 1/8th of the GTR is better than the new hopped up Datsun. ;)

Your're right as far as I could've replied with a more constructive reply, but to me, it's all about the cool/fun factor!

My opinion... Cool factor means ****. Its a driver car relationship and it is based on driving pleasure. Nothing else.

Deke
08-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Holy newb team-up Batman. While I do think it's an amazing car, chill out.

Back on topic, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing one in person.

Nice pic :goodjob:

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Holy newb team-up Batman. While I do think it's an amazing car, chill out.

Back on topic, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing one in person.

Saw a dark silver one in Riverside couple days ago.

P.s......why don't you post as much. I remember we had some good discussions back in the day. : :cheers: :

Deke
08-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Saw a dark silver one in Riverside couple days ago.

P.s......why don't you post as much. I remember we had some good discussions back in the day. : :cheers: :

I was actually in Europe the entire summer on a study abroad. I haven't quite gotten fully back into the forum world yet :)

Eventually I'm going to compile an album of all my car sitings for the summer and post them up...

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 01:07 AM
I was actually in Europe the entire summer on a study abroad. I haven't quite gotten fully back into the forum world yet :)

Eventually I'm going to compile an album of all my car sitings for the summer and post them up...

Coo, i spent all of July in Israel. Twas fun to see all the tiny cars. Nothing like having 1.4L of fury in a 1993 Fiat Uno 4speed to make you miss the STI.

RL...
08-19-2008, 02:06 AM
hey look, it's the guy with the $5,000 car that was originally marketed toward women (This is fact and not a cheap jab) talking up the $70,000 car and talking down what was voted by a notarized publication as the best sports car of the 1990's.

Wiki......

The MX-5 has won over 150 awards in its history, including making Car and Driver magazine's annual Ten Best list seven times; Wheels Magazine 's Car of the Year for 1989 and 2005; Sports Car International's "best sports car of the 1990s" and "ten best sports cars of all time"; 2005-2006 Car of the Year Japan; and 2005 Australian Car of the Year.

So you see there "Cookie", this "pos", is the most rewarded sports car ever and your 1 opinion wont change a damn thing.

Now, just some more on the GTR. Call me a hypocrite as i do think the GTR is a great car but to show you fan boys why it ain't all that is fun too. I recently read a great article and the writer said he felt that the E30 M3 was a better drivers car than the GTR as it offered a better driving experience. That's right, a 21 year old car worth 1/8th of the GTR is better than the new hopped up Datsun. ;)

My opinion... Cool factor means ****. Its a driver car relationship and it is based on driving pleasure. Nothing else.

You are an idiot. My car is worth more than 5k, it was not marketed towards women, but specifically toward men wanting a 4dsc(which I think the maxima never quite lived up to), an E30 would not offer a better driving experience than the gtr, and finally, I'm sure everyone can agree with me on the fact that the driving pleasure form the GTR would be tenfold of a miata. I like miata's, just like I like I like m3's. The gtr is the total package.

man
08-19-2008, 04:10 AM
LOL lots of nissan fanboys in here

The Ren
08-19-2008, 05:23 AM
I wonder if that is Jeramey blackwells car... i know he had one imported...

umairejaz
08-19-2008, 06:02 AM
LOL @ nissan fan club gettng butthurt by the dude's comment.

tron
08-19-2008, 06:26 AM

Wiki......

t-dur....any real "driver" would say this about the e30 m3. the damn thing is just amazing but i still think the gtr is note worthy i mean lets be real its expensive its fast but lacks the fun factor beacuse its not raw but its still a badass car.

JITB
08-19-2008, 06:27 AM
oh shoot another GTR thread!! 8pages+!

Nemesis
08-19-2008, 08:02 AM
That car demands respect. All the people that have stupid **** to say about it, will probably never be able to afford anything remotely close to it, so whatever.

Echonova
08-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Yea it sucks...Maybe I should be cool and buy a civic or a miata! The gtr from factory is a 10 second car, the interior is straight luxury, and it looks great. This is one of the best cars ever produced. PERIOD. How can you say it's not nice when your pos, is a pos... Miata > r35? I think not.For those 10 seconds or less... It's free.

Echonova
08-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Haltech GTR ran 11.1 and I doubt it's stock...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU_EUvR4RW4&feature=related

Julio
08-19-2008, 08:20 AM
GTR a 10 second car from, factory ? lol
One of the best car ever produced? lol ( i can name 10 better then that)

I rather keep my Vette.

GTR def nice car, power ... but damn, to much hype.

jumpin800agl
08-19-2008, 08:30 AM
That is the 3rd i have seen in the Atlanta area. I saw a red one on 75 driving through Henry county last week.

Tha Haltech car was just using their standalone EMS when it ran that 11.1 if I remember correctly.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 08:37 AM
i never said it wasnt nice, in fact it is VERY nice, just not all that exciting to me, thats all.

you've obviously never rode in one, this car takes exciting to another level.

sorry, but this car is a beast, not because of the hype, but because it truly is. for the price you get a supercar, capable of whatever you can throw at it, i hardly think this car will be taken lightly, especially after i walked every car that tried me when i was driving it.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 09:08 AM
You are an idiot. My car is worth more than 5k, it was not marketed towards women, but specifically toward men wanting a 4dsc(which I think the maxima never quite lived up to), an E30 would not offer a better driving experience than the gtr, and finally, I'm sure everyone can agree with me on the fact that the driving pleasure form the GTR would be tenfold of a miata. I like miata's, just like I like I like m3's. The gtr is the total package.

My response.....

Therefore.....No, i say your the idiot because you cant even read who i was responding to. You got my opinion in the latter part of the post. :rolleyes:

But since you insist on calling me an idiot let me show you why i'm not.

No disrespect but YOU are one of the group of people that sees the GTR's #S, is amazed by them and it all ends there.

I am one of the people that asks, is the car or the driver doing all the work.

Example. I say a car must be a true manual, no electronic aids, and 4wd must be mechanical as much as possible. The GTR has already been called out as a car that simply does all the work for you with all its computers and well, to me at least, that isn't a great driving experience. Im one of the people that believes in the next 5 years this will get worse as cars try to beat the GTR and end up giving you the equivalent of a car in auto-pilot because all you do is steer (with electro-aids), brake (with electro-aids), shift (with electro-aids) , and nothing is left.

Now going back on an earlier comment of yours, you seem to be a street guy and have never visited a road coarse. (i could be wrong, im prolly not) but im under the impression that 70% of all Miata's ever made have turned into SCCA track sluts. No matter if it is an Autocross or an actual td at Road Atlanta, atleast 20 Miatas are always there.

So your comment....

I'm sure everyone can agree with me on the fact that the driving pleasure form the GTR would be tenfold of a miata.
Is wrong.

Become
08-19-2008, 09:14 AM
I'm new here....so help me clarify. After reading this am I correct in assuming that there are certain cars we all must bow down to, otherwise be shunned?

Just trying to get my bearings.

Bruce Leroy
08-19-2008, 09:15 AM

sorry, but this car is a beast, not because of the hype, but because it truly is. for the price you get a supercar, capable of whatever you can throw at it, i hardly think this car will be taken lightly, especially after i walked every car that tried me when i was driving it.

What cars tried you? SRT-4's, civics, vettes, cobras?????? You obviously didn't race anything worth noting. The gtr is NOT the fastest car on the road.

Bruce Leroy
08-19-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm new here....so help me clarify. After reading this am I correct in assuming that there are certain cars we all must bow down to, otherwise be shunned?

CORRECT!!!!!

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 09:16 AM
t-dur....any real "driver" would say this about the e30 m3. the damn thing is just amazing but i still think the gtr is note worthy i mean lets be real its expensive its fast but lacks the fun factor beacuse its not raw but its still a badass car.

Well i am a real driver and i put cars like the pre 996 911s and the original NSX above the current crop of electro speed.

Now you have been on this site long enough so you prolly know that the Nissan people are too easy to let things ruffle them. Remember Kfunk? But i will agree that the GTR is a great car and is a great achievement to Nissan but i'm not gonna listen to people saying it is the greatest thing ever. Especially if they don't understand what makes a drivers car.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 09:17 AM
EJ25run, i will say that you are very accurate when you say the car drives itself, and does all the work for you, so to speak. however, with that in mind and having push a gtr to the limits personally, i still havent hade an experience like that in my life. I could only focus on the speed and how the gtr ate the corners for breakfast, stopped like it was never moving and accelerated with zero effort. I would be afraid of tracking this car as i dont think i have the skill to control it, even while its doing the work. but nonetheless good point.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 09:20 AM
oh shoot another GTR thread!! 8pages+!

And feelings will get hurt. :lmfao:

Im really tired of the people that think a cars overall performance is narrowed down to highway pulls. :rolleyes:

Or is this a road coarse?????? :eek: :eek:

GTR is not one of them.

Most of those cars were made pre 1980 with a few exceptions.

Example. Porsche 917

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
What cars tried you? SRT-4's, civics, vettes, cobras?????? You obviously didn't race anything worth noting. The gtr is NOT the fastest car on the road.

actually it was just one car that tried me, a honda fit, but it was the fit sport.

j/k

all bs aside, two cars, a Z06 and a g35, albeit neither of the two stood a chance, the z06 hung with me for a second or two. i am by no means a skilled or experienced driver, i just put the pedal to the floor and pulled on the guy.

Logan
08-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Aw the nissan owners got all butt-hurt because someone wasn't excited to see a GTR....:gay:

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Im really tired of the people that think a cars overall performance is narrowed down to highway pulls. :rolleyes:

Or is this a road coarse??????

highway pulls? are you kidding me? thats where the car is the WEAKEST, you know as well as i do this is a track car, and im a honda guy.

Im not a nissan fan, i like my hondas and when it comes to hp i love street rods more than anything, but im not gonna bash the gtr when i know for a fact that from the factory it will own most cars, and thats without tuning, just imagine.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 09:47 AM
highway pulls? are you kidding me? thats where the car is the WEAKEST, you know as well as i do this is a track car, and im a honda guy.

Im not a nissan fan, i like my hondas and when it comes to hp i love street rods more than anything, but im not gonna bash the gtr when i know for a fact that from the factory it will own most cars, and thats without tuning, just imagine.

No i'm not kidding you. Just look at the kills forum. :rolleyes:

This vid gives a good demo where a GTR falls short. Watch at 4:20 min. :goodjob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZVHzBRc15A&fmt=18

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 10:45 AM
No i'm not kidding you. Just look at the kills forum. :rolleyes:

This vid gives a good demo where a GTR falls short. Watch at 4:20 min. :goodjob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZVHzBRc15A&fmt=18

are you trying to impress me with the way the gt-r performed in that video? im confused because it seemed to do pretty damn good for a car priced similiar to an nsx.

jdmskate-R
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
thats my car, please take pics down.:ninja:

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
are you trying to impress me with the way the gt-r performed in that video? im confused because it seemed to do pretty damn good for a car priced similiar to an nsx.

Actually it was more on how the GTR weight hurts it. Yes the NSX never was great on price but compare how it tackles the coarse despite being longer than the GTR. But yes, overall, GTR did well.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Actually it was more on how the GTR weight hurts it. Yes the NSX never was great on price but compare how it tackles the coarse despite being longer than the GTR. But yes, overall, GTR did well.

I did see that, and exactly what you are talking about when it comes to weight. that is one thing i would say is its downfall, but nonetheless, a performer.

oh, and btw im staring at two that came off the truck a few minutes ago, still in the plastic, man these cars are sex.

Thighs
08-19-2008, 11:00 AM
LOL look at what i started.

im gonna have to agree with ej25 in saying that mechanicals > electronics. the gtr drives itself. what is fun about that?

the cars that stand out the most to me are the ones where driver skill actually matters. i like actually driving my cars, not going or a disneyland ride.

Maniacc
08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
After reading this thread, I can't believe how many haters this place is crawling with. I personally think the new GT-R looks terrible, but I do like it's rims and front lip. Yet it's an awesome car all around. No matter what people throw at it, you can't say it's a piece of metal that should be thrown in the junkyard. Even if some of you say it's not that big of a deal and what-not, you'll jump in the car in a heart beat if the driver asked you if you wanted a ride.

NissanTuner, nice picture man. I'm sure it looks insane in person.

Thighs
08-19-2008, 11:05 AM
After reading this thread, I can't believe how many haters this place is crawling with. I personally think the new GT-R looks terrible, but I do like it's rims and front lip. Yet it's an awesome car all around. No matter what people throw at it, you can't say it's a piece of metal that should be thrown in the junkyard. Even if some of you say it's not that big of a deal and what-not, you'll jump in the car in a heart beat if the driver asked you if you wanted a ride.

NissanTuner, nice picture man. I'm sure it looks insane in person.

nobody said it was a hunk of metal that belongs in a junkyard...? :thinking: saying that it doesnt really excite me isnt an insult to the car at all, its my opinion. and no ****, i would take a ride in it. i would take a ride in ALOT of cars, and theres not many i would say no to.

and youre contradicting yourself by saying its ugly but then saying it probably looks insane in person. so wtf are you trying to say?

jdmskate-R
08-19-2008, 11:09 AM
everyone wants you to be suckin the gtrs ****, but u dont realy like it. so they are on your nuts because you don't feel the same way about it that they do. i personally think its a beautiful piece of machinery.

Maniacc
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
nobody said it was a hunk of metal that belongs in a junkyard...? :thinking: saying that it doesnt really excite me isnt an insult to the car at all, its my opinion. and no ****, i would take a ride in it. i would take a ride in ALOT of cars, and theres not many i would say no to.

and youre contradicting yourself by saying its ugly but then saying it probably looks insane in person. so wtf are you trying to say?
Who the hell was talking to you? Like so many cars, they always end up looking better in person then they do in pictures which is why I said 'I'm sure it looks insane in person.' I don't know what you've said in this thread nor do I desire to know.

Thighs
08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
everyone wants you to be suckin the gtrs ****, but u dont realy like it. so they are on your nuts because you don't feel the same way about it that they do. i personally think its a beautiful piece of machinery.

basically. but it gives me an opportunity to piss some hamburger humpers off lol.

Thighs
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Who the hell was talking to you? Like so many cars, they always end up looking better in person then they do in pictures which is why I said 'I'm sure it looks insane in person.' I don't know what you've said in this thread nor do I desire to know.

so wait, you didnt really read the thread? but you said you did in your previous post? :???:

you sure do contradict youself alot.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 11:15 AM
LOL look at what i started.

im gonna have to agree with ej25 in saying that mechanicals > electronics. the gtr drives itself. what is fun about that?

the cars that stand out the most to me are the ones where driver skill actually matters. i like actually driving my cars, not going or a disneyland ride.

coming from someone who has not driven a gt-r, please bro, you mean to tell me that your car would be more fun to drive? your a damn retard if you say yes. the gt-r still utilizes driver control and will not be forgiving if you dont know what you are doing.

I wonder if technological advances have anything to do with the gt-r's design.
pic your favorite vehicle and in 5 years it will do all the work for you too. who the phuck cares if its not a manual, who cares if the suspension damping is adjustable at the flick of a switch. the car is badass, and those who say otherwise are ignorant. if the car sucked, all the reviews would say so.

Here is what i love about driving, speed,cornering, and braking. how i achieve those is pretty phucking irrelevant.

Maniacc
08-19-2008, 11:17 AM
so wait, you didnt really read the thread? but you said you did in your previous post? :???:

you sure do contradict youself alot.
I guess I should've said, 'After browsing through it,' huh? I also only read some posts from EJ25RUN, who seems to be the only person in this thread with any form of intellect. Your posts consist of nothing but babble. You came at me like I was personally attacking your opinion. You also said something like, 'Look what I started' like we all owe you for the spark that ignited this thread into another, who hates and who likes the new GT-R thread.

Thighs
08-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I wonder if technological advances have anything to do with the gt-r's design.
pic your favorite vehicle and in 5 years it will do all the work for you too. who the phuck cares if its not a manual, who cares if the suspension damping is adjustable at the flick of a switch. the car is badass, and those who say otherwise are ignorant. if the car sucked, all the reviews would say so.

Here is what i love about driving, speed,cornering, and braking. how i achieve those is pretty phucking irrelevant.

i care if its a manual and if it has adjustable suspension, is that a problem?

it is a badass car and it is very fast, but i have my own opinion about it and dont give half a **** about what the reviews say.

Thighs
08-19-2008, 11:21 AM
I guess I should've said, 'After browsing through it,' huh? You came at me like I was personally attacking your opinion. You also said something like, 'Look what I started' like we all owe you for the spark that ignited this thread into another, who hates and who likes the new GT-R thread.

well if i came off that way im sorry, but nothing i said was meant offensively in any manner. and i was just LOLing at the fact that one comment saying that i dont care much for the gtr sparked this whole huge ass b!tchfest, its kinda funny to me.

wantboost
08-19-2008, 11:24 AM
here you go jesse from the japanese service manual:
http://blogs.cobbtuning.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/r35_manual4.JPG

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 11:26 AM
i care if its a manual and if it has adjustable suspension, is that a problem?

it is a badass car and it is very fast, but i have my own opinion about it and dont give half a **** about what the reviews say.

please enlighten me on how your car, with its suspension, is sitting right now.
what your "track settings" are, and what manufacturer makes your suspension.

also, how much hp do you need before holding on to the steering wheel becomes more important than shifting?

wantboost
08-19-2008, 11:30 AM
http://techdigest.tv/fanboy-country.jpg

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
wait till you see those damn bats!

Thighs
08-19-2008, 11:32 AM
please enlighten me on how your car, with its suspension, is sitting right now.
what your "track settings" are, and what manufacturer makes your suspension.

also, how much hp do you need before shifting becomes more important than holding on to the steering wheel?

LOL who said anything about my car? i dont have adjustable suspension, i have eibach lowering springs and kyb shocks that came with the car. but im working on that. hows your car?

and i dont think your second statement is very applicable, considering LOTS of race cars with WAY more power than the r35 are manuals. actually, the only time ive seen an automatic race car was a drag car or this one lexus that ran in grand am for a while. but they still used the tiptronic system...

Thighs
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
lolz paul youre funny

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wantboost again.

hows the hood? derek said he called me like 500 times but my phone has eben being stupid lately and not ringing or showing missed calls.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
who the phuck cares if its not a manual, who cares if the suspension damping is adjustable at the flick of a switch. .

he cares....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SvnIZVA-PKM/RecdYUKcFhI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/HKUgXrH-kqM/s1600/jeremy_clarkson.jpg

also, how much hp do you need before holding on to the steering wheel becomes more important than shifting?

Porsche 917/30 - 1500BHP in qualifying trim - Manual
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6c/Porsche_917-30_CanAm_Spyder_cockpit.jpg/800px-Porsche_917-30_CanAm_Spyder_cockpit.jpg

Brabaham BT52 - 1350BHP in qualifing trim - Manual

Sauber MB C11 - 950bhp - Manual

Road Cars -

Faster than Veyron 9FF GT9 - 987BHP - Manual
http://images.europeancarweb.com/features/epcp_0807_03_z+2008_9ff_gt9+interior_view.jpg

Koeniggsegg CCXR - 1018 BHP - Manual
http://autoreview.belproject.com/media/1/20070303-koenigsegg-ccxr-interior.jpg

Am i stressing enough why an H box is important?

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 11:46 AM
ok, so its fairy tail time.

im gonna give you a nismo Z
Or, at your discretion, im gonna give you a gt-r

now, if you tell me you would take the nismo because its more "mechanical" then i will just do you a favor and never take you serious again.

As for my car i just sold, the Si, i had buddy club 15-way adjustable coilovers, with 9/10k springs at a progressive rate. camber correction, yada yada yada. settings were 0 deg toe in the front/-1 rear camber -1.2 front -.8 rear (car has pronounced understeer and this is the only way to combat that) rear shocks 9 clicks in/ front struts 4 clicks in.

now, that being said the car was a six speed. i loved driving it, and it handled great! but im sorry, the ride was nothing, and i do meen nothing like a gt-r.

JITB
08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
lol 4 pages... almost there... a gtr picture is worth atleast 8 pages!

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 11:52 AM

now, if you tell me you would take the nismo because its more "mechanical" then i will just do you a favor and never take you serious again.

As for my car i just sold, the Si, i had buddy club 15-way adjustable coilovers, with 9/10k springs at a progressive rate. camber correction, yada yada yada. settings were 0 deg toe in the front/-1 rear camber -1.2 front -.8 rear (car has pronounced understeer and this is the only way to combat that) rear shocks 9 clicks in/ front struts 4 clicks in.

now, that being said the car was a six speed. i loved driving it, and it handled great! but im sorry, the ride was nothing, and i do meen nothing like a gt-r.

I wouldn't take the Z for many other reasons besides the transmission. And what you just brought up is matter of personal preference. Something I decide on.

Here's a better comparo to twist the brain. A good shape R34 GT-R or a R35.

I would have the R34 for all of the above factors...... :yes:

So are we still on speaking terms?

lol 4 pages... almost there... a gtr picture is worth atleast 8 pages!

You don't get credit for it though. You are more/less a statistician.

Thighs
08-19-2008, 11:55 AM

well, thinking realistically, i would probably take the gtr, sell it, and buy something different. i just dont really like the car all that much. sorry.

thats a pretty good setup on the Si as far as i can tell. its good to know that im not arguing with a moron lol. did you track/autocross it?

kouki
08-19-2008, 11:57 AM
lol @ the moron jesse....

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 12:02 PM
well, thinking realistically, i would probably take the gtr, sell it, and buy something different. i just dont really like the car all that much. sorry.

thats a pretty good setup on the Si as far as i can tell. its good to know that im not arguing with a moron lol. did you track/autocross it?

well, to be honest, no, i never tracked the car once! :no: I just enjoy making a car capable of more than it was when i bought it. i think im a good driver, and i pushed the Si to its limits in the turns but i wish i would have tracked it at least once. but thats ok, im living vicariously through my buddy who does track his supercharged Si, lol

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/gangstar1219/DSC_0010.gif

JITB
08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
You don't get credit for it though. You are more/less a statistician.

my fingers wont allow me to insert myself into another GTR discussion..

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
lol @ the moron jesse....

your quickly becoming vs than Street Speed was. And he was pitiful.

my fingers wont allow me to insert myself into another GTR discussion..

its been a while since i really let people know what i think so ill hang in this one.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't take the Z for many other reasons besides the transmission. And what you just brought up is matter of personal preference. Something I decide on.

Here's a better comparo to twist the brain. A good shape R34 GT-R or a R35.

I would have the R34 for all of the above factors...... :yes:

So are we still on speaking terms?

good contrast my friend, point taken.

kouki
08-19-2008, 12:13 PM
your quickly becoming vs than Street Speed was. And he was pitiful.

:thinking: that made no sense..... "you're* quickly becoming worse than street speed was. And he was pitiful." :goodjob:

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 12:17 PM
:thinking: that made no sense..... "you're* quickly becoming worse than street speed was. And he was pitiful." :goodjob:

I'll just let you know that i graduated with honors so your grammar assistance isn't necessary.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 12:20 PM

taking shots at grammar is like spitting out the infamous last words "gas mileage advantage" in a fight between honda and whatever other car there is.

lameness.

RL...
08-19-2008, 12:22 PM
EJRUN and Jesse are idiots, there's no sense trying to convince someone 2+2=4 when he believes it's 9. Some people are too dumb to be able to recognize a great car when they see it. OF course the GTR isn't the best car out there, but it is a refined automobile that is the WHOLE package in stock form. And you shouldn't talk of how the car drives itself when you've never drove it noob. But yes, I believe a 6-speed option would've been nice...

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 12:27 PM
EJRUN and Jesse are idiots, there's no sense trying to convince someone 2+2=4 when he believes it's 9. Some people are too dumb to be able to recognize a great car when they see it. OF course the GTR isn't the best car out there, but it is a refined automobile that is the WHOLE package in stock form. And you shouldn't talk of how the car drives itself when you've never drove it noob. But yes, I believe a 6-speed option would've been nice...

I have driven it, in fact i made a thread about it. well, not really about driving it, but i did beat the isht out of it for a few hours, pure unadulterated sex if i may say so.

JITB
08-19-2008, 12:28 PM
My thing is the Skyline GTR, has ALWAYS! been ahead of its time. and has ALWAYS had crazy gadgets. Along with almost 90% of japanese cars. And this old vs. new argument is always the same.. the old is always better to some. When the numbers tell a different story.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 12:34 PM

Look Maximus......if your gonna call me an idiot.....AGAIN.

Lets see how you did this time. I'll break it down for you.

You......

Some people are too dumb to be able to recognize a great car when they see it.

My earlier response.

But i will agree that the GTR is a great car and is a great achievement to Nissan but i'm not gonna listen to people saying it is the greatest thing ever. Especially if they don't understand what makes a drivers car.

You....

But yes, I believe a 6-speed option would've been nice...

My earlier response.

Am i stressing enough why an H box is important?

You do realize you basically repeated the words i already said.

Your so proud right now that you just cant agree to disagree. I been on this site a long time and more than a few people know i'm reasonable and never talk nonsense. If you like th GTR ......great.....go get it. Me.....not so much.
If you cant sleep at night cause everyone doesn't agree with what you have to say, too bad man.

wantboost
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
gtr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImDh5X6lGVQ

a little more driver involvement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Thomd4BQg&feature=related

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 12:46 PM
gtr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImDh5X6lGVQ

a little more driver involvement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Thomd4BQg&feature=related

I own an original copy of a 1987 Road and Track "The Worlds Fastest Cars" where the RUF Yellow Bird became the worlds fastest car with a top speed of 211 MPH in 1987!!! There are only 29 original Yellow Birds that were ever made.

http://i13.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/ab/4d/934d_1.JPG

alpine_aw11
08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
I'll never understand why people can't accept that some people aren't going to like certain cars. Retards.

JITB
08-19-2008, 12:54 PM
I'll never understand why people can't accept that some people aren't going to like certain cars. Retards.

its not the opinion its the reasoning behind it that people dont agree with..

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 12:58 PM

if you just say the gt-r is ugly, then that is a respectable perspective, one that everyone is entitled to, however, to not respect a car of that caliber while being savvy about cars is what i dont understand.

SleeperWRX
08-19-2008, 01:01 PM

Only if it was miata :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 01:01 PM
http://a293.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_aca6916ecc9c214f250332d8176953fc.jpg

Looks like that ass munch can't park or doesn't care.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 01:09 PM
if you just say the gt-r is ugly, then that is a respectable perspective, one that everyone is entitled to, however, to not respect a car of that caliber while being savvy about cars is what i dont understand.

You respect a car for different reasons though.

I respect a Porsche 911 for never changing the need to be a drivers car and stick with that at all costs. It is one of the reasons it took this long for Porsche to shove a dual clutch gearbox in the 911 even though they began using said system in the 1980's 962 racer.

Porsche made this mistake of over technologically revolutionizing a car with the 959. A car that 20 years later was still voted as the best Porsche of all time ahead of the 1973 911 RS, Carrera GT, 550 Spyder and any other Porsche street car ever made. But there was a problem. In its time the 959 was so advanced that the driver wasn't as "necessary" or "involved" as he once was. You basically felt like a passenger letting the 959 show you how amazing it is.

This is what i see in the GTR. A GREAT GREAT car that was forced to give up the thrill in order to be as fast as possible. Well, they did it. They gave the chance for an average person to drive like a talent even if they lack it.

You gotta look at cars full circle. That's how i do it.

P.S., those Nurburgring lap times people say them like they can do it. :rolleyes:

Yes 7:29 is phenomenal BUT.....it was ex F1 driver Toshio Suzuki that got those times. So he has a very tall talent barrier. And it is safe to say a high talent can get any car to do extraordinary things. I say that a regular driver. One with track experience but not F1 grade can prolly swing that car around in 7:35-7:36.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 01:23 PM
You respect a car for different reasons though.

I respect a Porsche 911 for never changing the need to be a drivers car and stick with that at all costs. It is one of the reasons it took this long for Porsche to shove a dual clutch gearbox in the 911 even though they began using said system in the 1980's 962 racer.

Porsche made this mistake of over technologically revolutionizing a car with the 959. A car that 20 years later was still voted as the best Porsche of all time ahead of the 1973 911 RS, Carrera GT, 550 Spyder and any other Porsche street car ever made. But there was a problem. In its time the 959 was so advanced that the driver wasn't as "necessary" or "involved" as he once was. You basically felt like a passenger letting the 959 show you how amazing it is.

This is what i see in the GTR. A GREAT GREAT car that was forced to give up the thrill in order to be as fast as possible. Well, they did it. They gave the chance for an average person to drive like a talent even if they lack it.

You gotta look at cars full circle. That's how i do it.

P.S., those Nurburgring lap times people say them like they can do it. :rolleyes:

Yes 7:29 is phenomenal BUT.....it was ex F1 driver Toshio Suzuki that got those times. So he has a very tall talent barrier. And it is safe to say a high talent can get any car to do extraordinary things. I say that a regular driver. One with track experience but not F1 grade can prolly swing that car around in 7:35-7:36.

I understand what you are saying man, i guess my standpoint is coming from inexperience, and never having any track experience with cars of that caliber. I just think that a fast car is a fast car, and all the r&d nissan put in the gtr is there for a reason, that being said, if designing cars and making them easier to drive while still breaking records is what the future holds, then neither you, nor myself can change that. What happens when porche makes a supercar only available in auto that sets a new record? what would be your view then? see my point? we evolve things to make our lives easier, something nissan showed us. we cant stop change and one day we may look back and say, "man, i cant believe people had to change the gears themselves and activate the clutch with their feet!"

In the end there is only the win.

alpine_aw11
08-19-2008, 01:26 PM

True, but some people(including me) think it's overrated. I do love it and all, but there's too many fanboys ruining it who not only know nothing about it or cars in general, they're willing to dish out personal and stupid insults to anyone who doesn't want to beat off everytime they see one. People just need to understand there are better cars out there, and the GTR is not a driving man's vehicle. It was designed to make anyone look good, and while it's performance is pretty remarkable for the price, true drivers do recognize that the GTR takes away the real driving experience.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 01:31 PM
trust me, if im a fanboy, then im a honda fanboy, not nissan. So i can talk about the gtr all day, in the end, i dont really care for nissan. but i do know one thing, honda has nothing to compete with the gtr right now.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 01:40 PM
I just think that a fast car is a fast car, and all the r&d nissan put in the gtr is there for a reason, that being said, if designing cars and making them easier to drive while still breaking records is what the future holds, then neither you, nor myself can change that.

Of coarse, but there are little victories. The M5 getting a manual from consumer demand years back was one.

What happens when porsche makes a supercar only available in auto that sets a new record?

Little off topic but in the early 90's, Porsche is credited with making Automatics fun when they began using an Auto that lets you go out of D and go up and down. One of the first tiptronic transmissions.

But back to Supercars, Porsche is working on the Carrera GT replacement and i'll myself agree that this time, it's all about breaking records. All though i doubt it will be a true Automatic, prolly a development of the PDK boxs that are being put in 911s now.

In the end there is only the win.

And there you hit it. Once you hit the race track, winning at all cost is the only way.

Paddle Shifters in 1989, Wings in 1967, Ceramic brakes in 1977, 4wd in 1979. All these things were thought of as being to heavy, fragile, or unproven, but today, in their respective field, it is a must.

Today, Formula 1 aerodynamicists are hated because even though the cars can corner at ungodly speeds, the racing is gone. 2008 is a great year in that traction control has finally been banned with the use of a standardized ECU.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 01:48 PM
All valid, informative and intelligent responses. thanks!

Bruce Leroy
08-19-2008, 01:50 PM
All you have to do is watch the first 10 seconds of this video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXuYftXg2-c

Notice how the gtr is sliding wide and understeering as its going through the turn... Then it magically grips, and goes around the corner.
Then watch the rx7's driver and how many steering imputs he has to make compare to the gtr drver.
The rx7 is much more involving, and at the end of the day probablly more rewarding to drive than the gtr.
Which one you choose is up to you tho.

stillaneon
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM

So you bought a maxima?

JITB
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM

Notice how the gtr is sliding wide and understeering as its going through the turn... Then it magically grips, and goes around the corner.
Then watch the rx7's driver and how many steering imputs he has to make compare to the gtr drver.
The rx7 is much more involving, and at the end of the day probablly more rewarding to drive than the gtr.

But the rx7 probrably has alot more pwer than the r35, and weighs half as much. And is a beast to drive.

the Gtr sure did sound great!.. :D

Elbow
08-19-2008, 01:56 PM

I'd rather have a Miata...

GTR FTMFL

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 01:58 PM
i do not like the styling of the new GTR. I think it's boring, plastic, and square.

I do not care about power, so a 10 second car to me means low gas mileage.

Bruce Leroy
08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm still trying to fighre out where 10 sec 1/4 mile came from? Maybe mid 11's

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
that's what the nissan guy said it was

Bruce Leroy
08-19-2008, 02:10 PM
interesting...

Elbow
08-19-2008, 02:11 PM
He lied

Nerdsrock22

:thinking:

Ok Mom.

"ridge"racer
But the rx7 probrably has alot more pwer than the r35, and weighs half as much. And is a beast to drive.

the Gtr sure did sound great!.. :D

Thats a fully built rx7, tuned for that track specifically. i have that video.

Elbow
08-19-2008, 02:14 PM

LOL ummm no. Go drive a new GTR AND a E30 M3 and tell us how you feel. Unless you suck at driving entirely you will like the M3 more. The GTR takes no talent to be quick.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 02:15 PM

But the GTR is also 4WD and just like in a front wheel drive car when you apply power. It will not magically get grip but the load being put on the front tires straightening you.

LOL ummm no. Go drive a new GTR AND a E30 M3 and tell us how you feel. Unless you suck at driving entirely you will like the M3 more. The GTR takes no talent to be quick.

and you expect an honest answer.....COOMMMONN :lmfao:

Elbow
08-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Now going back on an earlier comment of yours, you seem to be a street guy and have never visited a road coarse. (i could be wrong, im prolly not) but im under the impression that 70% of all Miata's ever made have turned into SCCA track sluts. No matter if it is an Autocross or an actual td at Road Atlanta, atleast 20 Miatas are always there.

So your comment....

Is wrong.

AT VERY LEAST....if the rest of the field crashed in practice :goodjob:

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 02:18 PM
:thinking:

Ok Mom.

i've driven fast cars, and this automatic G35 doesn't interest me.

If I were to spend 80k-100k dollars on a car, I would rather it look different than a g35 with round tail lights.

I'd just as soon buy 20 sets of wheels and a safe storage area before I bought a "Skyline"

Bruce Leroy
08-19-2008, 02:18 PM
But the GTR is also 4WD and just like in a front wheel drive car when you apply power. It will grip, not magically it's the load being put on the front tires straightening you.

its not physics... physics does not exist.

JITB
08-19-2008, 02:20 PM
i do not like the styling of the new GTR. I think it's boring, plastic, and square.

stock gtr ran like a 11.7? or something....

if any GTR is shaped like a square it would be the r34...lol
http://www.japanautoauctions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/GTRs.jpg

EJ25RUN
its not physics... physics does not exist.

huh?

http://www.japanautoauctions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/GTRs.jpg
One of those needs Jenny Craig.

Nerdsrock22
i've driven fast cars, and this automatic G35 doesn't interest me.

If I were to spend 80k-100k dollars on a car, I would rather it look different than a g35 with round tail lights.

I'd just as soon buy 20 sets of wheels and a safe storage area before I bought a "Skyline"

:blah:

:D

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 02:21 PM
haha.. you'd do the same damn thing!

Nerdsrock22
08-19-2008, 02:23 PM
For 100k I'd take a Ridgeline for swampin', a Fit for rompin', and an NSX for stompin'.

But the GTR is still an amazing car.

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
new NSX is worse than the new GTR..

V10 in a honda... just stupid to me.

wantboost
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
huh?

One of those needs Jenny Craig.
LOLOL reps given.

Bruce Leroy
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
huh?
^^
:crazy:

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/03/NissanGTR_NSX.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2008/03/medium_2316430359_0cc19c727d_o.jpg

wantboost
08-19-2008, 02:28 PM

but v8's are just fine :D
http://tanetane92.web.infoseek.co.jp/007321.jpg

JITB
08-19-2008, 02:30 PM

:rolleyes: u want the ole C32a back in it?

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
^^
:crazy:

according to your explanation.....White cars don't require physics? :???:

Elbow
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
:rolleyes: u want the ole C32a back in it?

Yeah what the hell is wrong with a V10?

LOL @ the pics of the Skylines the R35 IS HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Nerdsrock22
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM

Yeah I guess you are right, they don't know anything about that.

http://homepage.mac.com/mlv/iblog/yoshishin/C356790966/E20060313153338/Media/01_b.jpg

JITB
08-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah what the hell is wrong with a V10?

LOL @ the pics of the Skylines the R35 IS HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

lol alot of japanese owners are complaining that its too wide for the regular streets...lol but that has been true with alot of new cars in overcrowded cities..

Elbow
08-19-2008, 02:37 PM
lol alot of japanese owners are complaining that its too wide for the regular streets...lol but that has been true with alot of new cars in overcrowded cities..

lolol

Ran
08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Wow, this thread is practically WL material.

Humphrizzle
C32 is much better than V10

DUBSf22c

:thinking:fanboi ¿¿??:thinking:

Elbow
08-19-2008, 02:39 PM
C32 is much better than V10

:???: Explain that one....

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Nothing to explain.. Just dislike the idea of a new v10 motor in a production car. Just looks stupid, I like the Mid engine in the former NSX, The car just looked 10000 times better before.

I dont like the new one.. just like i dont like the new GTR. Looks stupid to me.

"ridge"racer
08-19-2008, 02:41 PM
I hear the new nsx will be faster than the gtr, track wise. that should be interesting.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 02:42 PM

You see, you say that.....but it's just not quite right to Honda's history. You see Honda has always been about efficiency. And the Honda system was make more with less.

That does not mean more with less cylinders. NO.....More with less displacement. Here's what i'm on about.

60's - the 1.5 liter limit exist in Formula 1.

So what do you do?

You make a 1.5 liter V12.....An engine which many say is what Lamborghini used to make their great V12.

http://www.cimanet.co.uk/realhondaf1/images/engines/1964RA271E.jpeg

It gets even more extreme in motorcycle racing.

So the 500cc championship for grand prix bikes is set at 500cc....Obviously.
And all the winning bikes are two strokes but you want to stike with a 4 stroke. And there is a limit of only 4 cylinders.

So what do you do?

You make a 4 cylinder with oval pistons, 8 valves per cylinder and 32 vales overall.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Ovalpiston.jpg/800px-Ovalpiston.jpg

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 02:44 PM
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/632/632890/new-nsx--20050712101937272.jpg
vs
http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/04.cars.best.residual/04.acura.nsx.500.jpg

I'd rather the classic

Elbow
08-19-2008, 02:45 PM
You see, you say that.....but not it's just not quite right to Honda's history. You see Honda has always been about efficiency. And the Honda system was make more with less.

That does not mean more with less cylinders. NO.....More with less displacement. Here's what i'm on about.

60's - the 1.5 liter limit exist in Formula 1.

So what do you do?

You make a 1.5 liter V12.....An engine which many say is what Lamborghini used to make their great V12.

http://www.cimanet.co.uk/realhondaf1/images/engines/1964RA271E.jpeg

It gets even more extreme in motorcycle racing.

So the 500cc championship for grand prix bikes is set at 500cc....Obviously.
And all the winning bikes are two strokes but you want to stike with a 4 stroke. And there is a limit of only 4 cylinders.

So what do you do?

You make a 4 cylinder with oval pistons, 8 valves per cylinder and 32 vales overall.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Ovalpiston.jpg/800px-Ovalpiston.jpg

Do you have a HUGE photo database organized and all ready for quick photo detailed replies? lol

JITB
08-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Nothing to explain.. Just dislike the idea of a new v10 motor in a production car. Just looks stupid, I like the Mid engine in the former NSX, The car just looked 10000 times better before.

I dont like the new one.. just like i dont like the new GTR. Looks stupid to me.

SHOW ME WHAT THE NEW NSX LOOKS LIKE SON!

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 02:47 PM
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/632/632890/new-nsx--20050712101937272.jpg
vs
http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/04.cars.best.residual/04.acura.nsx.500.jpg

I'd rather the classic

look smart the HSC car was cancelled 4 years ago because honda knew it was not to sell.

You need to do your homework before you come in here and talk like you know something. I mean really???? A C32 vs a highly efficient v10 or v8? WEhat's wrong with you?

Nerdsrock22
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM

not to be picky, but thats the concept from like 5 years ago.

http://www.autotunerzone.com/images/2008-acura-nsx-concept-1.jpg

this would be the appropriate model to hate on.

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 02:49 PM
I do agree with you, Honda has always been great at being efficient, but with a V10 coming as a production model, while never having a production model V8.

What is the displacement for the new NSX, anyway?

Elbow
look smart the hdc car was cancelled 4 years ago because honda knew it was not to sell.

You need to do your homework before you come in here and talk like you know something. I mean really???? A C32 vs a highly efficient v10 or v8? WEhat's wrong with you?

Owned

JITB
look smart the hdc car was cancelled 4 years ago because honda knew it was not to sell.

the HDC was in Gran Turismo 3... :lmfao:

SandM
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM
now, i definately agree with JITB that the skylines have always been ahead of the curve. i also agree that the new gtr is a very quick car. however, i think the new gtr is overrated. i got the same reaction from the evo guys when i trash talked the evo X. i don't like the fact that car companies are starting to take away the driver connection with the car.
i specifically bought an AP1 because I wanted the stay with the throttle cable system and have good tunability. granted, i want to have a great lap time, i would rather have a slightly slower lap time and enjoy every minute knowing i made the car perform the way it did than to win with computers guiding my way.

Humphrizzle
08-19-2008, 02:51 PM
all concepts i see are ugly.

so is the supposed powerplant.

Honda has already sworn to never make a production V8. Why? but they blow by it and continue for a production V10.

I do my homework. I research everything I preach.

JITB
08-19-2008, 02:51 PM
I do agree with you, Honda has always been great at being efficient, but with a V10 coming as a production model, while never having a production model V8.

What is the displacement for the new NSX, anyway?

all concepts i see are ugly.

so is the supposed powerplant.

Honda has already sworn to never make a production V8. Why? but they blow by it and continue for a production V10.

I do my homework. I research everything I preach.

"Honda is rumored to be testing a new aluminum-block V-8 in the Ridgeline pickup truck. The V-8 is in the 4.2- to 4.4-liter range, with VTEC and cylinder shutoff, and is slated to appear first the next Acura RL, a 2011 model launching in 2010. Honda also is adding the engine to the next-generation Ridgeline, slated for 2011 as a 2012 model. The exact configuration is unknown, but given the displacement, it's not based on the 60-degree 3.5- and 3.8-liter V-6s, so it's probably a 90-degree configuration, typical of eight-cylinder engines. Honda engineers take up the V-8 project as they complete work on a V-6 turbodiesel. It isn't designed just for the European market, which has embraced Honda's 2.2-liter diesel four, but also would provide needed low-end torque for the Ridgeline and Pilot SUV. Low-sulfur fuel required in the U.S. from 2007 will make the engine viable and will launch about the same time as a Mercedes-Benz diesel assault on our market. Honda also is reportedly working on a hybrid-powered Ridgeline for the 2009 model year."

http://www.automotive.com/future-cars/90/36993/112-0509-honda-ridgeline-v8/index.html

:yes:

SandM
08-19-2008, 02:52 PM