PDA

View Full Version : Fired From Your Job?

TheGodfather
08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
How many people have been fired from a job before? And if more than once, how many times?

I fukked up at my job, and this is going to be the second time I'm getting fired. Anyone get fired more than once?

If so, how hard is it going to be to get another job?

I'm kinda freaking out.

BKgen®
08-18-2008, 02:20 PM
i've never been fired.. but i'm pretty sure my boss here hates me. So it wouldn't take much for it to happen...

good luck finding another. stay on top of your sh*t and kiss ass whenever possible -- that's the only advice i can give you.

Bruce Leroy
08-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I've never been fired from a job... usually they beg me not to leave.

mocha latte cupcake
08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
i got fired, but i got set up @ that job. jiffy lube, the district manager was dealing crack and weed. a guy i was working with was shooting heroine and i was the only straight lace on the shoe i guess. they all thought i was going to rat them out but i didn't care as long as i was getting paid and wasn't involved in anything or near any of it. and the manager thought i wanted his job after i basically told him dude i really don't wanna be you ok.. i don't want you job... they set me up with some bs. *they called and told me to move the cameras b/c someone put them out of focus and moved them) so i aimed it back and just turned the lense *since he decided he'd hang up on me* mind you i'm super terrified of being on ladders - i fall off every single one i get on. but i did it... 2 days later i got fired.... BS

but thats the only time i got fired

FasTech
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Never been fired!

AirMax95
08-18-2008, 02:40 PM
I was forced to reisgn once, because I was not pleased with the way the operations were ran. The workers productivity was dropping, they hated the supervisors, and no one cared about them! I was in the Mgnt Training Program so I THOUGHT my views would be seen as a good thing. I said my piece to the Ops Manager, he knew I was right, but felt I would cause an unbalanced work enviroment.

Glad I left.....

AirMax95
08-18-2008, 02:41 PM
How many people have been fired from a job before? And if more than once, how many times?

I fukked up at my job, and this is going to be the second time I'm getting fired. Anyone get fired more than once?

I'm kinda freaking out.

How long have you been there? How bad did you **** up? Details hurry!

TheGodfather
08-18-2008, 02:45 PM
I've been there for 1.5 years and am currently suspended for a week, and they will let me know if I still have a job when I return this coming Saturday.

I lied to a manager about a deal I tried to get, and it looked like I stole it, but later I went and paid for it.

I also, they so, have had problems with 10 different people during my time there.

Ruiner
08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Are these white collar or blue collar jobs?

I'm a corporate businessman in IT, so white collar all the way. Very rarely do you get fired in business like this unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY **** up.

TheGodfather
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
This is just a blue collar part time job while I'm in college.

Alan®
08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Nope. The first 2 jobs I didn't like after working them for 6 months each so I left. My third job I had I left after a year after i saw the writing on the wall that they were going under. The next one I had I left after things I was promised were never delivered. The job after that I left after they screwed me out of $300. I also didn't want to be involved in want paramounted to Bank fraud since my manager was lying on loan applications.

twinj
08-18-2008, 02:54 PM
I got fired only one time. When I was in highschool, I use to work for this old folks home. They wanted me to work Christmas, Which I thought they had ****ing loss it. Came in the next day ,and they fired me.

AirMax95
08-18-2008, 02:54 PM

I'm a corporate businessman in IT, so white collar all the way. Very rarely do you get fired in business like this unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY **** up.

I am corporate now (#2 for me) in Logistics Operations. Getting fired here is like you said, REALLY screwing up. White collar FTW!!!!

My post above was blue collar management, I HATED THAT ****!!!! I was looking for a job when they asked me to resign, lol! Perfect timing, job offer the next week :taun:

BKgen®
08-18-2008, 02:58 PM
I got fired only one time. When I was in highschool, I use to work for this old folks home. They wanted me to work Christmas, Which I thought they had ****ing loss it. Came in the next day ,and they fired me.

lol... did you think old people slept right through Christmas? :lmfao:

Slow Motion
08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Quit b4 you get fired, because if you feel it is serious hurry up and quit. I recently lost a job i had for 2 years because i was injured on the job but they say it was my attendance, and the last one was were they say i stole a cup of ice. True i took the ice but i worked at a different location and it was cool were i worked. But i fuked up thinkin the standard rules of operation would be the same and the other time was in 05. The only thing that gets me through is the fact that i over achieve at all of my jobs, i have proof of the things i did and the awards that i have also. Thats why i never slack off so when they fire me it always seems supicious as to the real reason.

AirMax95
08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I've been there for 1.5 years and am currently suspended for a week, and they will let me know if I still have a job when I return this coming Saturday.

I lied to a manager about a deal I tried to get, and it looked like I stole it, but later I went and paid for it.

I also, they so, have had problems with 10 different people during my time there.

Ah phuck that. Make peace with the manager, whether they fire you or not. Explain the situation again, blame it on your lack of judgement at the time. BE SINCERE!!! Assuming you were a good employee (work wise) ask for a positive recommendation from the manager/boss.

If they don't want to give a POSITIVE Recommendation, leave them off your resueme/job app. Employers only call references/work history that you list. :D

redrumracer
08-18-2008, 03:04 PM
I have never quit a job, except for 2. all the others i make my stay unwelcomed.

Stormhammer
08-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Um, why did you lie to your boss about a deal? :thinking:

EJ25RUN
08-18-2008, 03:13 PM
never fired but laid off once.

eViLMunkey
08-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Fired once, mainly due to my lazy a$$ not showing up on a non-madatory day to be there (Sat). and I thought the other Valets were gonna be there (6 other valets and none showed) so I got canned. but if I hadn't I wouldn't have gotten a better job w/ Dunwoody Chevron.. (only called in sick twice in 2 years) But basically kiss ass and work your a$$ off to prove you deserve the job.

Plus White collar work is so much easier since now I am a Gallery Director so all I do is sit on the porch watching rich b!tches walk by and sell artwork all day :goodjob:

Evil Goat
08-18-2008, 04:09 PM
fired once for non-business use of the internet, basically checking out forums and what not during my shift, from now i just put down that i put in my 2 weeks notice and left on good terms....rarely, if everf, would an employer, especially one looking to hire a college student part time call previous employers, even if they do i dont think they are allowed to state whether or not your were terminated, etc, from my understanding by law all they are allowed to ask/state is whether or not they would rehire you....course i could be wrong, but i dont care

Maniacc
08-18-2008, 04:10 PM

I'm kinda freaking out.
http://i38.tinypic.com/2cyc8p.gif

blaknoize
08-18-2008, 07:25 PM

I'm a corporate businessman in IT, so white collar all the way. Very rarely do you get fired in business like this unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY **** up.Ur right about that, I skipped half my shift for 6months and never even heard the word suspension. lol

X-Runner
08-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Never really fired, well expect for my last job. First job I had for 2 years while in highschool. About 3 months before graduation I wasnt able to be there like he needed because of school and I basiclly was asked to quit. Left on good terms though. Next job was at a dealership, there for 4 months and they closed the doors. Moved on to another dealership, there almost a year and asked to leave because of 2 tickets in a company truck.

4dmin
08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
been laid off but never fired... i had a boss try to fire me when i was in high school b/c i quit... dude was so mad i put in my notice he told me not to come back b/c i was fired. i was like - OK :D quick call to upper mgmt and they paid me for the 2 week notice i didn't have to work

ironchef
08-18-2008, 08:04 PM

I'm a corporate businessman in IT, so white collar all the way. Very rarely do you get fired in business like this unless you REALLY REALLY REALLY **** up.What field of IT are you in? I just started in the corporate IT/finance world, radical departure from restaurants/retail.

Got my own phone, shiny new email account, and sweet stapler! haha

Ruiner
08-18-2008, 09:50 PM
What field of IT are you in? I just started in the corporate IT/finance world, radical departure from restaurants/retail.

Got my own phone, shiny new email account, and sweet stapler! haha

I'm a *Storage Architect*. :goodjob:

I design, plan, maintain, etc storage subsystems and arrays for my company. This includes disaster recovery, normal day to day operations, replication, performance planning, logistics, reporting, new hardware and technologies...I could go on all day. It's a lot of work...a lot of precise work that requires very detail-oriented thoughts and methodologies.

I'm sure that you have heard of EMC, NetApp, IBM, etc storage. That's what I deal with...

Think *very* advanced, high level in the IT field; especially in the storage field. Anytime you get "architect" in your name in the IT field, you are in the upper group/position in terms of experience, responsibility, $$$, etc.

b18hb
08-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Twice, both times for political reasons. Apparently, my former employer did not believe in higher education. As soon as I informed them I had enrolled (for scheduling purposes), I was laid off. The other time, word somehow got out that I was looking for a new place of employment. Both times, the employers came up with a crap story in order to justify it.

OhMyGodfather
08-19-2008, 12:46 AM
I was "terminated" from a warehouse.

They said that I wasnt productive enough (i met quota EVERY day) and that I didnt seem "happy"

This was the day after I told them I would have to leave when school started.

TheGodfather
08-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Thanks everyone for the responses.

So how did you fair in future job hunts and how negatively were you affected throughout the future?

Catnip
08-19-2008, 02:06 AM
Just throwing this out there, but if you have any dirt on them, blackmail is fun...

savincent
08-19-2008, 04:05 AM
...I was fired from Burger King when I was 16... Didn't show up to work for 3 weeks.

ironchef
08-19-2008, 06:02 AM

I design, plan, maintain, etc storage subsystems and arrays for my company. This includes disaster recovery, normal day to day operations, replication, performance planning, logistics, reporting, new hardware and technologies...I could go on all day. It's a lot of work...a lot of precise work that requires very detail-oriented thoughts and methodologies.

I'm sure that you have heard of EMC, NetApp, IBM, etc storage. That's what I deal with...

Think *very* advanced, high level in the IT field; especially in the storage field. Anytime you get "architect" in your name in the IT field, you are in the upper group/position in terms of experience, responsibility, $$$, etc.
Got any internship positions? :D

4dmin
08-19-2008, 08:00 AM

thats what scott parker does to i think :thinking: i know that it pays well :goodjob:

Ruiner
08-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Got any internship positions? :D

Nope. I don't believe that we offer any internship-type positions at my company. It's basically "come and and hit the ground running" type of stuff in the IT department. We don't play around...

Ruiner
08-19-2008, 09:56 AM
thats what scott parker does to i think :thinking: i know that it pays well :goodjob:

Who is that?

B_Hoov
08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
publix- first job-straight up quit to work at lazy days on the lake
lazy days- fired because someone carved my name into the seat of a golf cart and mis spelled it at that.
css/comcast- seasonal camera man for the atl falcons
publix again- left there to work for Ga Power as a lineman apprentice
Ga power- at the end of my apprenticeship i did not meet the weight requirements (under275lb) which i was completely unaware of, i believe i was 1.5lb over.
css/comcast- again seasonal
frazier harley davidson- washed/detailed bikes for 7$hr 45hr week
honda mall of ga- were going to fire me for leaving an oil plug loose when really it had a pin hole in it so i quit before being fired. then they called back and tried to hire me back and i told them no thanks.
bitzer us got fired because i did not inspect a brass plug that was planted in my batch that had a pin hole and upon testing leaked...damn pin holes!
townsend got my class a cdl's, moved up quick, went from groundsman to trimmer to class a trimmer to foreman then left for a job making 2x as much
flowers bakery of tucker loved it, supervisor was on my case 24/7 took me 1.5 hr to get to work and longer getting home due to traffic, atleast 12-14 hr shifts if not longer, hot as hell all the time, quit and found a job closer to home so i could spend more time at home with my wife (newly wed)
lanier industrial worked as a metal fabricator, forklift tech, went to school at nights for welding and metallurgy classes, laid me off after 2 yrs, now he has run his company down to a book keeper which is his retarted wife, a parts guy that he has known forever, and a tech thats in traning that just started.

thats it for me for previous jobs and whatnot

AirMax95
08-19-2008, 12:48 PM
^^^pin holes own ur ass.....

B_Hoov
08-19-2008, 02:06 PM
^^^pin holes own ur ass.....
no kidding

Elbow
08-19-2008, 02:10 PM
If you are worried about finding another job, just dont use this one as a reference.

hydroshutter
08-19-2008, 06:13 PM
I just want to add in the Corporate world it's not what you know, it's who you know.

I'm sure most know this, but I just want to reiterate it as I cannot do that enough.