PDA

View Full Version : I'm impressed!!!! Verizon pulled through for me!!!

Killer
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
I've been having some random problems outta my phone
(samsung i-760... pda..) it's just been glitchy and not doing what it's supposed to... freezing up a lot...

last month they replaced it with a brand new(refurb) samsung... i'm still having the same random problems...

so i called them.. i was polite, and so were they.. asked if there was anyway to replace the phone with another of equal value instead of the same glitchy samsung....

they agreed.. no questions asked!!!!

my phone is valued at 500 so i'm gonna go check some out today... give them a call back and get a new phone!! woot!

any suggestions? remember.. it's VZW

AlanŽ
08-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Go get either the dare or the voyager. I have a voyager and it's great

The Youngn
08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Get the Dare. I'm trying to get that soon

Killer
08-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Go get either the dare or the voyager. I have a voyager and it's great

the voyager just seems a bit too long...

dare looks sick... BUT i would rather have actual touch keys for texting... idk.. i'm gonna stop by a store on the way home...

Oz10
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I've had verizon for a couple years. They usually are pretty tough about that kind of stuff, but I've always had cheap phones so maybe thats why. But their coverage and prices are almost unbeatable.

Z28
08-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I have a Dare (about 3 weeks now), and you get used to not having buttons. You can have a 3 letter to 1 number keypad, full keyboard, or you can write and it will recognize it and translate that to typing.

It's the first "nicer" phone I've ever had, and probably the best $200 I've spent. I got the phone, a soft case, screen protectors and an 8gig mini SD card for $200, so see if they are still running that promo.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Killer
08-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I have a Dare (about 3 weeks now), and you get used to not having buttons. You can have a 3 letter to 1 number keypad, full keyboard, or you can write and it will recognize it and translate that to typing.

It's the first "nicer" phone I've ever had, and probably the best $200 I've spent. I got the phone, a soft case, screen protectors and an 8gig mini SD card for $200, so see if they are still running that promo.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

write to text... that sounds pretty sick right there....

and they are just replacing the phone.. so idk about all the extra's... and i've already got an sd... and screen protectors... or i'll just ebay one...

Z28
08-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah, it does a pretty good job. If you get the Dare, adding music can be weird, depending on your OS on your computer. For XP I had to install their Rhapsody client which I hated, but on Vista it autofinds the drivers that you need, which is nice. Haven't tried it on an X64 or a Mac, but Vista 32 is perfect for it, you can use Windows Media Player and drag and drop (It's charger is a USB cable which connects to a supplied outlet adapter, or you can charge it with your computer).

Killer
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, it does a pretty good job. If you get the Dare, adding music can be weird, depending on your OS on your computer. For XP I had to install their Rhapsody client which I hated, but on Vista it autofinds the drivers that you need, which is nice. Haven't tried it on an X64 or a Mac, but Vista 32 is perfect for it, you can use Windows Media Player and drag and drop (It's charger is a USB cable which connects to a supplied outlet adapter, or you can charge it with your computer).

i'm getting more and more interested!!! lol... but we use xp's at work so...

i'm not too worried about the music though... BUT then again.. given it's not a pda... means that using up the memory shouldn't slow the phone down... so who knows...

Evil Goat
08-18-2008, 01:27 PM
yup, dare here, very nice phone, best vzw phone ive had, and ive been with them going on 10 years now. if you do a lot of texting while driving it can be a bit awkward, but for everything else its flawless so far, the 3g network works pretty well in good service areas, which im usually always in, and i care what noone says vzw has the best built in navigator service available, period....works as well, and most of the time better, than the over the counter gps systems available that are in the same cost range as the phone, most of the guys i work with use the garmins, etc that are out, that can only be updated via buying a cd once a year from what i understand, free downloadable updates whenever they are available through vzw = me being able to find newer places that most of theirs cant

Z28
08-18-2008, 01:34 PM
and i care what noone says vzw has the best built in navigator service available, period....works as well, and most of the time better, than the over the counter gps systems available that are in the same cost range as the phone, most of the guys i work with use the garmins, etc that are out, that can only be updated via buying a cd once a year from what i understand, free downloadable updates whenever they are available through vzw = me being able to find newer places that most of theirs cant

Amen. VZWN is a great addition to the phone, and I've only found one spot where I don't get the internet 100% of the time. Autoupdating navigator when you select the service = win.

Killer
08-18-2008, 01:34 PM
yup, dare here, very nice phone, best vzw phone ive had, and ive been with them going on 10 years now. if you do a lot of texting while driving it can be a bit awkward, but for everything else its flawless so far, the 3g network works pretty well in good service areas, which im usually always in, and i care what noone says vzw has the best built in navigator service available, period....works as well, and most of the time better, than the over the counter gps systems available that are in the same cost range as the phone, most of the guys i work with use the garmins, etc that are out, that can only be updated via buying a cd once a year from what i understand, free downloadable updates whenever they are available through vzw = me being able to find newer places that most of theirs cant

yeah, had nav on my last phone (this pda doesn't support it) and i freakin loved it...

what kinda internet capabilities does this phone have???

my pda has wifi.. which is sweet.. cause i don't have to have a data package... BUT it's signal is pretty weak at my apt.. so i can't always get on...

Killer
08-18-2008, 01:35 PM
i'm pretty sure i'm sold so far though...

gonna pull up some more stats online... then call the chick back... i did look at the phone this weekend.. but without any guidance.. didn't know what i was doing! lol.

Evil Goat
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
its not wifi capable, it uses the 3g network, which isnt bad....works well enough for me considering its a phone

check youtube for some of the video reviews....itll show you all the tricks you can do with it

Evil Goat
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
it has a 3.2mp camera, and is the only phone on the market with face recognition...has the 3 axis whatever like the iphone so when you flip it the pictures flip, and the best part is it has the 3.5mm headphone jack so you dont have to buy vzw's craptacular headphones to work with the phone to use it as a mp3 player

and not that it really matters these days, but i guess it could, but you can actually plug the phone into your laptop and use the phone as a modem

Z28
08-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah, if you get it, do NOT buy the "Music Essentials Kit" or whatever. I think it's like $30-$40 and does not do anything you couldn't find on your own. Flipping it around is fun, too.

Killer
08-18-2008, 01:43 PM
it has a 3.2mp camera, and is the only phone on the market with face recognition...has the 3 axis whatever like the iphone so when you flip it the pictures flip, and the best part is it has the 3.5mm headphone jack so you dont have to buy vzw's craptacular headphones to work with the phone to use it as a mp3 player

and not that it really matters these days, but i guess it could, but you can actually plug the phone into your laptop and use the phone as a modem

... do you have to pay for a dataplan??? can it view youtube vids and all that too??? that's prolly my biggest selling point..

and yeah, 3.5 jack.. that's amazing!!!!

Z28
08-18-2008, 01:46 PM
... do you have to pay for a dataplan??? can it view youtube vids and all that too??? that's prolly my biggest selling point..

and yeah, 3.5 jack.. that's amazing!!!!

No need for a "data" plan. I have their $79.99/month Premium Plan, where I get mobile internet, mobile email, navigator and 450 anytime minutes plus some other small ****. I think their data plan, for a Black Berry or something, is like $25, and for the 9QC (Whatever that Motorola is), is like 39.99 a month. What plan are you on?

And I'll check the youtube in a minute, I know we get javascript on the mobile internet for it.

Update: Youtube works fine.

Evil Goat
08-18-2008, 01:47 PM
that im not sure of, i think you may have to carry to vcast crap for $15/mo which gives you unlimited navigator use, vcast crap, and internet iirc

i use youtube mobile and it works like a champ

Killer
08-18-2008, 01:49 PM
No need for a "data" plan. I have their $79.99/month Premium Plan, where I get mobile internet, mobile email, navigator and 450 anytime minutes plus some other small ****. I think their data plan, for a Black Berry or something, is like $25, and for the 9QC (Whatever that Motorola is), is like 39.99 a month. What plan are you on?

And I'll check the youtube in a minute, I know we get javascript on the mobile internet for it.

idk my plan at the moment... don't remember lol...

but, i was paying like an extra 45-50 a month for the data plan.. so i canceled that!!!!! (that was unlimited of course)

Killer
08-18-2008, 01:53 PM
calling vzw now... lol

looked at some online reviews.. and i'm pretty positive it's the phone i want.. def looks like it's the best phone vzw has to offer...

Evil Goat
08-18-2008, 01:56 PM
just checked my bill....i have the nationwide premium family share plan, 700 mins, i pay $110 for the first phone, $29.99 for the 2nd, we have unlimited everything on both phones + the 700 mins and unlimited rhapsody

so no data plan.

edit...ninja'd :ninja:

Killer
08-18-2008, 02:03 PM
i'm gonna see what they can do about adding features without charging me too much extra... i've got a pretty big bargaining tool considering i could easily sell this phone for like 400... pay to cancel my contract.. and buy a new phone/plan with at&t... but i don't want to have to do that... i think i'm on the like 39.99 or 49.99 plan with 400 min... in messaging.. and like 500 "out of network" messaging..

my bill is normally like 70-80 bucks i think... idk.. i'll get it figured out though...

thanks for all the help guys!!!

Killer
08-18-2008, 02:13 PM
got it ordered... BUT

i've got the 59.99 plan... they said for me to "unlock" all the features.. i'd have to bump up to a 79.99 plan... and then pay the 15.00 a month for unlimited browsing and what not...

that sound right to ya'll???

JITB
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
how much and waht is the verizon unlimited data plan called? vcast media pack? is it the 15$ thing? i just got verizon, and i was thinkin about gettin the media package... so i can use my features..lol

Killer
08-18-2008, 02:56 PM
for a non pda it's 15 for the media package.. which allows unlimited browsing.. and get it now/vcast... but from what the tech says.. does not include vz navigator... nav is 9.99 more....

i think 95-100 a month is a bit extreme for one person... with one phone.... but that's my 2cents

Evil Goat
08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
my understanding is vcast includes unlimited vznav....i paid the 9.99/mo for the nav service up until i got the dare, i now have the vcast crap and we have unlimited vznav on both phones

Killer
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
my understanding is vcast includes unlimited vznav....i paid the 9.99/mo for the nav service up until i got the dare, i now have the vcast crap and we have unlimited vznav on both phones

hmmm... you're on which actual plan again though??

they told me i could do the 79.99 plan and ad 15 media...

or do something else weird.. either way.. same prices!!! so idk...

never_finished
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
bump....anyone have the samsung glyde with verizon?

Shibby
09-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I just got my favorite phone ever.. mostly because i paid like 50 dollars for it but if you're looking for a great phone, i'd check out the Verizon Blitz. looks like a PDA, has a full keyboard, capable of everything! Email, Navigation, internet, and it's really comfortable.

I love it, 106 dollars out the door and i got myself a good new phone.

Shibby
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
bump....anyone have the samsung glyde with verizon?

I was going to get it but could not afford it. I'd definitely get the glide if i had the extra 100 bucks to spend.

never_finished
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
it's 80 right now with a 2-yr. I currently have the alias....but its damaged and im not sure they will replace it. IF not i was going to get the glyde.

Killer
09-09-2008, 03:06 PM
i got the dare... i'm diggin it so far!!! i've heard good and bad about the glyde though...

Evil Goat
09-09-2008, 10:41 PM
dare still ftw

Killer
09-10-2008, 09:04 AM
dare still ftw

yeah.. there a very few things i think they could improve on with it... but i really do like mine...