PDA

View Full Version : some help for my brother, a world team member

Jimmy B
08-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Hey guys, most of the old skool IA peopel know what i do, newbs, most of you do not...

I am a coach, manufacture, and an athlete for inline speed skating. My brother, Jonathon Blair qualified as the Road Champion for the jr world team during tryouts in Colorado springs, CO, and had been there for the past 2 weeks trainig with the rest of the team getting fully prepaired for the World Chanpionships. This year Jonathon also won Indoor Nationals, and set 5 national records. This is the 12th national championship he has won, and he is only 15 years old.

here is what we are doing.. a fundraiser, that we as a team are doing for him. This coming sunday(8-24) in Smyrna, we are having a lap-a-thon during practice for him. We have challenged everyone on the team to go get sponsers for laps that they will skate. We will have a set time for members to skate as many laps as they can in an alloted amount of time, and the sponsers can pay whatever they want to, per lap skated. All(100%) of the proceds go toward his travel expenses, as this year its right around $5000 for the trip.
Jonathon will be there at practice that day as a quick trip home before he leaves for Spain on Monday.

Im not asking for much guys, a few dollars goes a long way if enough dontate! He is one of the favorite skaters on the mens team, and could do great this year. If you want to donate let me know, or even if you want to stop by to show support... With the Olympics goign on, most people that are active in sports have a little excitment these few weeks.
its going to happen sometime during practice on monday, between 11am-2pm, at the smyrna sparkles.

thanks for reading

here is what its all about,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBhdWmGH-rc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJuScOFKQxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dbomdc-_cU

The BUCKY
08-18-2008, 10:58 AM
how can we help

redrumracer
08-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Thats cool, is able to skate on ice? if so does he plan on trying out for the winter olympics coming up?

Jimmy B
08-18-2008, 11:09 AM
bucky, i think right now, monatry donations are the key, he still owes something like 3K to make the trip over there.

alot of inline skaters have switched to ice skating, but we are still trying hard to get inline in the summer olympics,... right now, he dosent want to switch to ice as you have to move to salt lake city,.. if you have never been, IT SUX there.. lol

The BUCKY
08-18-2008, 11:16 AM
i mean where can we donate. lol

Jimmy B
08-18-2008, 12:22 PM
LOL, oops, i read it wrong,

so far ist been checks, or cash in person.. if you want to send through paypal, ill get it to him that way.. or in person on sunday.. let me know what you feel better doing

thanks in advance!!!

The BUCKY
08-18-2008, 12:24 PM
paypal works best for me

Oz10
08-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Thats cool! Wish I had some extra cash to put towards the cause. Poor college students ftl. Good luck with your fundraiser.

4dmin
08-18-2008, 12:44 PM
thats cool jimmy makes me miss the old days when i used to speed skate and play roller ball hockey. when you need the money by?

Jimmy B
08-18-2008, 02:02 PM
thats cool jimmy makes me miss the old days when i used to speed skate and play roller ball hockey. when you need the money by?

he is leaving for spain on monday(week from today) and competing from sept 3rd -12th. my dad will most likley put the balance on his credit card, but as you know.. evey little bit helps even after the fack to pay down bills.

thanks OZ btw!

Bucky, you got PM

The BUCKY
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
:goodjob: :goodjob:

Jimmy B
08-19-2008, 12:24 PM
thank you bucky! much appriciated

Jimmy B
08-27-2008, 10:35 AM
An update here,
First off, thanks to bucky for donating, Jonathon was Very appriciative.

The lap-a thon went well, with some people just donating a set amount, others pledging $ per lap skated. all in all, with one in Smyrna, and another later in the day over at Lawrenceville, Jonathon was able to put over $1500 toward the trip!

He left yestersay, and got over to Gjorn, Spain at 6am (EST) today, i think it was aobut 11am over there. Races start in about a week, and go for 2 weeks!