PDA

View Full Version : Free $2,400?

yogi08
08-17-2008, 07:58 PM
I sold a car to a local lady for 2,400 dollars. We signed a contract and what not that she can pick up the car when I get the title back and shes already payed me with cash up front. Ive tried calling this lady all of yesterday and today to speak with her, also went by her address she said was her house, but havent gotten intouch with anyone who knows her, or her. I'm wondering... if even in a few weeks I cant get ahold of her, do I resell the car or hold it no matter what? This is pretty crazy actually.

quickdodgeŽ
08-17-2008, 08:00 PM
I sold a car to a local lady for 2,400 dollars. We signed a contract and what not that she can pick up the car when I get the title back and shes already payed me with cash up front. Ive tried calling this lady all of yesterday and today to speak with her, also went by her address she said was her house, but havent gotten intouch with anyone who knows her, or her. I'm wondering... if even in a few weeks I cant get ahold of her, do I resell the car or hold it no matter what? This is pretty crazy actually.

You need to speak with an attorney on that issue. Later, QD.

yogi08
08-17-2008, 08:08 PM
You need to speak with an attorney on that issue. Later, QD.
Going thursday for something else, but yes I planned on mentioning it to him :goodjob:

civic95
08-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Same thing happened to my dad (only $500 though). Guy was supposed to come haul it off in a week. My dad made a few attempts to reach him, and after 6 months sold it again to someone else.

japan4racing
08-17-2008, 08:14 PM
i cant remember the exact amount of time but after a certaint amount of days the car is considered abandoned in the state of ga. and can be re-titled to anyone. i had an issue with this back in 2001 when i sold a car and the guy waited 6 months to come get it. unless the laws have changed this is still the case. however you need to wait a good while. a lawyer is always a good idea in this case. cover your ass so she cant come back and take you to court

quickdodgeŽ
08-17-2008, 08:14 PM
That's weird sittcheation, but you guys have a contract. That's the kicker. BUT, you can't just spend all your time tracking down the new "owner" and you shouldn't have to keep storing the car at your place either. Later, QD.

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-17-2008, 08:21 PM
If she hasn't signed the title over yet then I don't think you can do much about it unless it drags on for months.

japan4racing
08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
when i went through my deal i still had contact with the buyer he just couldnt find time to come up to warner robins from south florida. when i had finally had enough i told him to come get the car in a week or i was taking it to the junk yard and then i was gonna charge him storage fees for the last 6 months i was holding the car. 3 days later he showed up to get it. then bitched because the $500 parts car he bought was in rough shape. turns out he bought it with money from other ppl that he was selling parts to off of the parts car i sold him. so when he saw that it wasnt what he thought he was getting he was rather pissed..thats what he gets for trying to **** ppl over

quickdodgeŽ
08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
If she hasn't signed the title over yet then I don't think you can do much about it unless it drags on for months.

He sold the car, dude. Later, QD.

yogi08
08-17-2008, 08:27 PM
She didnt sign the title, but our contract stats once the title is recieved by me, her name is going to be signed on it as the new owner of no extra charge.

yogi08
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
when i went through my deal i still had contact with the buyer he just couldnt find time to come up to warner robins from south florida. when i had finally had enough i told him to come get the car in a week or i was taking it to the junk yard and then i was gonna charge him storage fees for the last 6 months i was holding the car. 3 days later he showed up to get it. then bitched because the $500 parts car he bought was in rough shape. turns out he bought it with money from other ppl that he was selling parts to off of the parts car i sold him. so when he saw that it wasnt what he thought he was getting he was rather pissed..thats what he gets for trying to **** ppl over
how does this help me? none at all

quickdodgeŽ
08-17-2008, 08:30 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Green reps are flying overhead. Later, QD.

yogi08
08-17-2008, 08:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Green reps are flying overhead. Later, QD.
:goodjob: back at ya... DUCK AND COVER!!!

alpine_aw11
08-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Wow, she's not the brightest crayon in the box. If I bought a car I definitely wouldn't go out of touch before I even picked it up lol. Just talk to your attorney, but it's more than likely she's gonna turn up for it soon.

yogi08
08-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Tomorrow im going to see if maybe shes in jail or something I reckon. Id feel so much better if she really got to get the car but to be honest I wont refund her $2400 dollars, cause I had a few other buyers for the same price I told I sold it so now im going to be in a hole.

japan4racing
08-17-2008, 08:59 PM

hey **** bag if you had read the first post i made i was trying to help. this last post was to perhaps give you an idea of you may be up against. i was sharing my experience with you so you may be prepared for whats to come. :2up:

Echonova
08-17-2008, 09:47 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/legend.gif

tdurr
08-17-2008, 09:52 PM
^^^ ROFL