PDA

View Full Version : IA Photography Challenge #4 Results*PLEASE VOTE HERE*

CHADbee
08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
IF WE DONT GET MORE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS IM NOT GONA KEEP DOING IT.

this weeks subject was "your city"

the purpose was to show where you live or something that represents where you live....

vote please....

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/chadbee123/Random%20Photography/mcnarfairferrelwheelandlightcopy.jpg

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3079/cityofnorcrossrs5.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j291/preluderunner/photography/iacontest-2.jpg

japan4racing
08-17-2008, 07:31 PM
#1 thats a bad ass pic

bandydesign
08-17-2008, 08:55 PM
#1 gets my vote, I love long night shots! When I get some time I will definitely get involved.

slow_hatch
08-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Number 1 is sweet, if I have some extra time during the next one, i'd like to submit one :goodjob:

Dirty Octopus™
08-18-2008, 04:22 PM
i would have participated but i simply had NO clue what to take a picture of. and i thought of a sign like in pic 2 but this was like at 3pm yesterday. and i was no where near it till 10ish :(

SLOWLYbtngU
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
i would have participated but i simply had NO clue what to take a picture of. and i thought of a sign like in pic 2 but this was like at 3pm yesterday. and i was no where near it till 10ish :(
Doraville cop car.....lol...The one next to burger king. DUH!!!!

87 Turbo II
08-18-2008, 10:11 PM
I just oved so I didn't know which place to represent lol.

Nerdsrock22
08-19-2008, 09:19 AM
I vote number one, definetely a cool idea.

Well executed.

Dirty Octopus™
08-19-2008, 11:54 AM
but where does he live? :thinking:

james
08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
the guy that posted #1 is a carnival worker? guys, its a nice photograph, but simply does not represent anything about the city he lives in. I didnt submit one for this week, so don't think im just bashing on him. It would be a great contender in a "long exposure" contest, but it does not get my vote for this week.

CHADbee
08-19-2008, 12:46 PM
the guy that posted #1 is a carnival worker? guys, its a nice photograph, but simply does not represent anything about the city he lives in. I didnt submit one for this week, so don't think im just bashing on him. It would be a great contender in a "long exposure" contest, but it does not get my vote for this week.
I was hoping somebody would ask...if you grew up in conyers GA you know about the once a year McNair fair that comes to town that every kid cries till their parents take them there.

its been coming here once a year, every year in salem gate shopping center since i was born in 1982....and most likely longer.

it repersents Conyers, Ga very well.

james
08-19-2008, 12:49 PM
it repersents Conyers, Ga very well.

it represents anytown, usa

CHADbee
08-19-2008, 01:23 PM
it represents anytown, usa
McNair fair is something every kid in CONYERS grew up around. thats what i picked for conyers because everybody in this area has fond childhood memories of going to that fair every year, year in, year out.

thats what i picked to shoot and it DOES go with the subject.

SLOWLYbtngU
08-19-2008, 01:38 PM
McNair fair is something every kid in CONYERS grew up around. thats what i picked for conyers because everybody in this area has fond childhood memories of going to that fair every year, year in, year out.

thats what i picked to shoot and it DOES go with the subject.
Oh ok, now that you say what it was I understand. I guess like a flyer or a ticket stub or iunno something with the name of the fair would have helped. I get what everyone is saying. Just like the patriot c0ck....I didnt know where that was from either. I guess like a pic bio would have helped a bit for this...:dunno:

Dirty Octopus™
08-19-2008, 01:50 PM
iono Chad... i LOVE your work but...
i kinda dont feel that your picture made it known where you live. folks in Columbus, Augusta, or Athens that frequent the site won't have a clue where that is, so we're all going off of... "Oooo thats a cool picture! :yes:" and the picture was supposed to represent a "city", which you say it does and thats cool, but we have fairs and carnivals and what nots in Doraville too. :o

i was thinking more along the lines of say... a green hwy sign or a "Welcome To Gainesville sign" or a KNOWN landmark

ie Stone Mountain or... Lake Lanier Waterpark or The Big Chicken or something silly like that.

but iono im just an amateur that didnt get to participate... :headslap:

james
08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
iono Chad... i LOVE your work but...
i kinda dont feel that your picture made it known where you live. folks in Columbus, Augusta, or Athens that frequent the site won't have a clue where that is, so we're all going off of... "Oooo thats a cool picture! :yes:" and the picture was supposed to represent a "city", which you say it does and thats cool, but we have fairs and carnivals and what nots in Doraville too. :o

i was thinking more along the lines of say... a green hwy sign or a "Welcome To Gainesville sign" or a KNOWN landmark

ie Stone Mountain or... Lake Lanier Waterpark or The Big Chicken or something silly like that.

but iono im just an amateur that didnt get to participate... :headslap:

I 100% agree. a traveling carnival is not a landmark recognizable to a certain town. most towns have them, but that picture could have been taken in miami florida for all we know.

I am not hating though, it is a nice picture.

CHADbee
08-19-2008, 03:12 PM

This weeks subject will be....

"where you live"

if you live in buckhead....show me buckhead. if you live in duluth...show me duluth. this can be anything you want, for example if you live in downtown you can submit a photo of the varsity sign, a bum sleeping on the sidewalk or a rooftop view of downtown. if you live in bumf*ck show me your old shut down gas station, a photo of a cow or whatever. just show me the city you live in how every you want to do it.

Dirty Octopus™
08-19-2008, 03:22 PM

This weeks subject will be....

"where you live"

if you live in buckhead....show me buckhead. if you live in duluth...show me duluth. this can be anything you want, for example if you live in downtown you can submit a photo of the varsity sign, a bum sleeping on the sidewalk or a rooftop view of downtown. if you live in bumf*ck show me your old shut down gas station, a photo of a cow or whatever. just show me the city you live in how every you want to do it.

hmmm.... :thinking:

since you put it that-a-way... it did seem kinda sorta too BROAD. thats probably why folks from the last one (such as myself) opted out. i know for my simple mind its too much to think of. ALL the options was just too much. i mean sure i thought of something at the LAST minute. but thats it.... it was the LAST minute.

oh wells... :dunno:

the best of luck for us in #5 :goodjob:

Arm&hammer
08-19-2008, 03:38 PM
number 1 is sick!

james
08-19-2008, 03:38 PM

exactly. a ferris wheel simply does NOT show where you are from.

CHADbee
08-19-2008, 04:13 PM
exactly. a ferris wheel simply does NOT show where you are from.
But a cow, an old gas station does or a bum does?

the subject was your town or something that is in your town....and that was in ferris wheel has been in my town every year for the past 30 years.

Brian*
08-19-2008, 04:18 PM
I like #2

james
08-19-2008, 04:35 PM
But a cow, an old gas station does or a bum does?

the subject was your town or something that is in your town....and that was in ferris wheel has been in my town every year for the past 30 years.

don't get your panties in a bunch. i just disagree with you thats all.

CHADbee
08-19-2008, 05:11 PM
don't get your panties in a bunch. i just disagree with you thats all.
they arent bunched at all....thongs dont get bunched :eek:

i was just saying according to the subject of the challenge my photo fits. i agree the subject was very broad like DO said but i did it that way way for a reason, all the other ones were very specific and i talked about a cow/bum/sign/ect...in this one.

DieselNuts
08-20-2008, 10:37 AM
I think photo 1 is the coolest picture, but I think photo 2 captures "represents where you live" better, there for, pic 2 gets my vote.