PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Best Paint job for the price

240sx_dreams
08-16-2008, 12:41 AM
hey guys i have a 1996 nissan 200sx se i am getting ready to put up for sale. It has a few little rust spots on the paint one more notably near the sunroof the paint has chipped off to a spot about as big as a half-dollar the rust is right in the middle about the size of a pea. I also have some chipping on the bumper. I just recently did some work to it. suspension, (new struts and shocks) new pads and rotors. What could you guys offer me in terms of advice for paint as in what or where i should get it done, if its worthwhile, or even if I should worry about it at all. i'll probably have the car until early 2010. Please let me know what you think. If any of you are interested in the car it has 136,000 miles, excellent driver extremely well taken care of. i will be posting pics soon. More importantly I am concerned about the paint let me know please. I have looked at sprayglo, and maaco, I am also looking at some of the certifiedfirst locations in atlanta. please write me back asap.

~Matt

Thighs
08-16-2008, 12:44 AM
rockstar motorsports. :goodjob:

SIIIIKKKKEEEEEEEE!!!

alpine_aw11
08-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Wait until Maaco has one of their sales and go get it painted for cheap as hell. People will say not to, but Maaco actually does guarantee their work, so even if they do **** it up(which is actually pretty rare in comparison to what people claim about them)you can take it back and get it fixed.

Atlblkz06
08-19-2008, 12:21 AM
I think Maaco will cost you about 400 on sale. Does that sound about right?

FasTech
08-19-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm not a pro.. But if you were closer I'd do it for you! I've painted 2 cars and several door, hood, rims, etc........ I'll be painting my car soon.

UpSideDownDesi
08-19-2008, 12:48 AM
i know some one who'll paint it better than OEM quality, but he does this on side. I got my GSR painted from him.....3k job done for lot less.

alpine_aw11
08-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I think Maaco will cost you about 400 on sale. Does that sound about right?

I've had people who got Maaco paint jobs that were perfect for 250. Granted those sales won't come along too often, but regardless you will save money there.