PDA

View Full Version : HID HELP!! DC GUYS!

vtecgsrguy
08-15-2008, 01:07 PM
hey guys.... i jus recently got some HID'S for my "DC" integra and was wondering if any of you have done this conversion? and where ya mounted ya ballast? and where? ive heard ya have to have a place to moun them where they dont touch metal??? help a brother out here? havent permantly mounted mine yet,jus put them in to see if they worked and they did! i jus wanna mounty them good before i f*ck'em up after not mounting them good!!! thanks for any help ya might have!!! :goodjob:

Atlblkz06
08-15-2008, 01:20 PM
I dont have any experience working with acuras, but I've done quite a few swaps.

I try to use zip ties to mount the ballast. If you're using glue pads, make sure you mount it on top of something so the weight doesn't pull off the ballast eventually.

The ballast is well shielded, but I think its a good idea to keep it away from metal to avoid any freak shorts.

Make sure you use good electrical tape to cover the 12V input and use those rubber boots if you can make them fit.

Can you get projectors for the Acura? HID + Projector = AWESOME results.

Regular bulbs reflect light because of bulb design and HIDs dont. If you put HIDs into a socket meant for regular bulbs, you will blind oncoming cars. Aiming will NOT help. Projectors will fix this.

vtecgsrguy
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
I dont have any experience working with acuras, but I've done quite a few swaps.

I try to use zip ties to mount the ballast. If you're using glue pads, make sure you mount it on top of something so the weight doesn't pull off the ballast eventually.

The ballast is well shielded, but I think its a good idea to keep it away from metal to avoid any freak shorts.

Make sure you use good electrical tape to cover the 12V input and use those rubber boots if you can make them fit.

Can you get projectors for the Acura? HID + Projector = AWESOME results.

Regular bulbs reflect light because of bulb design and HIDs dont. If you put HIDs into a socket meant for regular bulbs, you will blind oncoming cars. Aiming will NOT help. Projectors will fix this.
yeah there projectors!! they looked really good when i tested them!! im concerned about mounting the ballest now! i want to make a plate or something out of plastic maybe to mount them on??? just trying to get some sugestions or maybe pics from someone who has them????? thanks 4 ya help!!!

TypeRPersonality
08-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Just mount it anywhere so that it'll be stable. Under the front bumper or the sides of the engine bay. I never heard of anything about it shorting because of contact to metal. But make sure that it's stable and doesn't move around, otherwise it might flicker over bumps and such.

vtecgsrguy
08-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Just mount it anywhere so that it'll be stable. Under the front bumper or the sides of the engine bay. I never heard of anything about it shorting because of contact to metal. But make sure that it's stable and doesn't move around, otherwise it might flicker over bumps and such.
yeah.... they dont need to be touching metal! least thats what i was told by a couple people!.. it will short them out & it will cut off. and ive heard ya dont need to be touching them while there on. that the ballast will shock ya! :???: the guy i got mine from showed me his finger where he said they got him!!..lol..

Atlblkz06
08-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Umm yea, the ballast wont shock you. He either messed with the wires, or was dealing with a defective unit.

There is no problem with the ballast touching metal, but since cars are grounded to the metal, I'd rather no chance it. Besides, metal-metal can cause strange interactions when high voltages are involved.

Dont over-think it, but plan well.

JITB
08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
mount it anywhere dry and cool... ur making it harder than it is!

Captain-Obvious™
08-15-2008, 10:43 PM
yeah.... they dont need to be touching metal! least thats what i was told by a couple people!.. it will short them out & it will cut off. and ive heard ya dont need to be touching them while there on. that the ballast will shock ya! :???: the guy i got mine from showed me his finger where he said they got him!!..lol..

your dumb if you believed that...just mount them where they won't get wet and don't let them move around...they'll be fine...as long as you didn't buy a booty HID kit