PDA

View Full Version : Z06 vs. 2005 Viper (BLACK)

SilviaK93
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Well I went to a local hangout and there he was the local Buford cruiser. This guy has been dying to run me again since I beat him by a fender on our last run in. Apparently after I beat him he went and got a 3.73 gear installed at the local Dodge dealer. I was up for a run whether I lost or not so no big deal to me.

We go out and of course I made sure he had it in performance mode before we ran, and of course he invited a passenger so he could be cool beating up on a lil V8!:( So we go out and he wants to run it from 60-???

We line up and I give the honks 1...2....3.....gas and he walks me like no tomorrow. He pulled an easy 2-2.5 cars by the time I was getting into 4th. His passenger puts his arms up in victory and I am sure the driver was just smiling from ear to ear. I put it in 4th and just let off as I stood no chance!

Oh well guess I lost once again to a car with more hp and not much weight difference.:rolleyes: To all those that think he cant drive "very" well........well I guess he can drive it "somewhat" good now cause he definately blew me away with no chance of catching him. I would have to say that is to much car for him as when he shifted into 4th I could see the rear end get alittle loose from all the tq.

:(

RotiEatter
08-29-2005, 12:44 PM
Oh well guess I lost once again to a car with more hp and not much weight difference.:rolleyes:

Is that your ricer excuse or did you just feel like stating the obvious?

When 2 cars race, one has to have more power or be much lighter. I always thought that was a given....

Batman
08-29-2005, 12:48 PM
I thought you won?

SilviaK93
08-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Is that your ricer excuse or did you just feel like stating the obvious?

When 2 cars race, one has to have more power or be much lighter. I always thought that was a given....

No that's not my excuse unlike "real ricers" I dont make excuses. I was just making a simple statement; the obvious as you stated.

tony
08-29-2005, 01:57 PM
maybe it was the performance mode that made the difference? lol j/k.. he had to go and get new gears to beat you.. wonder how much that cost him.

AznTraitor
08-29-2005, 02:06 PM
well marshall....go hook the laughing gas up, and suprise him next weeked :D

Wedge
08-29-2005, 04:21 PM
what about the last race where you beat the ever living dog piss out of him? and i am sorry about chris and his loud mouth.. he got on my nerves so bad, i just had to leave.. he is just a really sore loser

*that was me in the passenger seat* and yes i get excited..

AznTraitor
08-29-2005, 04:32 PM
what about the last race where you beat the ever living dog piss out of him? and i am sorry about chris and his loud mouth.. he got on my nerves so bad, i just had to leave.. he is just a really sore loser

*that was me in the passenger seat* and yes i get excited..

^^ do you have a car?

sounds like you do alot of shotgun riding.

Wedge
08-29-2005, 05:30 PM
umm.. yes i have a car.. actually i have two and a half

Speedm0(\)key
08-29-2005, 06:12 PM
hmmm... smells like bullshit to me dude.. that is of course if you were the same z06 that raced him in gwinnett this saturday.

HiPSI
08-29-2005, 06:15 PM
hmmm... smells like bullshit to me dude.. that is of course if you were the same z06 that raced him in gwinnett this saturday.

what smells like BS? the race or dude owning a car?

Speedm0(\)key
08-29-2005, 07:41 PM
what smells like BS? the race or dude owning a car?

him losing to the viper. from someone who followed the Z06 won

AznTraitor
08-29-2005, 08:27 PM
him losing to the viper. from someone who followed the Z06 won

well Marshall posted it up on his free will, and "wedge" the passenger and friend of this viper fella, raised his hands in glee as they won.

Speedm0(\)key
08-29-2005, 08:58 PM
sounds to me like a ct9a gsr trap hahaha

VIPERGUY
08-29-2005, 09:08 PM
stock viper rear is 3.09, going to a 3.55 or 3.73 = big diff

now you got me wanting to do it

ct9a gsr
08-29-2005, 09:46 PM
No need to trap me... heh, I even waited on Pleasant Hill all day/night this past Friday expecting to see Marshall. =]

Nice race, any idea when the Viper got that gear installed (before or after I raced him)?

Speedm0(\)key
08-29-2005, 09:58 PM
No need to trap me... heh, I even waited on Pleasant Hill all day/night this past Friday expecting to see Marshall. =]

Nice race, any idea when the Viper got that gear installed (before or after I raced him)?

you got him with it on, he's had it for more than a week i beleive.

Wedge
08-30-2005, 07:40 AM
ok here is the story..

chris came up to me and said that he was about to race the zo6 and wanted to know if i wanted a ride.. i figured why not..

so off we go on 85 for the first race..

vette pulls up next to us and honks 3 times, chris in 3rd gear at ~2800 rpms and lets the z06 get a big ass jump.. he eventually starts to pull back by now the z has 2+ cars.. the z06 shuts down about when we start to overtake

next race, i tell chris to put the damn car in 2nd and to make sure he doesn't let him have the jump.. we take off, z06 jumps out in front and chris misses 3rd.. away goes the z

next race, same thing chris missed 3rd but this time he finally finds it and thinks he is going to run him down even though he is 3 cars on us.. i tell him to shut it down, it's just going to make you look bad..

so we go to turn around at an ext and get caught at the light behind him..

chris looks over at me and says "why does he keep honking"
i was like, you got to be kidding me.. I say your suppose to start on the third honk.. and tell him don't even wait until the end of the honk.. as soon as you hear it give it all she has.. he then puts in neutral and starts to rev his engine.. i hate this.. i ask what the hell he thinks he is doing, he then says.. "well i just don't think it is .." i cut him off by saying "no, don't say performance mode.." "it's in performance mode, it's a viper, your car can beat his, just make sure to get a good jump, hit every gear, and you should win"

so off we go again back up 85..

3 honks, and both cars take off at exact same time, and chris pulls ahead, really hard.. goes all the way from 2nd to 5th and the z was many cars back.. when i put my hands up..

last race.. lined up, 3 honks, and both cars again take off just like the last race, dead perfect.. thinking chris got him again, the z charges ahead out of nowhere, putting 4+ cars on us before we shut down.. beat the shit of the poor viper and chris did nothing wrong..

so then the bs starts.. i told chris to shut up and technically he won once and lost 4 times.. we pull up back in parking lot and the z06 purges his nitrous.. i say.. oh that explains the last race..

we get out and of coarse the excuses fly.. "i can take steriods too" "nitrous is cheating" blah blah.. i told him to shut up and mod his car.. and asked him why do you think he wanted to race.. he should of known.. he got really loud and annoying talking loud enough where everyone could hear him, and even interrupting conversations i was having with other people.. marshall looked pissed so i was like screw it.. so i left.. i heard people up there get shot anyways.. so we (friend from work and i) got out of there..

so yes.. in my book the viper = 1, the z06 = 4 that night.. a chase is a race, and you run what you brung..

wanted to also to appologize to marshall if he is pissed at me for anything (i wasn't trying to rub it in with the hands up, i just like going fast, my head usually goes out the window)

Wedge
08-30-2005, 07:45 AM

you raced him before the z the first time right? i think it was before, he hasn't raced to many with it

Repost Squintz
08-30-2005, 09:24 AM
so the performance mode kicked in???

Wedge
08-30-2005, 09:55 AM
so the performance mode kicked in???

yeah, he turned the switch off the last race as you can see

Ruiner
08-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah, the gears are an amazing thing.

ct9a gsr
08-30-2005, 12:07 PM
you raced him before the z the first time right? i think it was before, he hasn't raced to many with it

I raced him two weekends ago, a week or two after Marshall first raced him.

ct9a gsr
08-30-2005, 12:10 PM
we pull up back in parking lot and the z06 purges his nitrous.. i say.. oh that explains the last race..

*ding ding ding* - we have a winner!

Now I understand why Marshall's sooooo enthusiastic to race me... had a lil suprise for me, eh?

I'm sure you'd tear me apart with that bottle, Marhsall... no need to hide it. =]

SilviaK93
08-30-2005, 01:33 PM
*ding ding ding* - we have a winner!

Now I understand why Marshall's sooooo enthusiastic to race me... had a lil suprise for me, eh?

I'm sure you'd tear me apart with that bottle, Marhsall... no need to hide it. =]

Why do you think I asked for two races.........BB'ing and NO BB'ing....;)

SilviaK93
08-30-2005, 01:40 PM
OK OK OK............so the passenger above wrote an entire book and blew my cover. No big deal.....yes I beat the piss out of the Viper 4 out of 5 times and yes the car has the bottle on it. Shot you ask...........well don't ask and everyone can speculate all they want to. Only three people know the true facts and nobody "really" knows the numbers it makes ;)!

FYI in the 4 races I won.......I only sprayed in third and would basically let off in fourth as he had no real chance. That is how he "thought" he was catching me:cool:. I am currently working out some bugs with the spray in fourth, it starts to break up as if the computer is freaking out trying to adjust the mixture or something.

Oh and for the fourth race- one where he beat me- I ran all motor no bottle. I heard him revving his motor at the light and knew he was putting it "in performance mode" so I let him have that one. Of course I had to get the last laugh of four cars............oh yeah I started in third each time compared to his second gear pull..........guess it would be real ugly from my second gear pull then!:D

SilviaK93
08-30-2005, 01:47 PM
And no this post was not intented to trap ct9a. I posted this before I even saw the video of them racing. Just to clear any misconceptions anyone might have.

AznTraitor
08-30-2005, 03:26 PM
well marshall....go hook the laughing gas up, and suprise him next weeked :D

HA! I knew it.....

SilviaK93
08-30-2005, 05:09 PM
HA! I knew it.....

I had it that last time we raced before he had the gear. I beat him on motor then by a fender with his old gear setup. I had it armed in case he pulled hard, BUT I really wanted to see what I could do on just motor.

AznTraitor
08-30-2005, 05:32 PM
I had it that last time we raced before he had the gear. I beat him on motor then by a fender with his old gear setup. I had it armed in case he pulled hard, BUT I really wanted to see what I could do on just motor.

lol man...I aint hatin on you....

never bring a knife to a gunfight...

and if anyone ever says nitrous is cheating is a pure moron....it's not my fault your ass didnt expect it.

you race to win....so if it helps you to win....then there's no cheating about it.

Wedge
08-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Some people say it is cheating. I say it is smart, possibly the best hp to dollar mod out there. Good race.

SilviaK93
08-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Some people say it is cheating. I say it is smart, possibly the best hp to dollar mod out there. Good race.

by far....wedge can vouch for the difference it really makes with the Z06. I was down 2-2.5 cars with no bottle and on bottle I was up 3-4 cars each time. That is a total of 5-6 cars difference; damn worth it in my opinion.

Although I really need to work out my little bug with it in fourth. Doesnt run right once out of third so I have to let off of it. Hope to resolve very soon.:D

Wedge
08-31-2005, 03:51 PM
by far....wedge can vouch for the difference it really makes with the Z06. I was down 2-2.5 cars with no bottle and on bottle I was up 3-4 cars each time. That is a total of 5-6 cars difference; damn worth it in my opinion.

Although I really need to work out my little bug with it in fourth. Doesnt run right once out of third so I have to let off of it. Hope to resolve very soon.:D

there is nothing like the feeling of being pinned by the torque of a viper and seeing (and hearing) a z06 walk off and leave you.. haha.. that was great

Speedm0(\)key
08-31-2005, 07:41 PM
weird... i didnt now stock Z06's came with nitrous and all that other cool stuff
i might go get one