PDA

View Full Version : General Chat HONDA's

RL...
08-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm not hating on Honda's, but don't you guys get tired of modding the same car as 95% of other tuners? And don't you get tired of owning the most played out car ever, the Honda civic? And don't you hate worrying about whether or not you car's going to get stolen every time you go to the mall of ga? :thinking:

I know this is going to piss people off, but I'm not trying to talk ****, I just had to throw this out there.......:2cents:

Maybe it's just me...:cheers:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mafia's Si
08-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm not hating on Honda's, but don't you guys get tired of modding the same car as 95% of other tuners? And don't you get tired of owning the most played out car ever, the Honda civic? And don't you hate worrying about whether or not you car's going to get stolen every time you go to the mall of ga? :thinking:

I know this is going to piss people off, but I'm not trying to talk ****, I just had to throw this out there.......:2cents:

You gotta add that you were only talking about 2005 and older hondas. I love the 2006+

The BUCKY
08-14-2008, 03:27 PM
nope dont bother me

OneSlow5pt0
08-14-2008, 03:30 PM
eh just like all mustangs have same thing,lol

cobra Rs,X-pipe,flow masters =]

boosted b
08-14-2008, 03:31 PM
like nissans and other cars don't get stolen

cactusEG
08-14-2008, 03:32 PM
honda will never get played out !

Sammich
08-14-2008, 03:34 PM
like nissans and other cars don't get stolen

yea but i feel better pulling up in a maxima at the mall of GA than w/ a civic lol

its truth man u cant deny that fact...even though i worry bout my other cars getting stolen...i dont have that big of a fear as when i have a honda

Nerdsrock22
08-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Could all of the Fit drivers of IA raise their hands?

:fruit:

Captain-Obvious™
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
as if 240s aren't played out as sh.it...

I just get my GF to drive to the Mall...

boosted b
08-14-2008, 03:44 PM
if a thief wants a car they will take anything not just a honda but most of the honda's gettin stolen don't have alarms.

and most hondas really can not just thinking they can

yea but i feel better pulling up in a maxima at the mall of GA than w/ a civic lol

its truth man u cant deny that fact...even though i worry bout my other cars getting stolen...i dont have that big of a fear as when i have a honda

ythao7984
08-14-2008, 03:45 PM
nope dont get tired at all. powered by honda

JITB
08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
honest truth only reason i have never owned a dc teg, is because i wouldnt want it to get stolen...lol i always wanted one...:(

C-loS109
08-14-2008, 05:15 PM

and why exactly do u care? i mean if u dont like them well whoooptiefuockingdoo. dont buy one and ur never going to worry about it.

Benefit
08-14-2008, 05:54 PM
lol once you get past stereotyping them...you will see that they really are great cars...

OneSlow5pt0
08-14-2008, 06:01 PM
lol once you get past stereotyping them...you will see that they really are great cars...

but that goes for almost all cars people mod

VooDooXII
08-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Well...I drive a SAAB.

xlilvi3tx
08-14-2008, 06:19 PM
doesnt bother me. its ok, nissans are the new honda anyways.

eYezs1ck
08-14-2008, 11:58 PM
i will never get tired of vtec.

Motivation
08-15-2008, 12:04 AM
i will never get tired of vtec.

you'll get tired waiting for it to kick in though. lol :taun:

BABY J
08-15-2008, 12:33 AM

95% of other tuners? Show me where you get your numbers from.

I'm thinking that the most played out car EVER is not the Civic, it wasn't really modded extensively until the 1988 year models. Mustang maybe?

Any modded vehicle can be stolen - however, it is definitely Hondas "day" as far as thefts go (sadly). Most of the thefts I see can be prevented, it's just people that want to look good 1st and care about security 2nd. And honestly yes it does suck to have one of the most complete EG hatches in the metro and it's been sitting in Griffin in storage for over 2 years. In my case that's bc i have moved on to modding my other projects, NOT b/c I think my hatch will get lifted - it WILL take a tow-rig to get my EG home if I take it out - no doubt about it.

ANY car that sticks out w/ wheels/electronics will catch the eye of a thief, and any car can get taken... not just H badge stuff.

But congrats on a semi-retarded thread.

ACCORDPRIDE
08-15-2008, 12:39 AM
another reason i love my "grocery getter"
and my two cents is that the most played out is prolly gonna be a mustang or camaro
but thats just me

40th GT
08-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Everyone loves his/her own brand, and in SOME cases they'd look down on other brands.

IMO, no car is played out b/c manufacturers make variations of the same car (if that car is 'hot') to keep things interesting.

J-ROCK
08-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Everyone loves his/her own brand, and in SOME cases they'd look down on other brands.

IMO, no car is played out b/c manufacturers make variations of the same car (if that car is 'hot') to keep things interesting.

im with you on this one! lol

40th GT
08-15-2008, 12:55 AM
im with you on this one! lol
:cheers:

eYezs1ck
08-15-2008, 12:57 AM

im only half way there after vtec kicks in:ninja:

OneSlow5pt0
08-15-2008, 02:29 AM
another reason i love my "grocery getter"
and my two cents is that the most played out is prolly gonna be a mustang or camaro
but thats just me

really?

thats why me and u are like only people we hangout with,that dont have civics

Dirty Octopus™
08-15-2008, 08:20 AM

even though i have other vehicles i can drive to go to the movies in im not afraid to drive my Honda... because i have security measures.

in a sense i think you are hating on Hondas? :thinking:
if you owned a honda as opposed to a silly practically unmoddable Maxima you'd understand how fun they are :goodjob:

and that percentage you came up with is rather crazy :screwy:
there are tons of 240s runnin the streets, gangs of VW's (which had their time for most stolen car of the year), and a bunch of Toyota's roaming around. think about how many folks jumped on the AE86 bandwagon after Initial D dropped! :eek:

i think too many people have something against Honda's. for what reason? i havent a clue :dunno:
prally cuz Honda owners love their Hondas

Sammich
08-15-2008, 08:25 AM
if a thief wants a car they will take anything not just a honda but most of the honda's gettin stolen don't have alarms.

and most hondas really can not just thinking they can

u act liek i dont know that. i'm saying you park a sexima and a seggy EG or DCexy beside each other and see which one will get snatched the quickest...

honest truth only reason i have never owned a dc teg, is because i wouldnt want it to get stolen...lol i always wanted one...:(

which is why..of all the chances i have/had to get another DC/DB i havent gotten another

Sammich
08-15-2008, 08:26 AM
even though i have other vehicles i can drive to go to the movies in im not afraid to drive my Honda... because i have security measures.

in a sense i think you are hating on Hondas? :thinking:
if you owned a honda as opposed to a silly practically unmoddable Maxima you'd understand how fun they are :goodjob:

and that percentage you came up with is rather crazy :screwy:
there are tons of 240s runnin the streets, gangs of VW's (which had their time for most stolen car of the year), and a bunch of Toyota's roaming around. think about how many folks jumped on the AE86 bandwagon after Initial D dropped! :eek:

i think too many people have something against Honda's. for what reason? i havent a clue :dunno:
prally cuz Honda owners love their Hondas

i'd like to disagree w/the aforementioned bolded statment...i thought the same as u til i went on maxima.org and saw all the possibilities of modding (about the same as a civic) just cost a helluva lot more:(

Dirty Octopus™
08-15-2008, 08:28 AM
i'd like to disagree w/the aforementioned bolded statment...i thought the same as u til i went on maxima.org and saw all the possibilities of modding (about the same as a civic) just cost a helluva lot more:(
well you got meh there brother :goodjob:
but you and i both know the Honda aftermarket is RIDICULOUS! :crazy:

Sammich
08-15-2008, 08:32 AM
well you got meh there brother :goodjob:
but you and i both know the Honda aftermarket is RIDICULOUS! :crazy:

tr00f
lol

DESTRO_91
08-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Honda, Civics in particular are the cornerstone of the whole import tuner movement. They will probably be around until...

Dirty Octopus™
08-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Honda, Civics in particular are the cornerstone of the whole import tuner movement. They will probably be around until...
well.... i kinda disagree.... didnt Hondas really become poppin in the mid 90s?
didnt VW, Toyota's, Mazda's & Nissans run things? :thinking:

Sammich
08-15-2008, 08:38 AM
i personal would like to say the eclipse is what really did it

DESTRO_91
08-15-2008, 08:40 AM
well.... i kinda disagree.... didnt Hondas really become poppin in the mid 90s?
didnt VW, Toyota's, Mazda's & Nissans run things? :thinking:
The scene didn't explode until young cats out of Cali started tuning civics. Back then (early 90's), it was pretty much older guys and the aftermarket industry was virtually nonexistent.

Sammich
08-15-2008, 08:43 AM
everything started on the west coast...even fags

Dirty Octopus™
08-15-2008, 08:54 AM
everything started on the west coast...even fagsyeah. but civilization as whole started here in the EAST :D
we gave them fire and the wheel! :lmfao:

Sammich
08-15-2008, 08:56 AM
yeah. but civilization as whole started here in the EAST :D
we gave them fire and the wheel! :lmfao:

we let them keep Game too:lmfao:

Dirty Octopus™
08-15-2008, 09:05 AM
we let them keep Game too:lmfao:
bwahahahahaha!:lmfao:

FlipKing
08-15-2008, 09:07 AM
doesnt bother me. its ok, nissans are the new honda anyways.

LOL, really? Please in your town, or mine, Find 5 B13 Sentra SE-Rs to line up in a row? I cant do it and Im betting you cant. SE-Rs ftmfw :D

Total_Blender
08-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Why do people steal Hondas? If I'm gonna steal a car, I'm probably going to grab something with enough power to get away from the cops like a Mustang or something, but thats just me :crazy:

Nerdsrock22
08-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Why do people steal Hondas? If I'm gonna steal a car, I'm probably going to grab something with enough power to get away from the cops like a Mustang or something, but thats just me :crazy:

:umno:

eYezs1ck
08-15-2008, 09:21 AM

:lmfao: u just made a fool outta yourself. reason why people steal hondas are they are in demand in parts and they tend to be a little easier to steal

BABY J
08-15-2008, 10:37 AM
:goodjob:

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59472

Very true. Many-a automotive journalist have made that statement in many-a respected automotive magazines.

DeeAOne
08-15-2008, 10:47 AM
there are only 2 first gens in warner robins(that have seen), and they are both stock, auto, AND coupe. so i dont feel too played out. lol :goodjob:

Thighs
08-15-2008, 10:52 AM
**** everybody who hates on any other car. you are ALL ****tards. thank you

Zeeb
08-15-2008, 11:12 AM
I have a unique honda :D

92mr2T
08-15-2008, 11:31 AM
My civic with 35mpg is all Im concerned with. I don't care who made it. Cheap and reliable. Honda pretty much have the most fuel efficient vehicles.

OneSlow5pt0
08-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I have a unique honda :D

no u have a miata with vtak:D

FRYLOCK
08-15-2008, 12:34 PM
dont bother me

Zeeb
08-15-2008, 12:48 PM

What ever! The S is WAAAY better looking than a fiata

ash7
08-15-2008, 01:14 PM
the Honda "following" is so large because it's constantly being "refreshed" with new guys who are just getting their first cars. Some of them move on to other things, but a lot of that crowd stick with the H badge (if for nothing else, a DD) because they're so cheap and reliable, even after they've been modded.

-jonathan

OneSlow5pt0
08-15-2008, 05:14 PM
What ever! The S is WAAAY better looking than a fiata

lol,well i like the fiata and MR-S more :tongue1:

Type-R
08-15-2008, 05:25 PM

We should all just quit while we're ahead and buy KIA's then. Civic's are no better then 240's and 180's, there's a plethora of them every where you go. That's just how things are when the majority of the scene concists of people who have tight budgets and little income. Not everyone can be a baller and get something rare

alpine_aw11
08-15-2008, 07:50 PM
When is **** like this going to stop?

Terror
08-15-2008, 09:34 PM

This is a truly ignorant statement, you ARE hating on hondas so dont say you arent. Any car can be played out mr "nissanTun3r" take a look at your beloved 240's and all the "mad tyte drifting" fad. Thats as played out as it gets.though civics and most other hondas have been modded over and over there is always something new and different. Get off your high horse you sound like a tool :gay: . your no better than anyone else, you drive a maxima.

Terror
08-15-2008, 09:35 PM
When is **** like this going to stop?

probabley never lolz

qtrmile
08-16-2008, 01:41 AM
The first post has a point, and stated some facts. But it doesn't make A honda less. Its just one opinion, Honda's are great cars, that's why it hit the market good. So what if yours "model isn't unique", you can make it different by the way you modify it though. it's just based on a aman's perception.

jmar32
08-16-2008, 10:06 PM

nope but the great thing is we can get great mpg and still out run you haha thats what makes vtec a ground breaking tech. and you can adjust when it kicks in :D

u act liek i dont know that. i'm saying you park a sexima and a seggy EG or DCexy beside each other and see which one will get snatched the quickest...

wow you sound stupid talking like that

which is why..of all the chances i have/had to get another DC/DB i havent gotten another[/QUOTE]

more for us that know what to do with it and we would rather you not join the family

you were wishing it was like that :D
even this ppl realized the honda drivetrain is better
http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/HOT%20STAFF%20Part%20II%20-%20S2000%20Motor.htm
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/w650gb500/miata/
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0712_impp_project_s13k_f20c_powered_nissan_240sx/index.html
you will soon realize haha did mean to still the thread

OneSlow5pt0
08-16-2008, 10:33 PM
nope but the great thing is we can get great mpg and still out run you haha thats what makes vtec a ground breaking tech. and you can adjust when it kicks in :D

which is why..of all the chances i have/had to get another DC/DB i havent gotten another

more for us that know what to do with it and we would rather you not join the family

you were wishing it was like that :D
even this ppl realized the honda drivetrain is better
http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/HOT%20STAFF%20Part%20II%20-%20S2000%20Motor.htm
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/w650gb500/miata/
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0712_impp_project_s13k_f20c_powered_nissan_240sx/index.html
you will soon realize haha did mean to still the thread[/QUOTE]

yea,i agree hondas are good cars............but im a mazda guy:D

EJ25RUN
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM

yes, because tuning Nissans makes you that much more unique :rolleyes:

Try being a Korean car builder or even one of 4cyl American cars i.e. not SRT4 and Cobalt ss.

90_ACCORD
08-16-2008, 11:27 PM
yeah i definitly have no problem with it. even tho i go accord not civic
but the 240 is to nissan what the civic is to honda
240 gets played out like ****. everyone wants a 240 now and days.
hell even when i was buying my current car i was looking for a 240 but ended up getting the accord

Motivation
08-16-2008, 11:44 PM

who is you? lol I have a honda too. :tongue1: and a nissan... and a mitsubishi... I think I might just be confused. lol

my honda gets... errr... got 35mpg... my se-r gets 29. my eclipse gets 21... so I can still get good mpg... but I still can't out run anything :cry:... lol

alpine_aw11
08-17-2008, 01:54 AM

I bet this guy's honda is slow as hell.

Paree4g63
08-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Why there are so many Honda's?
*VTEC!
*Saves gas
*Ease of modifying it & tuning it.
*Cheap cars
*One of the best selling cars around and the technology is increasing.
*Honda's last hella long.
*So many different motors & routes you can choose from when buying a certain Honda.

For all the Honda owners; get a bad ass alarm!

Only Honda's I'd get would be a s2k...or a mean looking EK

boosted b
08-17-2008, 01:17 PM
it all just boils down to have a good alarm first then start modding the car just my 2 cents

ATL_EG
08-17-2008, 01:38 PM
my eg has been stolen and stripped, broken into multiple times all before i bought an alarm

$100 fixed that problem, and it hasn't been touched since (knocks on wood)

lurkerx2
08-17-2008, 06:52 PM
tuna fish..not a honda.
lol.

jmar32
08-17-2008, 08:01 PM
yea,i agree hondas are good cars............but im a mazda guy:D
im just playing with yall. i like other makers but i think honda puts more pride and thought into there product. which is one reason why some many things crossover between the models. HypnoToa the car looks good.

I bet this guy's honda is slow as hell.
naw but i bet you drive an auto :gay:

who is you? lol I have a honda too. :tongue1: and a nissan... and a mitsubishi... I think I might just be confused. lol

wow who is you lol nice.

:cry:... lol

thats your own falt lol

alpine_aw11
08-17-2008, 08:18 PM
No I do not drive an auto thank you very much.

RL...
08-17-2008, 08:44 PM
LOL I have started chaos. Don't get me wrong people, I have respect for all makes. But everyone has to admit that VTEC sucks. It simply sucks. PERIOD. Before I bought my max I wanted a civic si to start modding. But after driving one, I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I could never own a 4 cylinder car unless it was turboed. And I never bought my maxima to go fast, I just think it looks good and it's a little quick. I'm not saying my car is fast, it is not. Honda's are great cars, they're cheap, reliable, and can be fast. But so are Toyota's and Nissan's. :cheers:

90_ACCORD
08-17-2008, 08:46 PM
LOL I have started chaos. Don't get me wrong people, I have respect for all makes. But everyone has to admit that VTEC sucks. It simply sucks. PERIOD. Before I bought my max I wanted a civic si to start modding. But after driving one, I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I could never own a 4 cylinder car unless it was turboed. And I never bought my maxima to go fast, I just think it looks good and it's a little quick. I'm not saying my car is fast, it is not. Honda's are great cars, they're cheap, reliable, and can be fast.

i have to agree with you there maxima's do look really nice. i wanted to get on after i got over the 240's but just couldnt afford one. although my uncle has one and it looks great. they would be even better if they had the gas miliage of a honda tho.:D

RL...
08-17-2008, 08:49 PM
i have to agree with you there maxima's do look really nice. i wanted to get on after i got over the 240's but just couldnt afford one. although my uncle has one and it looks great. they would be even better if they had the gas miliage of a honda tho.:D

I plead the 5th...:D

Paree4g63
08-17-2008, 08:51 PM
LOL I have started chaos. Don't get me wrong people, I have respect for all makes. But everyone has to admit that VTEC sucks. It simply sucks. PERIOD. Before I bought my max I wanted a civic si to start modding. But after driving one, I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I could never own a 4 cylinder car unless it was turboed. And I never bought my maxima to go fast, I just think it looks good and it's a little quick. I'm not saying my car is fast, it is not. Honda's are great cars, they're cheap, reliable, and can be fast.

Before I bought my max I wanted a civic si to start modding. But after driving one, I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I could never own a 4 cylinder car unless it was turboed

No stock Honda Civics are fast, purpose of having one is to mod one to make it fast. Look at future tuning potential, not by just driving it and saying it's slow.
Anyways..
hmm, have you ever been pulled by a N/A Honda owner with a vtec engine with close to or over 200whp? That'll change your mind about vtec owners once you've experienced one in person. For the ricers who own vtec motors who are 95% stock; Yea, I understand your view point but 200whp is a big step on a Honda car. :goodjob: You won't feel the power like a turbocharged car would give you but you are seriously hauling ass though. ;) Just my 2cents

RL...
08-17-2008, 09:00 PM
hmm, have you ever been pulled by a N/A Honda owner with a vtec engine with close to or over 200whp? That'll change your mind about vtec owners once you've experienced one in person. For the ricers who own vtec motors who are 95% stock; Yea, I understand your view point but 200whp is a big step on a Honda car. :goodjob: You won't feel the power like a turbocharged car would give you but you are seriously hauling ass though. ;) Just my 2cents

That's very true, that would be fast. But I've never lost to a non-turboed honda. I even beat a boosted teg the other day, on the highway no less! But if you want to go the all motor route, get a v-8. A built all motor stang would be SOOO much more fun than an all motor rsx.

Paree4g63
08-17-2008, 09:05 PM
That's very true, that would be fast. But I've never lost to a non-turboed honda. I even beat a boosted teg the other day, on the highway no less! But if you want to go the all motor route, get a v-8. A built all motor stang would be SOOO much more fun than an all motor rsx.

all motor rsx's are not that fast unless you go k-pro and do it all right from the start. I've got relatives that own N/A honda's that run low 13's and can perform better if they change their chassis to a EG or get bigger cams. What you runnin bud and how fast is it? Turbo Integras are not that fast unless he's puttin out big whp numbers. :goodjob:

jmar32
08-17-2008, 09:48 PM
NissanTun3r are you just trying to stay that ur tired of the ricers cause so are all the ppl on here? but just because u have a honda doesnt make u a ricer. its what you do to it that does. like the body kits neons stupid wings and so on.

Motivation
08-17-2008, 09:50 PM
all motor rsx's are not that fast unless you go k-pro and do it all right from the start. I've got relatives that own N/A honda's that run low 13's and can perform better if they change their chassis to a EG or get bigger cams. What you runnin bud and how fast is it? Turbo Integras are not that fast unless he's puttin out big whp numbers. :goodjob:

umm... well I guess there is no way around that statement. lol

BABY J
08-17-2008, 10:37 PM
LOL I have started chaos. Don't get me wrong people, I have respect for all makes. But everyone has to admit that VTEC sucks. It simply sucks. PERIOD. Before I bought my max I wanted a civic si to start modding. But after driving one, I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I could never own a 4 cylinder car unless it was turboed. And I never bought my maxima to go fast, I just think it looks good and it's a little quick. I'm not saying my car is fast, it is not. Honda's are great cars, they're cheap, reliable, and can be fast. But so are Toyota's and Nissan's. :cheers:

Please tell me why VTEC sucks.

OneSlow5pt0
08-17-2008, 11:15 PM

idk but vtak rocks

Motivation
08-17-2008, 11:17 PM
V-tech sucks too...

stupid phones...

alpine_aw11
08-17-2008, 11:23 PM

It doesn't suck, it's just a buzzkill to have an engine that can't do **** until you hit 5k.

Motivation
08-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I think dieselnuts had the best sig... lol

something along the lines of... Vtec is like waiting for really bad sex...

(i'm not saying vtec is bad, but I think it is a little over-rated and people get their hopes up and it disappoints them when they test drive it. Most ppl get the idea that a stock engine with vtec throws them back in the seat when it hits... just my .02)

alpine_aw11
08-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I think dieselnuts had the best sig... lol

something along the lines of... Vtec is like waiting for really bad sex...

(i'm not saying vtec is bad, but I think it is a little over-rated and people get their hopes up and it disappoints them when they test drive it. Most ppl get the idea that a stock engine with vtec throws them back in the seat when it hits... just my .02)

Exactly, vtec is so overrated. It's cool and all, but everyone forgets that the engine is completely gutless before it hits, and even when it does it's still slow. 95% of the Hondas on here are slow as balls, they're just fun to drive.

Sammich
08-18-2008, 10:04 AM

LIRL @ your retardism...gtfo----------------------------->

Motivation
08-18-2008, 10:11 AM
lol at sig

jmar32
08-18-2008, 09:55 PM
LIRL @ your retardism...gtfo----------------------------->

which is why..of all the chances i have/had to get another DC/DB i havent gotten a

that wasn't me making that statement. my comp was messing up. i was making a comment to who ever made that statement.

Motivation
08-18-2008, 10:38 PM
LOL... hey jmar... sammich and banzored are the same...

Terror
08-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Exactly, vtec is so overrated. It's cool and all, but everyone forgets that the engine is completely gutless before it hits, and even when it does it's still slow. 95% of the Hondas on here are slow as balls, they're just fun to drive.

VTEC was designed to maximize power and efficiency of a small displacement motor. This is how they make a N/A 2.0l make 237 hp and so on and so fourth with the other motors. Its Hondas design of variable valve timing, it just so happens to be in many peoples opinion the best design. Im not sittin here bein like VTAAACK FO' LIFFEE!!! im just sayin my :2cents:

alpine_aw11
08-19-2008, 09:25 PM
VTEC was designed to maximize power and efficiency of a small displacement motor. This is how they make a N/A 2.0l make 237 hp and so on and so fourth with the other motors. Its Hondas design of variable valve timing, it just so happens to be in many peoples opinion the best design. Im not sittin here bein like VTAAACK FO' LIFFEE!!! im just sayin my :2cents:

I know it's a good design, but a lot of idiots think VTAK makes their Honda fast, and it probably isn't at all. Nice s2k btw.

RL...
08-19-2008, 09:25 PM
LOL I've been negative repped by so many people! I'm glad I could care less about being "cool" here. I drive a nissan so I don't expect to fit in. This thread must've gotten to a lot of people, truth hurts...

Paree4g63
08-19-2008, 09:26 PM
in my opinion..vtec & supra's hav one of the best sounding motors in the world i've ever heard.

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 09:46 PM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/dumbgwailo/loser.jpg

Motivation
08-19-2008, 09:55 PM
in my opinion..vtec & supra's hav one of the best sounding motors in the world i've ever heard.

noo... they are engines. not motors. :tongue1: lol

EJ25RUN
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM

so why is Detroit Motor city? ;)

Motivation
08-19-2008, 10:35 PM
same reason the top of my valve cover in my civic says honda motor company :tongue1:

Ajdgotskillz
08-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Im gonna get a honda as my project car eventually i have a 2006 nissan sentra ser now honda's arent played out.

eYezs1ck
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
vtec is overrated but id wouldnt own a honda w/o it

Sammich
08-20-2008, 01:16 PM

*CONTRACTION*

I'D = I WOULD...

YOU WOULD AND YOU WOULDNT? EXPLAIN:D

Zeeb
08-20-2008, 01:17 PM

VTEC isnt over rated in my car ;)

jmar32
08-20-2008, 01:47 PM
LOL... hey jmar... sammich and banzored are the same...

ha nice didnt know that

RL...
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
s2k's are quick!

Elbow
08-20-2008, 04:29 PM
My CRX didn't have VTEC and would walk 5.0's B16 CRX's, etc ALL DAY.

Paree4g63
08-20-2008, 04:46 PM

in conversation..we say motor instead of engine..it sounds easier..
Hey, what you got under that hood?
...I gotta d15 motor but my daily driver has a nsx motor in a rex chassis :taun:

Motivation
08-20-2008, 07:17 PM
??? why would you have a d15 in the car you are talkin about but an nsx motor in a rex chasis for your daily? you are backwards sir. lol jk :boxing:

EJ25RUN
08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
LOL I've been negative repped by so many people! I'm glad I could care less about being "cool" here. I drive a nissan so I don't expect to fit in. This thread must've gotten to a lot of people, truth hurts...

You wave the Nissan flag so confidently but you prolly dont even know that Nissan has VTEC too.

To the rest of you Vtec haters.

Honda was the first to mass produce a variable valve system in cars in the mid 80's. The B16 that was used in Group A as a homoligation motor and that technology is now 23 years old.

Most of you only look at straight line and highway street racing :rolleyes: for a cars overall. Instead, look at how Honda builds a type R vehicle from the get go. Balance is above all else. In those days, Honda's package was the best in the world. For years it was the 4AG in the Corolla vs the B16 in the Civic. The key in a Vtec system is how aggressive the set up is. You can get much more aggressive cams and build a a setup that makes power all the way to 10,000 rpm. It is potential and most of the quys on the street cant get it so they talk sh!t.

Paree4g63
08-20-2008, 08:17 PM
??? why would you have a d15 in the car you are talkin about but an nsx motor in a rex chasis for your daily? you are backwards sir. lol jk :boxing:

aha you like my setup eh? aha good eye it'd be even crazier if my d15 was faster then the nsx motor in my rex. :eek:

1SICKLEX
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
You wave the Nissan flag so confidently but you prolly dont even know that Nissan has VTEC too.

Honda was the first to mass produce a variable valve system in cars in the mid 80's. The B16 that was used in Group A as a homoligation motor and that technology is now 23 years old.

Most of you only look at straight line and highway street racing :rolleyes: for a cars overall. Instead, look at how Honda builds a type R vehicle from the get go. Balance is above all else. In those days, Honda's package was the best in the world. For years it was the 4AG in the Corolla vs the B16 in the Civic. The key in a Vtec system is how aggressive the set up is. You can get much more aggressive cams and build a a setup that makes power all the way to 10,000 rpm. It is potential and most of the quys on the street cant get it so they talk sh!t.
That was then. This is now.

http://blog.cochesalaventa.com/_fotos/2009-Honda-Pilot-officially-announced1.jpg

Honda used to care about the enthusiast and make some really fun cars.
CRX
Civic with a REAL suspension
Del Sol
Prelude
Intergra
ITR (maybe the best FWD sporty car ever)
S2000 (will not be replaced)
NSX (discontinued)

Like Toyota, they now sell giant sedans and SUVs galore. It seems to me that people TODAY buy them based on PAST accomplishments.

Vtec doesn't suck, the OP should read about it. What does suck are the people that think its a turbo or act like it adds 500hp or something.

I do believe the first Honda to have Vtec was the NSX right? Today just about every car brand has some sort of variable valve timing.

RL...
08-21-2008, 12:39 AM

Nissan=VVT=variable valve timing
Honda-vtec=variable valve timing and electronic control(i think?)
mitsubishi=mivec=mitsubishi innovative valve timing electronic control system

:2cents:

Humphrizzle
08-21-2008, 12:48 AM
VTEC= VVTELC

Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control

EJ25RUN
08-21-2008, 01:02 AM
That was then. This is now.

Honda used to care about the enthusiast and make some really fun cars.
CRX (cant argue)
Civic with a REAL suspension (lol, had one of those, yes, double wishbone but the current FD2 in Japan is the best chassis for a front wheel drive car ever.)
Del Sol (never a fan)
Prelude (never a fan)
Intergra (Yes, Yes, Yes, in all its generations)
ITR (maybe the best FWD sporty car ever) no the New FD2 CTR is.
S2000 (will not be replaced) (great car)
NSX (discontinued) (well, they sold like 11 in 2003 world wide so that was coming. Plus every sports car got better and much more powerful in the late 90's. Also the gentleman's agreement was dropped.)

Yes, but there are exceptions. I feel we are better today than we were 3 years ago. The new Civic Si is a good car and the CTR is an incredible car.

And with the S2000 going away, i really hope this new front engined NSX is all it is cracked up to be.

EJ25RUN
08-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Nissan=VVT=variable valve timing
Honda-vtec=variable valve timing and electronic control(i think?)
mitsubishi=mivec=mitsubishi innovative valve timing electronic control system

:2cents:

since you know it all.

so what is REV?

BABY J
08-21-2008, 01:24 AM
Forgot Toyota's variable timing. :)

Humphrizzle
08-21-2008, 01:28 AM
GM has/had VVT

EJ25RUN
08-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Forgot Toyota's variable timing. :)

I WIN! :D

VVT Implementations

* Aftermarket Modifications - Conventional hydraulic tappet can be engineered to rapidly bleed-down for variable reduction of valve opening and duration.
* Alfa Romeo Twin Spark - TS stands for "Twinspark" engine, it is equipped with Variable Valve Timing technology.
* BMW
o Valvetronic - Provides continuously variable lift for the intake valves; used in conjunction with Double VANOS.
o VANOS - Varies intake timing by rotating the camshaft in relation to the gear.
o Double VANOS - Continuously varies the timing of the intake and exhaust valves.

* Ford Variable Cam Timing - Varies valve timing by rotating the camshaft.
* DaimlerChrysler - Varies valve timing through the use of concentric camshafts developed by Mechadyne enabling dual-independent inlet/exhaust valve adjustment on the 2008 Dodge Viper.

* GM
o VVT - Varies valve timing continuously throughout the RPM range for both intake and exhaust for improved performance in both overhead valve and overhead cam engine applications.(See also Northstar System).
o DCVCP (Double Continuous Variable Cam Phasing) - Varies intake and exhaust camshaft timing continuously with hydraulic vane type phaser (see also Ecotec LE5).
o Alloytec - Continuously variable camshaft phasing for inlet cams. Continuously variable camshaft phasing for inlet cams and exhaust cams (High Output Alloytec).

* Honda
o VTEC - Varies duration, timing and lift by switching between two different sets of cam lobes.
o i-VTEC - In high-output DOHC 4 cylinder engines the i-VTEC system adds continuous intake cam phasing (timing) to traditional VTEC. In economy oriented SOHC and DOHC 4 cylinder engines the i-VTEC system increases engine efficiency by delaying the closure of the intake valves under certain conditions and by using an electronically controlled throttle valve to reduce pumping loss. In SOHC V6 engines the i-VTEC system is used to provide Variable Cylinder Management which deactivates one bank of 3 cylinders during low demand operation.
o VTEC-E - Unlike most VTEC systems VTEC-E is not a cam switching system, instead it uses the VTEC mechanism to allow for a lean intake charge to be used by closing one intake valve under certain conditions.
* Hyundai MPI CVVT - Varies power, torque, exhaust system, and engine response.
* Kawasaki - Varies position of cam by changing oil pressure thereby advancing and retarding the valve timing, 2008 Concours 14.
* Lexus VVT-iE - Continuously varies the intake camshaft timing using an electric actuator.
* Mazda S-VT - Varies timing by rotating the camshaft.
* Mitsubishi MIVEC - Varies valve timing, duration and lift by switching between two different sets of cam lobes. The 4B1 engine series uses a different variant of MIVEC which varies timing (phase) of both intake and exhaust camshafts continuously.
* Nissan
o N-VCT - Varies the rotation of the cam(s) only, does not alter lift or duration of the valves.
o VVL - Varies timing, duration, and lift of the intake and exhaust valves by using two different sets of cam lobes.
o CVTC introduced with the HR15DE, HR16DE, MR18DE and MR20DE new engines in September 2004 on the Nissan Tiida and North American version named Nissan Versa (in 2007); and finally the Nissan Sentra (in 2007).
o VVEL introduced with the VQ37VHR Nissan VQ engine engine in 2007 on the Infiniti G37.
* Porsche
o VarioCam - Varies intake timing by adjusting tension of a cam chain.
o VarioCam Plus - Varies intake valve timing by rotating the cam in relation to the cam sprocket as well as duration, timing and lift of the intake and exhaust valves by switching between two different sets of cam lobes.
* Proton Campro CPS - Varies intake valve timing and lift by switching between 2 sets of cam lobes without using rocker arms as in most variable valve timing systems. Debuted in the 2008 Proton Gen-2 CPS[2][3] and the 2008 Proton Waja CPS.
* PSA Peugeot Citroën CVVT - Continuous variable valve timing.
* Renault Clio 182, Clio Cup and Clio V6 Mk2 VVT - variable valve timing.
* Rover VVC - Varies timing with an eccentric disc.
* Suzuki - VVT - Suzuki M engine
* Subaru
o AVCS - Varies timing (phase) with hydraulic pressure, used on turbocharged and six-cylinder Subaru engines.
o AVLS - Varies duration, timing and lift by switching between two different sets of cam lobes (similar to Honda VTEC). Used by non-turbocharged Subaru engines.
* Toyota
o VVT - Toyota 4A-GE 20-Valve engine introduced VVT in the 1992 Corolla GT-versions.
o VVT-i - Continuously varies the timing of the intake camshaft, or both the intake and exhaust camshafts (depending on application).
o VVTL-i - Continuously varies the timing of the intake valves. Varies duration, timing and lift of the intake and exhaust valves by switching between two different sets of cam lobes.
* Volkswagen & Audi - VVT introduced with later revisions of the 1.8t engine. Similar to VarioCam, the intake timing intentionally runs advanced and a retard point is calculated by the ECU. A hydraulic tensioner retards the intake timing.
* Volvo - CVVT
* Yamaha - VCT (Variable Cam Timing) Varies position of cam thereby advancing and retarding the valve timing.

Proton - VVT introduced in the Waja 1.8's F4P renault engine (toyota supplies the VVT to renault)

LightningSpeed
08-21-2008, 02:11 AM
I MISS MY HONDA

RL...
08-21-2008, 11:25 AM
lol @ ej. He tries so hard to win arguements on here, even when I'm not argueing. Wow, you can copy and paste data...

bowdown201
08-21-2008, 11:57 AM
lol @ ej. He tries so hard to win arguements on here, even when I'm not argueing. Wow, you can copy and paste data...
you started an arguement cause you basically asked why people drove Hondas...thas just stupid man :screwy:

Zeeb
08-21-2008, 11:59 AM

Copy and paste ftw. You think he's really gon re-type all of that?

EJ25RUN
08-21-2008, 12:12 PM

Lol, of course i copy and pasted that. Why would i ever spend 30 mins typing that?

And, most of the time, no one wins an argument on here, they just move on to other threads and dont get there feelings hurt.

Again, go learn something before you try to make me look like the noob.

EJ25RUN
08-21-2008, 12:13 PM
I thought this was relavent to thread.

This has to do with Honda bikes but OMG i love this vid. Says everything about HRC and Honda that ever needed to be said.

Honda VFR750 - the best bike ever and first modern superbike. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9YVYg4FyU)

RL...
08-21-2008, 01:24 PM
You are the idiot here EJ..:yes:

EJ25RUN
08-21-2008, 04:04 PM
You are the idiot here EJ..:yes:

*prove it*

1SICKLEX
08-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes, but there are exceptions. I feel we are better today than we were 3 years ago. The new Civic Si is a good car and the CTR is an incredible car.

And with the S2000 going away, i really hope this new front engined NSX is all it is cracked up to be.
Look at all the cars I named. Now look at Honda's lineup today. Its clearly obvious the Honda today=giant cars or SUVS. Back in the day, HOnda was truly about small and sporty. Hell they didn't even have a V-6 (still no V-8).

They better name the next NSX something else b/c you CANNOT name a front engine car a NSX. The NSX forum is up in arms with the new car and how it looks and the front engine layout.

EJ25RUN
08-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Look at all the cars I named. Now look at Honda's lineup today. Its clearly obvious the Honda today=giant cars or SUVS. Back in the day, HOnda was truly about small and sporty. Hell they didn't even have a V-6 (still no V-8).

They better name the next NSX something else b/c you CANNOT name a front engine car a NSX. The NSX forum is up in arms with the new car and how it looks and the front engine layout.

Im with you there on the NSX. But i aslo have to admit that moving to bigger cars was a move to compete with the American brands. Yes we represent a market too but it was not big enough. On the bright side, i have heard news of a possible new Honda city which could be the size of the mid 90's civic sedans. But i doubt it will head over to the us.

You frequent the same sites i do so im sure you have seen this. :goodjob:
http://images.paultan.org/images2/New_2009_Honda_City_China_1.jpg

1SICKLEX
08-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Yes, if Honda brings America their JDM cars, including their small vans, well thats what we need. People NEVER really stopped buying small Hondas here and people just love them.

The Fit is an example.

Nex
08-21-2008, 07:44 PM
honda , nissan blah blah blah . correct me if im wrong but its all about under the hood and taste. Either yours is fast or faster then the next guy. Nothing gets played out because its a hobby. Either your into it or your just the one thats getting old. Simple fact !!

BABY J
08-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Honda was never really about small/sporty - Honda was more about efficiency. Look at the American manufacturers cars that are sold in Asia - small cars are the ticket simply b/c of the size of the streets. To reach the markets in America, Honda upsized the cars - they had to in order to be competetive - just as the domestic companies make smaller cars for the Asian market in order to be competetive. Even in America though, the H badge stuff is still efficient no matter the size.

jmar32
08-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Vtec doesn't suck, the OP should read about it. What does suck are the people that think its a turbo or act like it adds 500hp or something.

i agree. does anyone remember when the nsx was a concept and was goes to come out as a 500hp twin turbo.

nice.

Balance is above all else.

yeah and if anyone has done the main or rod bears then u know. cause you have a size then a color for each rod.

Franco Tirador
09-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Dawg, c'mon did you do that on purpose? how can you post something like that on IA a.k.a. CIVICNATION? HOwwwwwwwwwwwwwww? LOL, you've got 7 pages, tomorrow you will have 14 or more

Silvrmaxx
09-04-2008, 09:08 AM
actually... i think this thread was pretty much dead til about... 1:55am this morning

RL...
09-04-2008, 09:34 AM
actually... i think this thread was pretty much dead til about... 1:55am this morning

x2

pipeline
09-05-2008, 06:33 AM
Dawg, c'mon did you do that on purpose? how can you post something like that on IA a.k.a. CIVICNATION? HOwwwwwwwwwwwwwww? LOL, you've got 7 pages, tomorrow you will have 14 or more

you have a point..

the nissan peeps are few and far between here in this CIVIC world.. aka IA...:crazy:

Elbow
09-05-2008, 07:14 AM
I love how people hate on Honda when there are so many fast Hondas that would entirely RAPE their cars.

pipeline
09-05-2008, 07:48 AM
I love how people hate on Honda when there are so many fast Hondas that would entirely RAPE their cars.

:2cents: agreed

masonhenson
09-05-2008, 08:19 AM
i like the fact that i get 28mpg and look good doing it... but i would rather have an s14 haha

pipeline
09-05-2008, 08:21 AM
i get 28mpg highway.....:ninja:

and i would like a s14 as well.....:ninja:

VIP Style
09-05-2008, 01:27 PM
my azz, i have owned four hondas and yes im very tired of them. luxury cars is whats up

VIP Style
09-05-2008, 01:30 PM
ok think about this, its not always about who is faster, but its more about what looks and feels better. its not like you can drive around raping cars 24/7 lol. i would rather drive something that looks nice like a lexus or bimmer than a played out honda with some rotas on it.

Capt._Ron
09-05-2008, 02:17 PM
all i have to say is wrong wheel drive FTL (excludes s2k and NSX)

Elbow
09-05-2008, 04:32 PM
ok think about this, its not always about who is faster, but its more about what looks and feels better. its not like you can drive around raping cars 24/7 lol. i would rather drive something that looks nice like a lexus or bimmer than a played out honda with some rotas on it.

Maybe..but that's YOU.

If I had a BMW it would be entirely gutted, fully caged, race seat, nothing else. Loads of suspension, and minor engine work. How a BMW should be done.

A Lexus...eh....

MS3ZZ
09-05-2008, 09:02 PM
had 4dr 99 accord v6. Awesome DD. I probably would still have it if it wasnt for tranny.

I have read good amt of articles regarding the vtec technology. Somewhere i read states that vtec was developed as a substitute for turbo on mass produced cars. Honda wanted efficiency and at the same time versatility. And it does what it was intended to do. Only reason vtec is overrated is because people make it into something that is not. Usually teenage kids as these cars are popular among kids.

That said, i prefer FI over vtec and favor torque over hp.

Nex
09-05-2008, 09:23 PM
i love paying for less gas !!

Deke
09-06-2008, 02:44 AM

I love how people hate on Mustangs when there are so many fast Mustangs that would entirely RAPE their cars.

I love how people hate on 240s when there are so many fast 240s that would entirely RAPE their cars.

I love how people hate on Neons when there are so many fast Neons that would entirely RAPE their cars.

I love how people hate on R35s when there are so many fast R35s that would entirely RAPE their cars.

AKA, your statement means squat. Because if I recall correctly from previous threads, you definitely fit into that last one. :)

PS, shame on the person who bumped this thread.

Elbow
09-06-2008, 08:51 AM
I love how people hate on Mustangs when there are so many fast Mustangs that would entirely RAPE their cars.

I love how people hate on 240s when there are so many fast 240s that would entirely RAPE their cars.

I love how people hate on Neons when there are so many fast Neons that would entirely RAPE their cars.

I love how people hate on R35s when there are so many fast R35s that would entirely RAPE their cars.

AKA, your statement means squat. Because if I recall correctly from previous threads, you definitely fit into that last one. :)

PS, shame on the person who bumped this thread.

Hmmm I like Mustangs...lol

I like fast 240's I hate on basically stock ones with stickers and the guys act like hardcore emo drifters.

Never said anything about Neons, my ex owned one. And I am not too sure if there are that many fast ones lol. But if there is a FAST one reps for being different. I like SRT4's if we are reffering to those.

R35's will beat me, but I hate anyway :goodjob:

There is a difference, people actually believe ALL Hondas are slow. I have met some of these people. They truly think EVERY Honda is a slow POS.

JDMjoe
09-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Eat Sleep Honda :yes:

RL...
09-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Hmmm I like Mustangs...lol

I like fast 240's I hate on basically stock ones with stickers and the guys act like hardcore emo drifters.

Never said anything about Neons, my ex owned one. And I am not too sure if there are that many fast ones lol. But if there is a FAST one reps for being different. I like SRT4's if we are reffering to those.

R35's will beat me, but I hate anyway :goodjob:

There is a difference, people actually believe ALL Hondas are slow. I have met some of these people. They truly think EVERY Honda is a slow POS.

not all of them...but most...and that's a fact.

EJ25RUN
09-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Um... :thinking: ...i guess the only contribution i can make.

Lol at "street cars" :goodjob:

dabuilding
09-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Eat Sleep Honda :yes:
x2 mane