PDA

View Full Version : Misc Yup, I'm a Dumbass

Kristi
08-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Yea so - Friday at work I'm sitting here and I get thirsty....so I get a cup of water and bring it back in my office....well I am standing up and I go to take a sip and I drop it - all over my laptop! Well, it went all over the desk too, but the laptop got fucked. It immediately turned off and hasn't worked since. So......I've got it at HL Computers trying to get the fucker fixed. Fry's wanted an arm and a leg to fix it...so........

THIS BLOWS! I'm going through laptop withdrawls.

And the worst part about it is that ALL my homework for school is on that laptop....luckily none of it is due until later in the week. Wish me luck getting it fixed.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

BTEC
08-29-2005, 11:27 AM
that really sucks. u ask the Geek Squad if they could fix it. lol

Kristi
08-29-2005, 11:28 AM
yea - but they charge $90 per hour. This guy at HL is charing $85 to look at it and see if it just needs drying out. If it turns out something has to be replaced - he is going to call me and then he will not charge the $85 - just the amount for parts to repair it.

The Ren
08-29-2005, 11:32 AM
damn hun.. bad luck follows us around huh?

BTEC
08-29-2005, 11:33 AM
use a hairdryer and dry it out urself to eliminate the cost of them drying it out. thats what i would do, but i always try to fix my own stuff ne way. "Thatll be $180 for us drying it out and making sure everythign works fine." Ull never pimp me. lol!!

RISKYB
08-29-2005, 11:35 AM
sorry hin that really sucks

civic95
08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Probably will need a new motherboard. Good news is your homework is on your hard drive, and it's probably fine. But you don't know how long it will take to receive a new MB, so you can get your homework.

WTF..kebe
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM
i know how that goes i got gaterade on my laptop one time n just let is dry out n it was fine so....yea that sucks

DonGori
08-29-2005, 11:44 AM
even if it is ruined, you should be able to get the harddrive info off of it so all your work should be safe

4dmin
08-29-2005, 11:56 AM
girl you should of called me i would of looked at it for 20$ ;) by the way you could of just pulled the harddrive and connected it to a desktop to get the shit off of it.

99ITRGIRL
08-29-2005, 01:55 PM
My cousin works for the Geek Squad!! lol Did you know they have a dress code? They have to wear white socks with black shoes! lol

BTEC
08-29-2005, 03:30 PM
My cousin works for the Geek Squad!! lol Did you know they have a dress code? They have to wear white socks with black shoes! lol
lol!!!

kilpatty43
08-29-2005, 03:46 PM
dumbass...lol

chuck
08-29-2005, 06:20 PM
i just read the title...didn't feel like wasting my time on the other mumbo jumbo but i just wanted to say:
DUH, we knew that already...

j/k Kristi!!!!!!! sux about your computer too :(

Kristi
08-30-2005, 08:24 AM
i would have brought it to you Paul - but I didn't know you could do that stuff. I let the thing dry out for two days before I took it in, and it wouldn't even turn on....soooo......I am supposed to hear from the guy today. I tried to take it apart, but I didn't want to screw it up.

silver
08-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Kristi... Sorry to hear that. Hope it all works out and it gets saved!! And don't worry, you are not alone in the world of dumbasses... Kelly dropped her cell phone in a glass of water last week... so she is right up there with ya!! lol :idb: (On a side note, I really don't think you are a dumbass... stuff like that happens, lol)

Kristi
08-30-2005, 08:51 AM
it really sucks - i'm going through laptop withdrawls like crazy!

Kristi
08-30-2005, 11:25 AM
yea - so - the computer place just called and said i fried my motherboard. they said they want $750 to replace it (that includes the $200 labor). they said since i spilt water on the laptop rather than coke, sweet tea, or milk - that it caused the liquid to move faster and fried the motherboard. :jerkit: and if i had spilt something else on there that it would have been better and they probably would have only had to clean it. :jerkit: but what is funny is when i went and dropped it off they told me the opposite. that it is better to spill water cause it doesn't stick or anything. so whatever. they also want $150 to pull the data off my harddrive. which is gay.

so now, i guess i'm just going to go buy a new computer.

trythefly
08-30-2005, 11:52 AM

4dmin
08-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Just so you people know i would never take my computer to CompUSA, Microcenter, Best Buy (geek squad), unless something is broke and its under warranty to fix the part; which is basically the same if you sent it to the Manuf. But if you looking for someone to just diagnosis a problem, fix a virus, reformat ect., just ask someone on the boards. I know: Me, Chris A., Atif, Rican(Jose), & many more on the boards are more than qualified to fix shit like this and it will save you money and hassle.

I know the Geek Squad is like 129$ for the visit, i have a lady at my work call there and they quoted her 260$ to come out to work on two different laptops. I ended up fixing them for 40$ for her. ;)

Brett
08-30-2005, 12:31 PM
At what they quoted you to fix it, Id just buy a new one, they are cheaper to replace now then a few years ago, For what a MB costs you could buy a new laptop

Kristi
08-30-2005, 03:47 PM
yea, i'm going to Paul to take the data of the HD and then I think I'm just going to get a new one. That thing was too heavy anyway. But it sucks. All my programs and emails and shit are on there - now I gotta put all the shit on a new one.

this blows. btw - thanks Paul in advance. I will try to get that to you as soon as I can.