PDA

View Full Version : 95 Civic Electrical Troubles

speedmaster
08-14-2008, 12:11 AM
hi, Okay so the trouble is with my boyfriend's 95 civic. First he had to change the timing belt because it snapped. Well we got that done after a few tries, figuring out all the proper alignment of everything. Then he had a bent valve so he decided to change the head on his civic. The head he picked up was from a newer civic I believe, so he had to get a new distributor and one of the bolts was to long so he got another bolt as well.

The other day we were out picking up some necessities at the store. The car seemed to be running fine, when we came back out, it wouldn't start. Seemed as if the battery was dead. He couldn't pop start it, but we finally got a jump. It was bogging down on the way home and died as we pulled up in our driveway. He checked his battery, it is fine, and there is no corrosion on the battery. He said that from testing it, it sounds like a dead short but he can't seem to find it anywhere in the vehicle.

Now if I remember correct, when he was trying to start the car there was a spark under the hood once or twice. Also I think the battery was getting hot when he was trying to start it. I could be wrong on those two things, my memory isn't always the best. But I was wondering if anyone had any advice or ideas on what the problem could be. I really appreciate any help I can get. I know it is frustrating for him, having one problem after another on this Honda. So I thought I would try to help and get on here to ask for assistance. Thank you all for your time and any form of help you can possibly offer. Have a wonderful day and thank you again for everything you can provide, as well as taking the time to read this inquiry.

81911SC
08-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Noods?

SixSquared
08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Noods?

Required for us to offer assistance.

Schugg
08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
if he has a 95 and got a newer head and distributor, from what i remember the cut off for obd1 wiring harnesses is 95, 96 would have obd2 (or obd0 i dont remember?). did he have to re-wire anything? if it is a obd1 dist. he may just need to adjust the distributor to the from or back. to far one way may cause it to bog, idle low, to far the other idle high. from the sounds of it he doesnt work on cars much. he may have just plugged the plug wires into the wrong plugs. alot of people say it wont run if you do, but ive plugged them it ran, rough.

Scotsman
08-15-2008, 07:05 PM
"sparks" ? sounds like a ground wire is not tightened down , i would also check the dizzy timing

Barefoot
08-19-2008, 02:53 AM
it sounds like its about time for yall to take the car to the pros.
"sparks" ? sounds like a ground wire is not tightened down , i would also check the dizzy timingthats what im thinking.

turbob20
08-21-2008, 02:55 AM
check to see if any wires might have been caught and bolted btween the block n head when putting back on. may be causing a short and also a drain.

turbob20
08-21-2008, 02:56 AM
ALSO CHECK BTWEEN THE INTAKE AND HEAD ALSO...