PDA

View Full Version : fuel pressure

speedmaster
08-13-2008, 11:48 PM
How much full pressure is needed to open an injector that is designed to operate about 38 lbs? When I was talking to Bob last night and he was explaining to me that you needed to lean the engine. He was showing me this display on his dash and plugged into the computer port. The reason I am asking is because if it only takes 20 PSI to open the injector then you could install an in line fuel pressure regulator and unplug the vacuum line so the factory regulator will be wide open. He was explaining about trying to change the computers program but I told him why don't you slow down the gas. That is the one thing that is still mechanical to a point.
Have you tried this?

Tech5
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM
every car has different fuel preasure needs, most FI cars use anywhere from 32-55 psi fuel preasure

Init2winit
08-14-2008, 07:53 AM
How much full pressure is needed to open an injector that is designed to operate about 38 lbs? When I was talking to Bob last night and he was explaining to me that you needed to lean the engine. He was showing me this display on his dash and plugged into the computer port. The reason I am asking is because if it only takes 20 PSI to open the injector then you could install an in line fuel pressure regulator and unplug the vacuum line so the factory regulator will be wide open. He was explaining about trying to change the computers program but I told him why don't you slow down the gas. That is the one thing that is still mechanical to a point.
Have you tried this?

AnthonyF
08-14-2008, 08:48 AM
who the fuk is Bob? An injector opens by the computer. If the injector isnt getting fuel you need to go back and find where it is blocked at or what isnt opening. But I have no idea what you are asking.

-Ant.

SixSquared
08-14-2008, 10:54 AM
awww methinks someone is trying to get her post count up so she can post in classifieds.

NOODS OR GTFO

AnthonyF
08-14-2008, 10:55 AM
^.....what?

-Ant.

SixSquared
08-14-2008, 11:00 AM
^.....what?

-Ant.

she's asked a couple of random questions in general tech and stuff... I think she's just trying to bump up her post count so she can post in classifieds, esp. considering she has a URL in her sig.

To which I say...

http://killer12137.bulletfiles.com/images/nudes_or_cat.jpg

AnthonyF
08-14-2008, 11:02 AM
^good eye. Thank you for that input. I will keep an eye on..her?

-Ant.

Barefoot
08-19-2008, 04:01 AM
lol wtf

she's asked a couple of random questions in general tech and stuff... I think she's just trying to bump up her post count so she can post in classifieds, esp. considering she has a URL in her sig.

To which I say...

makes sense

Init2winit
08-19-2008, 09:10 AM
awww methinks someone is trying to get her post count up so she can post in classifieds.

NOODS OR GTFOThe genius you are. She has 12 posts. I would stick to butchering up cars, rather than posting your not-so-common sense.