PDA

View Full Version : General Chat z31 ?'s, hopefully it works this time

alpine_aw11
08-13-2008, 08:29 PM
The reason I joined up is I've been looking into my first import, and I'm considering a z31. I've heard too many stories about z32's and I've been told z31's are much more reliable/easy to work on. I like the inline six setup as that's what I'm most familiar with right now and will let me reach my power level I have in mind for relatively cheap. I still know pretty much nothing about them though, except I did drive one and I liked it a lot. If anyone could give me any info on them as far as reliability/ease to work on goes I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

Mafia's Si
08-13-2008, 08:32 PM
I do not own one, but a friend does and a turbo is cheap and the SC is also relatively cheap. I think you will get more gains from a turbo and it is safe to run 15lbs of boost. Hell you could use more, but thats up to you lol. GL with the car I like the way they look man.

alpine_aw11
08-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks. I'm going for NA, gas prices blow lol. I'll own a turbo car someday, but seeing as I'm about to start working full time/going to college I don't want to deal with it. I just had to put a new engine in my Jeep and I'm definitely not going to have time for **** like that anymore so I just want a fun dd.

seanrg1116
08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
The reason I joined up is I've been looking into my first import, and I'm considering a z31. I've heard too many stories about z32's and I've been told z31's are much more reliable/easy to work on. I like the inline six setup as that's what I'm most familiar with right now and will let me reach my power level I have in mind for relatively cheap. I still know pretty much nothing about them though, except I did drive one and I liked it a lot. If anyone could give me any info on them as far as reliability/ease to work on goes I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

the z31 is a v6 and yea they are easy and cheap to work on just make sure u find one that doesnt have that sh*tty maroon interior

Nemesis
08-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I had an 85 Z31, with 120k original miles. Tan interior, and loved it. It was prestine until some kid trashed it. Biggest regret of my life honestly. I wish I still had her.

alpine_aw11
08-13-2008, 10:06 PM
;)
the z31 is a v6 and yea they are easy and cheap to work on just make sure u find one that doesnt have that sh*tty maroon interior

Really? I thought it was an inline. And I already know to avoid the maroon interior lol. Thanks for the input guys reps given.

OneSlow5pt0
08-13-2008, 10:11 PM
nope its a VG30 V6

i drove one before i bought my camaro,i liekd it alot.....if i got another import would be a top 3,loved it,would have bought it but had title problems,then i drove a 79' 280zx,loved both of them

but i say go for the turbo Z31,u will be glad u did....but GL,i love these cars

Nemesis
08-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Find a Shiro Special... those are hard to come by but the sexiest Z31 ever made!!!!!!!!!!

alpine_aw11
08-13-2008, 10:16 PM
nope its a VG30 V6

i drove one before i bought my camaro,i liekd it alot.....if i got another import would be a top 3,loved it,would have bought it but had title problems,then i drove a 79' 280zx,loved both of them

but i say go for the turbo Z31,u will be glad u did....but GL,i love these cars

Eh I just don't know if I want a turbo car at this point. The one I drove was N/A and it was satisfying enough, the thing could definitely slide around if you made it.:cheers: I would really like a turbo though. I still have a little while to go before I pick one up, need to work out the bugs on my Jeep to get it ready for sale/trade.

alpine_aw11
08-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Find a Shiro Special... those are hard to come by but the sexiest Z31 ever made!!!!!!!!!!

Wow that is a good looking car. I'm sure if I were to find one I couldn't afford it though lol. Hopefully I can find a decent looking kit or something when I get one.