PDA

View Full Version : Gratuitous "I got a ticket and I'm gonna cry about it on IA cuz cops suck" thread...

quickdodgeŽ
08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Got recognized today in Alabama for my driving prowess. I even got a certificate to show for it as well. If any of you ever drive a big rig and you see a sign that says "TRUCKS USE LEFT LANE," do as it says. I used that lane for about 3 3/4 of the 4 mile stretch and got over to pass a slower vehicle and was only a 1/4 mile from the regular lanes, so I stayed my course. Alabama state trooper was sitting right at the end of that section and spotted me. Nailed me for it. Ahh well. They may not have indoor plumbing or one person with all their teeth, but at least they have online ticket paying over there. I didn't realize that the sign meant for us to stay in that lane the whole time. But lesson learned, lolol. Later, QD.

X-Runner
08-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Wonder how much that ones gonna run you? :dunno:

Motivation
08-13-2008, 07:26 PM
lol... It's the cop... He was just out to get you... That's how they all are...

chinitoxamor
08-13-2008, 07:27 PM
u drive a big rig? or a truck?

Motivation
lol... It's the cop... He was just out to get you... That's how they all are...

and just for those that come in here and take what I said seriously... :no:

slostang
you know the best thing that comes out of Alabama?

I-20 east.

quickdodgeŽ
08-13-2008, 07:28 PM
u drive a big rig? or a truck?

Rig. 18 wheeler. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
08-13-2008, 07:28 PM

I-20 east.

What's even better is I-20 West. I-20 East just brings you to Atlanta. Later, QD.

Motivation
08-13-2008, 07:29 PM

I-20 east.

and fireworks

slostang
08-13-2008, 07:29 PM
do you by any chance haul LG products QD?

X-Runner
08-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Since your a truck driver Ive always wondered this, the weight station coming down I-20 from Alabama. It says "All trucks" must pass through it, but I see alot of them that dont. Care to explain how that works?

quickdodgeŽ
08-13-2008, 07:30 PM
do you by any chance haul LG products QD?

I haul mostly Michelin tires. Other than that, I usually don't pay attention. Later, QD.

chinitoxamor
08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Rig. 18 wheeler. Later, QD.

ouchhh, well i used to drive a commercial truck under 26K

quickdodgeŽ
08-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Since your a truck driver Ive always wondered this, the weight station coming down I-20 from Alabama. It says "All trucks" must pass through it, but I see alot of them that dont. Care to explain how that work?

It's called Pre-Pass. Some larger trucking companies pay a monthly fee and it kind of gives them leeway to bypass the scales. The company I work for does this. The weigh station has the option to "zap" us to come in and be weighed. The Pre-Pass is a little blue box that's mounted on the windshield. It has a red and green light. If the officer at the station "zaps" us and the light is green, we can keep on trucking. If the red light comes on, we have to go in. About a half mile before the station, you'll see a box hanging out over the freeway with a camera mounted in it. That's the "zapper." They take pictures of the trucks as they pass and determine if they want to pull us in or not. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
08-13-2008, 07:35 PM
ouchhh, well i used to drive a commercial truck under 26K

No ouch for me. I make quite well for myself, lolol. Later, QD.

redrumracer
08-13-2008, 07:35 PM
Since your a truck driver Ive always wondered this, the weight station coming down I-20 from Alabama. It says "All trucks" must pass through it, but I see alot of them that dont. Care to explain how that works?
the road has scales in it that weigh you as your driving and if you have the equipment in your truck(prepass-it lets you know if your a go or a no go) then you can keep on going as long as your within regulations.

Motivation
08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
It's called Pre-Pass. Some larger trucking companies pay a monthly fee and it kind of gives them leeway to bypass the scales. The company I work for does this. The weigh station has the option to "zap" us to come in and be weighed. The Pre-Pass is a little blue box that's mounted on the windshield. It has a red and green light. If the officer at the station "zaps" us and the light is green, we can keep on trucking. If the red light comes on, we have to go in. About a half mile before the station, you'll see a box hanging out over the freeway with a camera mounted in it. That's the "zapper." They take pictures of the trucks as they pass and determine if they want to pull us in or not. Later, QD.

good info, I've always wondered that myself...

X-Runner
08-13-2008, 07:36 PM

I gotcha, Ive seen the boxes hanging over the road before and figured they had something to do with if a truck passed without stopping. Thanks

quickdodgeŽ
08-13-2008, 07:37 PM
the road has scales in it that weigh you as your driving and if you have the equipment in your truck(prepass-it lets you know if your a go or a no go) then you can keep on going as long as your within regulations.

The road does NOT have scales to weigh you in it. Only one that I know of that actually does is in South Carolina on 85 North. It's completely random pickings. And the officer in the station does the picking. Later, QD.

redrumracer
08-13-2008, 07:42 PM
The road does NOT have scales to weigh you in it. Only one that I know of that actually does is in South Carolina on 85 North. It's completely random pickings. And the officer in the station does the picking. Later, QD.
I was just going off what my dad told me(that sounds like im in middle school or some sh!t)

X-Runner
08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I forgot to make a thread to cry in when I got my ticket and lost my job because of it :lmao:

quickdodgeŽ
08-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I was just going off what my dad told me(that sounds like im in middle school or some sh!t)

Lolol. Later, QD.

chinitoxamor
08-13-2008, 08:03 PM
No ouch for me. I make quite well for myself, lolol. Later, QD.

thats good, well wish you luck man