PDA

View Full Version : 93 civic VX CEL codes 17 41 48?

Schugg
08-13-2008, 06:23 PM
from what ive gathered, not sure if this is correct.
17 - VSS (not worried about this one, my tach and speedo work fine)
41 - heated oxygen sensor heater?
48 - heated oxygen sensor

after reading one guy replaced his vx o2 sensor and his gas mileage went from 35mpg ( where im at ) back up to 45+ im thinking it will be worth it to do it. just want to make sure of a few things. the heated oxygen sensor im assuming is the 5 wire o2 sensor on the top of the header. as for the heated oxygen sensor heater, i have no clue what that is? i also reason another place that code 41 is something else like the lean air fuel sensor. if anyone knows of good reliable page to get correct cel codes let me know! and if there is any further testing i need to do to check and see if it does need to be replaced or if there is other things that need to be checked that could cause it to go off.

Schugg
08-13-2008, 08:19 PM
i found a L1H1 oxygen sensor which is supposively what i need for my VX, but the guy said it came out of an HX, will the sensor still work? i didnt know they were used in HX's too or if its a different one

khaxnguyen
08-13-2008, 08:25 PM
well in general if your current o2 is a 5 wire and the new " L1H1 " is a 5 wire, then yes it will work. also i recommend that you DO fix the VSS issue... as eliminating it will get rid of the CEL light the right way :goodjob:

Schugg
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
my cel light doesnt come on for the VSS, it only comes only shortly after i start driving for the o2 sensor. it just popped up today when i checked it. my guess is that i was messing with something or something happen and it temporarily went off. ill reset it and check though. i replaced my cluster a while back, probably had it on or running at somepoint without the new one in, could that cause the vss to go off?