PDA

View Full Version : so this is great to come home to.....

Scooby Pilot
08-29-2005, 07:23 AM
So I went camping this weekend, got home to my parents house last night at about midnight. everything seemed normal. but it was dark so I couldnt see anything anyway. I get there and unload my cothes and stuff and my mom says that my dad wants to talk to me about something. here we go. well I bought this $500 beater to drive and the only real problem it has is the dude before took the interior out and fucked with the wiring when he should have left it all alone. So my dad is going to work on it apparently while I am gone. he has the hood open ( keep in mind on Saabs the hood opens like a BMW..towards the front and down) I guess he fiddles with it for a while and he and my mom leave to go to the store. they come back adn the car ahs rolled down the hill nose dived into teh driveway and has taken out some plastic poles the pipe line coompany uses to mark the lines and comes to rest in some bushes and almost plows into some trees. The hood is still open all the while. and the hood really does come downin front of the car. The body on this car was actually perfect no dents or dings really, it was all in primer but the body was straight. So now the hood wont close becasue its bent in the middle so my dad takes a sledge hammer and beats on it till it will close. GRRR oh well. in all honesty its really THEIR car becasue I borrowed some money for my other car which the trans blew out on 3 weeks ago and I got this one to drive then give to my mom to put around town in ( runs perfect too). so I am not mad but dissapointed... i apparently do have bad luck with cars lol.

The Ren
08-29-2005, 07:50 AM
you and me both babe

Scooby Pilot
08-29-2005, 08:31 AM
yeah what sucks is I used to be a tech so I could fix the trans..I just dont have the $2600 it takes to get the transmission :) PLus my Conquest is all apart since I am working over the motor and putting aheater core in....so its in a million pieces right now lol

RandomGuy
08-29-2005, 08:38 AM
yo u never answered me... what are the mods on ur starion

Hulud
08-29-2005, 09:24 AM
So I went camping this weekend, got home to my parents house last night at about midnight. everything seemed normal. but it was dark so I couldnt see anything anyway. I get there and unload my cothes and stuff and my mom says that my dad wants to talk to me about something. here we go. well I bought this $500 beater to drive and the only real problem it has is the dude before took the interior out and fucked with the wiring when he should have left it all alone. So my dad is going to work on it apparently while I am gone. he has the hood open ( keep in mind on Saabs the hood opens like a BMW..towards the front and down) I guess he fiddles with it for a while and he and my mom leave to go to the store. they come back adn the car ahs rolled down the hill nose dived into teh driveway and has taken out some plastic poles the pipe line coompany uses to mark the lines and comes to rest in some bushes and almost plows into some trees. The hood is still open all the while. and the hood really does come downin front of the car. The body on this car was actually perfect no dents or dings really, it was all in primer but the body was straight. So now the hood wont close becasue its bent in the middle so my dad takes a sledge hammer and beats on it till it will close. GRRR oh well. in all honesty its really THEIR car becasue I borrowed some money for my other car which the trans blew out on 3 weeks ago and I got this one to drive then give to my mom to put around town in ( runs perfect too). so I am not mad but dissapointed... i apparently do have bad luck with cars lol.
hahaha thats my bros old car hahaha

Bishop
08-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Do you have pics or could you please take some pics? Sounds alot like my old car except i gave it to a friend.

Bishop
08-29-2005, 11:29 AM
or could you describe it? Mine was a '89 900s. Shaved the emblems, rear key hole, rear door handles, antenna, side mouldings....gave it away when it was primed gray. lowered 1.5 in on intrax springs, (they're purple)

RISKYB
08-29-2005, 11:34 AM
that sucks man

Bishop
08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Well apparently from what i hear it is my old car, lol. Just to let you know, when i got it, the body was horrible and it didnt even run. took alot of time to get it runnin and that body, lol dammn, that took a long time to get straight.

Hulud
08-29-2005, 11:41 AM
yea i can vouch for Black Paper Diary on that

Bishop
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM
oh yeah, lol, the wiring was a mess cause i had a cd player, speakers and some other stuff in there that i took out the day before i gave it away.

BTEC
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM
is it ur real dad or step dad? bc if it was my step dad id prolly choke him in the front yard so hed know not to do it again and realize that hes gonna pay for it.

Bishop
08-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Has he ever heard of a e-brake?

chuck
08-29-2005, 01:00 PM
is it ur real dad or step dad? bc if it was my step dad id prolly choke him in the front yard so hed know not to do it again and realize that hes gonna pay for it.
its his real dad...and if you read the whole post his dad already did pay for it when he helped buy him the car.

craig i may have asked you before but were you ever in a club with that SAAB??
...started with a W, i won't mention the name, lol???

Bishop
08-29-2005, 01:24 PM
its his real dad...and if you read the whole post his dad already did pay for it when he helped buy him the car.

craig i may have asked you before but were you ever in a club with that SAAB??
...started with a W, i won't mention the name, lol???
Um....nah i was never in a club....you confused me though

Scooby Pilot
08-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Oh yeah thats it. yeah the witing as far as the brakes/reverse lights and all is a mess. The front turn lamps come on bright when you put it in reverse.

yeah it drives well man, its a savior on gas.

its my real dad, and its no biggie, I didnt pay that much for it and its just a beater. i wasnt mad at all. well my dad's getting alittle older and he just took an inerest in it...besides liek I said its his car really so he can pretty much do whatever he wants with it. the only thing wrong withit is the hood is bent alittl bit int eh front. no biggie.

it is fun to drive tho

you wouldnt happen to have the knobs and switches for the dash would you

Scooby Pilot
08-29-2005, 02:04 PM
As far as mods to my starion, its hard to say, I bought it and brought it home and took it apart to get everything back in shape. 255lph fuel pump, greddy turbo timer/boost controller, I put osme guages faces in there since i didnt like the orange, um new heater core, Bain industries Short Shifter, Kenwood CD player LOL, The motor is out of it but I havent had the time or money to touch it.

Bishop
08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Oh yeah thats it. yeah the witing as far as the brakes/reverse lights and all is a mess. The front turn lamps come on bright when you put it in reverse.

yeah it drives well man, its a savior on gas.

its my real dad, and its no biggie, I didnt pay that much for it and its just a beater. i wasnt mad at all. well my dad's getting alittle older and he just took an inerest in it...besides liek I said its his car really so he can pretty much do whatever he wants with it. the only thing wrong withit is the hood is bent alittl bit int eh front. no biggie.

it is fun to drive tho

you wouldnt happen to have the knobs and switches for the dash would you
YEah i didnt know what was up with the tail lights and shit. Its a shame the hoods fucked up now. I cant beleive that little fucker sold it to you after i gave it to him for free. LOL. I remember after i got my teg and i had to drive the saab up to his house, it was soo much fun to drive. I also shaved the mouldings on the bumpers and shit. What knobs and switches are you talking about? I have the rear seat still.

Scooby Pilot
08-29-2005, 02:54 PM
all the dash stuff... like the dimmer control fo rthe interior blower swtuches. stuff liek that. yeah well the tranny went out in my car and I needed one really really bad so I coudl get to work so kudos to him lol

Bishop
08-29-2005, 02:56 PM
I'll check to see what i have

BTEC
08-29-2005, 03:06 PM
i read the whole post and i saw where has said his dad or parents pretty much paid for the car. i was joking about choking him in the front yard. ive never like my stepdad that much or my moms bf's back in the days thats y i made the joke.