PDA

View Full Version : Scratched windshield

On_Her_Face
08-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Does anybody know how it can be fixed or anybody that would just buff it out?

the scratch is not deep, i can barely feel it with my finger

markopolo311
08-13-2008, 11:16 AM
I've been told if it's deep enough to catch your fingernail it's too deep to buff out.

SixSquared
08-13-2008, 11:46 AM
try hitting it with glass polish and a buffer. I know there's a couple of products out there that are supposed to remove scratches from glass but I dunno how reputable they are. Call around to some detailing places or see if anyone on here works for a detailing place and see what they say is the only thing I can think of.. I've never had scratched glass before.

Elbow
08-13-2008, 11:54 AM
If it's not too deep you can buff it out. Call a good high end detail shop in your area.

Atlblkz06
08-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow, at least you didnt break it, so thats good news.

I dont know if buffing out a scratch on glass is possible if the scratch is deep.

You can polish out the scratch with some compound (cerium oxide or something) and a nice buffer. Check out the Porter Cable 7424 - good product!

On_Her_Face
08-14-2008, 03:22 PM
i called this lady named karen to come out and fix the windshield, she fixed all the scratches on the shield (about 3 of them) and the ones on my glass top for 100 bucks.. you can't even tell. if somebody needs her number just pm me for it, i would highly recommend her

btw thanks for all the advice