PDA

View Full Version : I need Vtec Help!!!

jdmda9
08-12-2008, 10:07 PM
so i got a 91 DA teg and i just swapped out the ls for a b17 gsr about a week ago. doing this swap, i just used my 0bd0 harness and used a pw0 obd0 ecu so that i wouldnt run into any major problems because as yall may kno, 92-93 gsr's come in obd1 and my DA is obd0. i also didnt want my engine bay to look like spagetti junction:lmfao: . but the only problem that i came to find was that i now have to figure out how to wire the vtec silinoid and im completely lost here. basically the way it looks now the silinoid is just there with three wires dangaling from it. this is where i need yall help. if you kno a web address where i can find the instructions on how to wire the silinoid, them lmk. i would grately appreciate it...:goodjob: :goodjob:

Motivation
08-12-2008, 10:10 PM
after dechipering your spelling, (jk) my suggestion is try honda-tech.com Sure they already have a thread posted about it

EmminoDaGreat
08-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Ya Honda-tech will give you a step by step, but if this helps (i dont recall pinouts to ecu off the top of my head) you need one wire from vtec pressure (the other is grounded) and one wire for the solenoid both ran to the ecu..

G.C
08-12-2008, 10:14 PM
vtec solenoid A4.

Green wire from pressure sensor d6

black wire from pressure sensor to Ground.

G.C
08-12-2008, 10:17 PM
http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/how-wire-vtec-40811/

site has picture and step by step instructions. hope this helped. Your going to need one big pin and one small one. go to junkyard cut wiring harness and stuff it in your pocket.

jdmda9
08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
thanx alot guys. im going to try and wire the setup tomorrow when i get outta class and if i need anymore help then ill just bump this thread.:cheers: :goodjob:

BTEC
08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
i got some old ecu pin outs. try pin a8 for ur solenoid (green wire), ground the black wire, and b5 for ur vtec oil pressure switch (dnt remember the color.

Krappy
08-12-2008, 11:40 PM
and when you're done with everything remember to top off your vtec fluid in order for it to crossover correctly...

bRiAnMcIvIcS
08-13-2008, 01:08 AM
and when you're done with everything remember to top off your vtec fluid in order for it to crossover correctly...

hehe.:lmfao: