PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Swap Question

xlilvi3tx
08-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I have a 99-00 Civic SI aftermarket exhaust. My question is would the catback from the SI fit a DC Integra or vice-versa? Any inputs would help. Thanks :goodjob:

SixSquared
08-12-2008, 11:42 PM
it should fit or be pretty damn close.. I know an EG civic one will fit a DC chassis not sure how much changing it would take to fit an EM/EK one. Get the DC off the ground and put the EM/EK one under it.. compare the way the DC exhaust runs compared to the way the EM/EK one does. I think the only reason they would have had to change it would be because of o2 sensor spots (you may have an extra o2 bung to close)

Krappy
08-12-2008, 11:49 PM
no it will not fit directly, but with modifications it can.... nothing a muffler shop cant do...

Krappy
08-12-2008, 11:50 PM
it should fit or be pretty damn close.. I know an EG civic one will fit a DC chassis not sure how much changing it would take to fit an EM/EK one. Get the DC off the ground and put the EM/EK one under it.. compare the way the DC exhaust runs compared to the way the EM/EK one does. I think the only reason they would have had to change it would be because of o2 sensor spots (you may have an extra o2 bung to close)
EG's and DC's are interchangable but DC's are not interchangable with 6th gen and vice versa without it being modded to fit...

jtaylor48
08-13-2008, 08:02 AM
You wanting to sell that si exhaust to me!!!

but it will take some slight modification. I think a few of the bends are different and that the axleback it longer on the coupe

SixSquared
08-13-2008, 11:44 AM
EG's and DC's are interchangable but DC's are not interchangable with 6th gen and vice versa without it being modded to fit...

good to know. Thanks. :goodjob:

xlilvi3tx
08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
thanks for all the help and im guessin the answer is no it wont fit lol

NAIZBST
08-13-2008, 08:16 PM
thanks for all the help and im guessin the answer is no it wont fit lol

with slight modification and exhaust hanger relocation it will work