PDA

View Full Version : Misc UFC 87

ShooterMcGavin
08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
anyone watching this tonight? got some good matchups, i'm pumped :D

alpine_aw11
08-09-2008, 03:28 PM
It's pay-per-view right? If it isn't then hell yea lol.

ShooterMcGavin
08-09-2008, 03:29 PM
yeah it's ppv, but that's what bars are for :D

ironchef
08-09-2008, 03:41 PM
My predictions:

Kenny Florian v Roger Huerta: Kenny
GSP vs Fitch: GSP
Lesner vs Herring: Lesner
Wilson vs Bruno: Bruno
Maia vs Macdonald: Maia
Gamburyan vs Emerson: Gamburyan cause hes a dirty guido.
Kongo vs Evensen: Kongo, cause I've never heard of Evensen lol

ShooterMcGavin
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
i'm picking huerta and herring :D

ironchef
08-10-2008, 12:08 AM
My predictions:

Kenny Florian v Roger Huerta: Kenny
GSP vs Fitch: GSP
Lesner vs Herring: Lesner
Wilson vs Bruno: Bruno
Maia vs Macdonald: Maia
Gamburyan vs Emerson: Gamburyan cause hes a dirty guido.
Kongo vs Evensen: Kongo, cause I've never heard of Evensen lolWell I was 5/7 right, that ain't bad. I should've put some money down, oh well.

BB6dohcvtec
08-10-2008, 12:18 AM
the lesnar fight was just brutal and even tho kenny won I still can't stand him.

alpine_aw11
08-10-2008, 12:32 AM
So what did the results end up being?

ueyedgr8tness
08-10-2008, 11:31 AM
the lesnar fight was just brutal and even tho kenny won I still can't stand him.

word on that:goodjob: I am glad my boy gsp still is champ and the show of class and respect after the fight is why i am a fan. And the brock L fight:cheers: I am glad he beat the shi* out of crazy gorse fag.also glad kongo won his fight,But i was looking for roger H to beat the damn shi* out of kenny F because i don't really like kenny:(

Mchnhead2k5
08-10-2008, 11:52 AM
The Lesnar-Herring fight is on youtube.

alpine_aw11
08-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Whether you like Kenny or not, he's got serious potential to hold the title one day. Gotta feel what Roger has been through, he's seen some ****.

ShooterMcGavin
08-10-2008, 12:27 PM
florian was far from impressive outside of the last min flurry in the final round...

Turbo Terrance
08-10-2008, 03:48 PM
The Lesnar-Herring fight is on youtube.

cant find it.... post a link...:goodjob:

ironchef
08-10-2008, 07:55 PM
cant find it.... post a link...:goodjob:That fight was a snoozefest, you didn't miss much.

Got Milk?
08-10-2008, 09:13 PM
here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgHoEcQiULI

Maniacc
08-10-2008, 09:18 PM
My dad recorded the fight since he's a UFC fan too. And since I got drunk last night I'm just now seeing it. The only fight I was looking forward to seeing was the kenny vs. Roger. It was an entertaining fight, really disappointed when I found out that kenny won. The GSP vs. Fitch was good. Lesner vs. Herring was okay, boring since Brock completely dominated the fight.

1CleanEg
08-10-2008, 10:05 PM
GSP ftw! Glad to see he is still champ, i wanna see him and Penn fight.

alpine_aw11
08-10-2008, 10:14 PM
GSP ftw! Glad to see he is still champ, i wanna see him and Penn fight.

Penn doesn't deserve to fight him. He needs to fight some good 170 lb fighters first. I personally think Fitch would kick Penn's ass and he got manhandled by GSP.

1CleanEg
08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
true. i really dont see anyone beating GSP right now. he just keeps getting better especially with his stand up.

Mchnhead2k5
08-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Lesner vs. Herring was okay, boring since Brock completely dominated the fight.

I was impressed that Lesnar came out with a flying knee and then almost knocked out Herring with a right jab. Lesnar is scary strong and improved a lot since his last quick fight against Frankie Mir. It seemed like Lesnar toyed with Wild Horse for most of the match. I haven't got around to watching Rush/Fitch fight yet though.

ueyedgr8tness
08-11-2008, 01:53 AM
I might be wrong but keep a eye out anyway. But i am not a huge fan of brock i just don't like heath H, But i really think brock is scared to get hit,and if he does get hit a couple of times i think u guy's might see a different brock than u been seeing. I really think he is lucky that alot of guy's kind of scared of him becaue he is such a big 260 but if any 1 ever stands in there and exchanges with him i think u will see his weak side.

ShooterMcGavin
08-11-2008, 08:19 AM
I was impressed that Lesnar came out with a flying knee and then almost knocked out Herring with a right jab. Lesnar is scary strong and improved a lot since his last quick fight against Frankie Mir. It seemed like Lesnar toyed with Wild Horse for most of the match. I haven't got around to watching Rush/Fitch fight yet though.
guy had herring practically knocked out from the get go, then had him in a full mount at one point, and had his back for at least half the fight and did NOTHING to win it. he's far from impressive. the only one i even think he "deserves" to fight is maybe kimbo slice, since they're both just a couple of brawlers and about the same size.

Mchnhead2k5
08-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Tito Ortiz in his earlier years in the UFC would just ground and pound the whole time instead of going into a submission. You have to take in acct that Brock is still learning the UFC "ropes" and that submitting is out of his comfort level. If he doesn't learn any BJJ submissions/defense he'll have a hard time against the top tier heavies in UFC. But I definitely agree that Brock had Herring's back numerous times and did not go for the rear naked choke. Then again he could have been trying to put on a show for his home crowd and was going for the KO. His lack of class needs to go, riding a horse and then roping it as well as pointing at Herring b/w the 2nd and 3rd round will get him a good beat down by a much more established fighter.

Got Milk?
08-11-2008, 07:33 PM
i found this short clip on youtube.

GOD DAMN!

Brock Lesnar Knocks Heath Herring

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcWKrCkd8Pk

Kyle
08-11-2008, 07:35 PM
We need UFC meets or something. There are so many people who watch on ia.

Gonna miss this one, closest place showing it is 40 miles away. :(

Mchnhead2k5
08-12-2008, 12:57 AM
what's scary on that youtube clip of him punching herring is that Brock doesn't really "wind up" to throw it. Just a straight punch from his shoulder that sends Herring head over heels.

9ussy
08-12-2008, 02:22 AM
GSP is the best in his weight class i don't think anyone can take him... but! better hope anderson silva don't drop down weight and take it from him.. i think it'll be a interesting fight tho...