PDA

View Full Version : Business Ideas

tony
08-28-2005, 03:31 PM
lets hear em

technoteg97
08-28-2005, 04:02 PM
...for what? a shop or something?..eh..just got in my head..so, just wondering is there a IA shop? :confused:

tony
08-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Anything.. I'm sure most people have a business they'd like to pursue.

Last year the thought of a shop set up sort of like quick lube came to mind, but the difference is anyone could come in, rent tools and a bay with a lift. Its something that is still in the back of my mind, its just the liability that is the road block

MachNU
08-28-2005, 06:51 PM
i have one but i am sure someone with some money and land would do it before me. so i wouldnt want to give away the idea

Danny
08-28-2005, 08:57 PM
cool idea tony, thats floating around in a millon peoples head though. i really dont see people sharing the bussiness ideas, any one got some good inventions they want to share?

I wish there was as shop to rent lift time, but ohh well, there isnt, just gotta stick to a floor jack and the occasional lift time i get from friends.

Danny
08-28-2005, 08:58 PM
ohh. and this is the second thread you have started trying to pick other peoples brains. What is it that you do?

tony
08-28-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm a technician for Bellsouth.. I've been there 6 years but I'm about to leave and start my own business. This kind of stuff goes through my mind all day long so I try to see if I'm the only one who thinks like this.

chmura
08-29-2005, 02:22 AM
I'm a technician for Bellsouth.. I've been there 6 years but I'm about to leave and start my own business. This kind of stuff goes through my mind all day long so I try to see if I'm the only one who thinks like this.

u r not the only one....

MachNU
08-29-2005, 02:25 PM
well my idea i would never have the money for so it would be to buy a piece of land up near mall of georgia get a small building built with a garage with a few lifts and what not and performance tools maybe a dyno and such and then have a shop there to where you can sell all theys aftermarktet parts you now kinda like a really nice NOPI store just a better selection of parts. Then a parking lot big enough to host some shows an devents there. But my idea would take alot of moneyt o get started......maybe i will win the lottery one day though :rolleyes:

tony
08-29-2005, 03:30 PM
well my idea i would never have the money for so it would be to buy a piece of land up near mall of georgia get a small building built with a garage with a few lifts and what not and performance tools maybe a dyno and such and then have a shop there to where you can sell all theys aftermarktet parts you now kinda like a really nice NOPI store just a better selection of parts. Then a parking lot big enough to host some shows an devents there. But my idea would take alot of moneyt o get started......maybe i will win the lottery one day though :rolleyes:

The lottery would take all of the fun out of it, honestly all you need is a good business plan, good credit, drive and determination.

I always complain to my neighbor about how theres nowhere to truly hang out for the import scene, he told me when he lived in Seattle there was an audio shop there that was a regular shop during the day but on friday and saturday nights they would open up the parking lot. Of course they would have a few off duty officers there to keep everyone in line but they would have a little area where you could do a burnout, and some other stuff. The cops didnt mind cause it kept the street racers off the street and in a remote area.

I think a place like that could do pretty well if it is done right. The friday and saturday nights were like free marketing for the business, people would love to have a place like that on the weekends and the name would be well known.

Honestly it sounds like you're selling yourself short, success is a mentality.. keep telling yourself you can't and you wont. Not many people start their business with their own money, they look for investors, loans or grants.

MachNU
08-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah i could probably pull it off but i figure it iwll be a thing i will jstu keep working on inthe years to come. Someone might take my idea and do it first but if not maybe some day i could get it off the ground but not anytime soon. But like you said it would make lots of buisness and would be a perfect place to hang out on friday and saturday nights.

tony
08-29-2005, 03:58 PM
i say go for it, how old are you?

MachNU
08-29-2005, 07:14 PM
being that i am 18 pretty much is what is holding me back. Also since i am going to college next year on a Buisness Administration degree i figured in about 5 years i would try my idea if no one else has done it so far....but the odds will be that someone will put this idea to use an ddo it. Either way........

Kristi
09-12-2005, 03:30 PM
i wanna open my own floral shop one day - my mom and i want to go into business together and have a flower-basket shop. she is great at making gift baskets and i love doing floral arrangements, etc. so we want to open a business together.

i am thinking about selling my house and using the money i make as start up cash, but i haven't decided yet.