PDA

View Full Version : f222b4

wantarace1
08-09-2008, 12:55 AM
how hard is it to swap a automatic to a 5 speed in a 91 accord and which motor should i go with, Keep the f22b4 and swap the head to a b6 or swap motor to a h22 not alot of money and this car is my dd. Please help my p.o.s. cb7 run in the 1/4 mile

DecoyOctopus
08-09-2008, 01:17 AM
any auto/manual converison is hard. but if youre broke just get a h22 head word on the street is that it fits the f series. i know a fellow with a f23 with h22 head swap in a del sol and he ****s with sti

wantarace1
08-09-2008, 01:22 AM
thanks i'm not broke just looking for a cheap sleeper to run at siverdollar

DeeAOne
08-09-2008, 01:24 AM
so you have a swapped motor because im pretty sure the f22b's only came in the 94-97 accord. could be wrong.

wantarace1
08-09-2008, 10:02 AM
sorry i meant f22a4 again sorry

FasTech
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I helped a friend with a auto-to-manual swap, and it wasn't to bad. More less a time consuming thing! Now if you have no idea how to do it, then yea its gonna be very hard. Took us about 3 days to swap a new motor w/the manual tranny and all the components for the manual tranny.

wantarace1
08-09-2008, 11:19 AM
well i have all the tools and i work at a transmission shop so i do know how its just that i drive this car to work everyday so i was wondering if i could do it in one weekend

NoWAyItZTOMmY
08-09-2008, 11:56 AM
any auto/manual converison is hard. but if youre broke just get a h22 head word on the street is that it fits the f series. i know a fellow with a f23 with h22 head swap in a del sol and he ****s with sti

yup true that. its called teh g23 and its a beast.

FasTech
08-09-2008, 03:03 PM
well i have all the tools and i work at a transmission shop so i do know how its just that i drive this car to work everyday so i was wondering if i could do it in one weekend

Well if you work at a transmission shop, Shouldn't you already know this? Aren't you supose to be the expert at this? But yeah it can be done in 2days unless you say to helL with it and quit for a day, which is what happened with us..lol

wantarace1
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
i was looking more for how hard it is to add a clutch and if i need to change ecu's never really swaped auto to manual on a fwd car swapped only rear wheel drive so this is really a new step for me and on that head swap would it work on a f22 cuz you said a f23?? also you anyone with a h22 head if that will work?

FasTech
08-09-2008, 10:51 PM
i was looking more for how hard it is to add a clutch and if i need to change ecu's never really swaped auto to manual on a fwd car swapped only rear wheel drive so this is really a new step for me and on that head swap would it work on a f22 cuz you said a f23?? also you anyone with a h22 head if that will work?

Ok, The clutch is simple! The bracket for the clutch lever is in the auto cars just like the manual cars, so all you need it the cluth lever itself... Pretty easy install. He changed the ECU because he also went with a non vtec-to-vtec swap, so it was a must in changing the ECU. But I'm still sure you need to change it anyway, I have heard of people running auto ECU's with 5-speeds though. Just get it right/do it right the first time! Get all your info and everything before you go turning wrench's or make sure you have someone that knows how to do this.. Will make things alot easier and you won't fuk up your daily driver.. G/l on whatever you decide to do.