PDA

View Full Version : questions about my 05 zx6r

integraguy06
08-09-2008, 12:53 AM
my FI light is on and im thinking that my fuel injectors are clogged...

one reason being when i go full throttle it takes a second and sometimes studders through the lower RPM's

im about to try putting seafoam into a full gas tank and ride it hard to hopefully clean them

does anyone know if this could be one of the reasons? or had a similiar problem before

Tech5
08-09-2008, 12:58 AM
might need a tune up!, could be many problems, coil,plug,injector which I doubt it....you need to take it to a shop to check it out...
my FI light is on and im thinking that my fuel injectors are clogged...

one reason being when i go full throttle it takes a second and sometimes studders through the lower RPM's

im about to try putting seafoam into a full gas tank and ride it hard to hopefully clean them

does anyone know if this could be one of the reasons? or had a similiar problem before

integraguy06
08-09-2008, 10:21 AM
alright thanks

dazn
08-09-2008, 12:07 PM
hows the idle? are the lights dim? mostly misses under medium to heavy load?
how many miles since plugs were changed.

cornercarver78
08-09-2008, 12:31 PM
you don't have a power commander do you?

JDM-95-Hatch
08-09-2008, 02:38 PM
get someone to check the codes since you are in marietta i would suggest marietta motorsports, i think most bikes store codes everytime that light comes on, when is the last time you changed the plugs?

integraguy06
08-09-2008, 04:05 PM
to be honest i bought the bike used and dont know the last time the plugs were changed...

also no i dont have a power comander...

and the idle when the bike is warm almost sounds smooth except every 10 seconds or so it does the studder thing... i have noticed lately that when i really go full throttle from low rpms it almost seems like there is some lag before the bike really gets going, when i go easy from low rpms it goes through the rpms well and smooth

JDM-95-Hatch
08-09-2008, 04:44 PM
i would change the plugs and also make sure the fuel line isnt kinked

integraguy06
08-10-2008, 01:34 PM
im not too knowledgeable on bikes as i am about cars so finding the fuel line shouldnt be too hard im assuming... but is there a place i can get plugs for cheaper than the dealer?

Tarzanman
08-10-2008, 08:46 PM
You can find spark plugs online, but unless you're buying more than 8, you won't save much money over the price in stores (because of shipping charges).

Only a couple of places carry spark plugs for my bike...dunno about yours.

JDM-95-Hatch
08-11-2008, 07:50 AM
shouldnt be too hard i always find mine at napa off cobb parkway, pull one out and they should be able to match it up, just check the dealership for the gapping specs, i would also suggest buying the clymer manual for it, tells you step by step how to take everything apart and anything else you would want to know on the bike

Cool Cat Racing
08-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Manual is a must for any bike owner as much of the maintenance can be done by you and save a lot of money. The FI light is just like your SES light on your car and comes on when you have a sensor problem. Check online as there is probably a way to check the codes yourself and a code table to tell you what it means, probably in the manual as well. Then you can fix it yourself or at least know if you feel comfortable doing so. Bikes aren't that different than cars in their systems, just packaging, so if you can work on your car you can work on your bike just the same if you have the right manuals.

integraguy06
08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Manual is a must for any bike owner as much of the maintenance can be done by you and save a lot of money. The FI light is just like your SES light on your car and comes on when you have a sensor problem. Check online as there is probably a way to check the codes yourself and a code table to tell you what it means, probably in the manual as well. Then you can fix it yourself or at least know if you feel comfortable doing so. Bikes aren't that different than cars in their systems, just packaging, so if you can work on your car you can work on your bike just the same if you have the right manuals.

true true... ya when i bought the bike it didnt come with the original owners manual so i need to get that as well just to have... but is there a website that has the manuals online so i can just like download it to my computer or whatever

Tarzanman
08-14-2008, 03:58 AM
Try all the ZX6R forums. There is probably a link somewhere to a pdf