PDA

View Full Version : damn, one helluva accident

ShooterMcGavin
08-08-2008, 06:19 PM
clowncars ftw?

DPS: 9 dead, 10 hurt in accident on SR 79 south of Florence

FLORENCE, AZ -- At least nine people were killed on an Arizona highway south of Phoenix Thursday, according to Department of Public Safety officer Carmen Figueroa.

Ten others were injured in the wreck along State Route 79, about 15 miles south of Florence.

Officials said 19 people were in a GMC Suburban when it went off the road about 7:45 a.m.

The SUV drove through a concrete wash, rolled over and landed on the roof, according to a report released by DPS Friday.

Investigators believe the person who was driving the vehicle survived the crash. They have not been able to interview him yet to confirm that.

All nine victims who died were 'foreign nationals' according to the report. It could be several days before family members of the people killed can be contacted.

Survivors were flown to hospitals in Phoenix and Tucson. Figueroa said all the victims were adults.

Two of the dead were women and the other seven were men, according to DPS spokesman Bart Graves.

At least three of the people injured were said to be in critical condition.

Judy Keane, a spokeswoman for Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix, also confirmed two survivors were treated there but could not give any information about their condition.

At this time, the cause of the collision is unknown, but speed and driver inattention appear to be early indicators, according to the DPS report.

Thursday, witnesses told officers that the Suburban was traveling at a high rate of speed when the driver lost control and the vehicle went off the road.

No other vehicles were involved in the accident, according to Graves.

BKgen®
08-08-2008, 06:22 PM
one helluva repost!

SixSquared
08-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I only had to read the bolded words. Nuff said.

ShooterMcGavin
08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
one helluva repost!
at least my facts were straight, halfbaked said 18 :tongue1:

Echonova
08-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Having lived in Tucson until I became temporarily insane and moved back to Georgia. This was an everyday thing... My girlfriend (who lived in Bisbee at the time) had a ranch which 3 miles of the southern fence bordered Mexico. I had to repair that fence every day, ask me how many Muslim prayer rugs I found...

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Having lived in Tucson until I became temporarily insane and moved back to Georgia. This was an everyday thing... My girlfriend (who lived in Bisbee at the time) had a ranch which 3 miles of the southern fence bordered Mexico. I had to repair that fence every day, ask me how many Muslim prayer rugs I found...
ok how many?

BKgen®
08-09-2008, 09:01 AM
how many Muslim prayer rugs did you find?

PURP
08-09-2008, 09:05 AM
this many..[ ]

BanginJimmy
08-09-2008, 09:48 AM
contact the mexicans and have them sent to a mexican hospital. That way we dont have to pay for their sorry asses.

Echonova
08-09-2008, 10:37 AM
LOL, I should have seen that coming...

I stopped counting after 20.

ShooterMcGavin
08-09-2008, 11:39 AM
i didn't realize there were so many islamic mexicans...

Echonova
08-09-2008, 11:54 AM
i didn't realize there were so many islamic mexicans...
LOL, after 9/11 they became minimally stricter about giving a visa and watching flights. So they just flew to Mexico instead and walked across like everyone else. No paper trail, no nothing to track them.

The upside is I doubt they are here to drop an anchor baby and ride the welfare train.

ShooterMcGavin
08-09-2008, 01:41 PM
LOL, after 9/11 they became minimally stricter about giving a visa and watching flights. So they just flew to Mexico instead and walked across like everyone else. No paper trail, no nothing to track them.

The upside is I doubt they are here to drop an anchor baby and ride the welfare train.

yeah but the downside is they're probably here to drop a dirty bomb or ride a train into the whitehouse...

Leadfoot_mf
08-09-2008, 01:44 PM

i love optimism :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
^^^you're still alive?

Specsteve
08-10-2008, 02:39 AM
LOL, I should have seen that coming...

I stopped counting after 20.

Are you serious though..??

that is scary if you are being serious. Nothing against islamics, but it sounds like some terrorists might be sneaking in like the everyone else, like conservatives have been saying for years.

I honestly (and ignorantly...please excuse me haha) just figured that was a political stragedy to keep illegial hispanics out of the this country by scaring Americans by saying terrorirsts were sneaking in.

I hope that made sense, and I apologize for spelling errors, Im really drunk lol

either way shiit is crazy! Sorry to be off topic

_Christian_
08-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Mexicans don't play around when it comes to carpooling.

Echonova
08-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Are you serious though..?? Dead serious. It's not just something the "evil Bush administration" just made up..

Mexicans don't play around when it comes to carpooling.Hell naw, One night we were heading back to her ranch in my CRX, slowed down for the cattle guard and 50 (seemed like) illegals came running up grabbing at the door handles thinking we were their pick-up... How many burrito eaters ya gonna fit in a F-ing CRX???? They wanted to see untill the .45 came out. :eek: They could have taken the gold medal with that 50 yard dash...:lmfao::lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
08-10-2008, 12:28 PM
gas prices affect everyone it seems :lmao:

slostang
08-10-2008, 02:19 PM

they love the enviroment.