PDA

View Full Version : Vet bills!!!

Killer
08-08-2008, 09:44 AM
It's official, i want to be a vet!!!!!

just took my dog, cause he's breaking out in some weird rash/bites or something.....

and in less than 30 min i have a 200 vet bill!!!!!! i mean that's just ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's like almost 7.00 a minute (rounded up)

mocha latte cupcake
08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
you know there is such thing as animal insurance right?

also... sorry about j00r puppy

BKgen®
08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
the doctor gets like 40-50 just to walk into the exam room.

i used to work at a vet.

Hulud
08-08-2008, 09:47 AM
lol yea but whats the point of animal insurance, by the time you decide you need it your animal already has history making it so much more expensive

ShooterMcGavin
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
that's why you eat your animals instead of taking them to the doctor...

Killer
08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
i'm def gonna look into pet ins... i've spent so much money on him in the last two years!!!

which remind me.. it's his birfday today!!! he's 2yrs old exactly!!!

redrumracer
08-08-2008, 10:28 AM
that's why you eat your animals instead of taking them to the doctor...
must be korean :ninja:

Hulud
i'm def gonna look into pet ins... i've spent so much money on him in the last two years!!!
honestly you probably wont find any insurance that will be worth the money. he already has plenty of pre-existing conditions but i guess still check it out you never know

perfect age for eating, ask wayne

ShooterMcGavin
:yumyum: dogbq tonight?

Hulud
must be korean :ninja:
chinese, but they all look the same... :ninja:

SlowsterCivy
08-08-2008, 10:32 AM

Happy birfday to him!:bump: What kind of dog is he? And how much would you say you have spent on him in vet bills in the 2 years you've had him?

Motivation
08-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I am dreading taking my pup to the vet. Got to get her rabies shots and everything... Know there will be plenty more trips so guess I better save up for them.

Killer
08-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Happy birfday to him!:bump: What kind of dog is he? And how much would you say you have spent on him in vet bills in the 2 years you've had him?

he's a rednose!!! thanks for the bday wishes... sucks he had to go to the vet on his bday...

and hell, idk... close to a grand easy i'd say...

just before christmas i spent around 600 taking him to diff vets cause he had a problem with his tail (smacked and broke it on something and it never healed right.. then got worse..)

then there's all the medications... and bandages i had to keep buying for the tail... before that it was some crazy stomach problem so i had to get him checked out and put on basically puppybismol!!! lol (he had diarrhea bad!!) just your typical check ups and getting him fixed... then like today i spent 175 on him.. .(woulda been 200 but i had credit at the vet from an overcharge last time he visited...)

so yeah, to anyone thinking about having kids.. and aren't sure if you're ready.. get a puppy.... it's life changing!!!!

vet bills, dog food, boarding... i get to bring him to work with me though.. so that's cool... but anyways.. HUGE RESPONSIBILITY!!!

DJ Maestro
08-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I have two dogs myself. One is four and the other is two. Between the two of them I have spent close to $2,000 in vet bills in the last 4 years. This thread just reminded me that they are both due for yearly exams and shots. Total bill for that = $275.00 :doh:

They're worth every penny of it though. :goodjob:

Killer
08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I have two dogs myself. One is four and the other is two. Between the two of them I have spent close to $2,000 in vet bills in the last 4 years. This thread just reminded me that they are both due for yearly exams and shots. Total bill for that = $275.00 :doh:

They're worth every penny of it though. :goodjob:

yeah man, i don't know what i'd do with out my pup!!! def worth it.. just sucks when cash is tight... i mean, i would force myself to not go to the dr if i was hurt.. in pain...

but i can't let my lil buddy sit there in pain especially since he can't communicate to tell me if it's real bad or not!!! lol