PDA

View Full Version : Defensive driving course hook up?

BUGMAN
08-07-2008, 04:26 PM
So the judge told me this morning that I have 30 days to take a defensive driving course since I have had 4 tickets in 4 years.

Even though one was 68 in a 55, One was a red light camera, one was a seat belt and this one was speeding 63 in a 55.

So anyone know anyone in this type of work anywhere near the Athens, Gwinnett or Walton County areas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SOHC MONSTER
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Wow. Does that even add up to even half the points you can get? best bet is to look it up in the yellow pages. I know they are everywhere in my area.

yogi08
08-07-2008, 04:45 PM
defensive driving is fun, actually. all you do is sit and listen to him speak about the book. then watch a movie for an hour. then take the 10 question test. if you pass, you get the certificate. its all human knownledge stuff.

SOHC MONSTER
08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
defensive driving is fun, actually. all you do is sit and listen to him speak about the book. then watch a movie for an hour. then take the 10 question test. if you pass, you get the certificate. its all human knownledge stuff.

I wouldnt know... I slept through the class.

yogi08
08-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I wouldnt know... I slept through the class.
i fell asleep for a brief second, because the classroom was so fawking cold. but we had 3 people in the class... so he would of noticed me sleeping thru the whole thing.

Hulud
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
So the judge told me this morning that I have 30 days to take a defensive driving course since I have had 4 tickets in 4 years.

Even though one was 68 in a 55, One was a red light camera, one was a seat belt and this one was speeding 63 in a 55.

So anyone know anyone in this type of work anywhere near the Athens, Gwinnett or Walton County areas?

Thanks in advance for any help.
quck question, how the hell do you get a ticket for 8 over? :thinking:

was it in a construction zone or something? cause cops arent supposed to give tickets in Ga for less that 10 over.

also defensive driving is not bad at all. just do it and report it to your insurance company to save some money since youve gotten so many tickets

FasTech
08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Damn, I remember my buddy had to take that and a DUI course!!!! It was funny, dropping him off....lol But he got a major break, Wrecked a suv into a ditch and all he got was those two course's and a $200 and something ticket. Got to keep his liscense.

Double_0_Rusty
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Hey Chris, I think there is a place out on Atl Hwy in Athens, right beside Zaxby's at the Mall. Also I think there is one near Athens Chevrolet, right beside that Chinese resturant......hope this helps any.

mike's02ls1
08-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Damn Chris where did you get caught at? I see GSP on 316 between hwy 53 and hwy 11. Knock on wood I speed down hwy 11 and havent seen no cops doing radar, or even traveling down the road.

tdurr
08-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Taggerts.com, thats where i took the class. Its $75 if court ordered/related and $30 if your just taking it for insurance. Also, I was told that you can get pulled over for 4 over now? Not sure if it is true, but its what i heard.
T-durr

IndianStig
08-08-2008, 02:22 AM
PM me.
seventy
five
dolla

I will likely need a few references. from this site or ppl that me and you mutually know off the site which will be hard to guage since i have never met you.

SixSquared
08-08-2008, 04:31 AM
I know there's one offered in Athens cause I had to take it a few years ago... I wanna say it's offered at like St. Mary's or some random place like that...

ueyedgr8tness
08-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I have went 2 times and its very easy and there seems to be some real hot a$$ girls in every 1 i went to, GRab a$$ in class ftw!!

OH!! and i went to snellville.

yogi08
08-08-2008, 08:46 AM
You can take the course at any DUI class.

ruah_23
08-08-2008, 11:57 AM
There's one near langley drive.Close to ron's auto shop

Or if u wanna go somewhere north,there's one in Buford..Where the DUnkin donuts are..accross from sr23.

IndianStig
08-08-2008, 12:04 PM
There's one near langley drive.Close to ron's auto shop

Or if u wanna go somewhere north,there's one in Buford..Where the DUnkin donuts are..accross from sr23.

that one has the most inbred ****'s running it. im sorry, i hate to be racist but i will call that dumb b!tch who was munching on fried chicken a **** due to her pure stupidity. never go to A-1!

like i said PM me, i can get it to you w/out the class and it is 100% legit!

matthewAPM
08-08-2008, 12:05 PM
woohoo i gotta take this before november 7th!

IndianStig
08-08-2008, 12:10 PM

call me matt!

BUGMAN
08-11-2008, 04:18 PM

City of Monroe cop on Hwy 78. No traffic, construction zone or anythine else. He was really nice and so was I but really confused when he actually wrote me a ticket fot it.

BUGMAN
08-11-2008, 04:23 PM

You get it and I don't I am gonna come kick you in the nutz Sir. JK :D

DieselNuts
08-11-2008, 08:00 PM
man, none of those tickets are as bad as my best one....I wish I could be so lucky. What cars were you in when you got the 2 speeding tickets? Oh, and there is a Tagarts Driving School directly in front of my work in Tucker. I know there are plenty closer to you, but I just thought I would throw that out there.

Leadfoot_mf
08-11-2008, 09:01 PM

was it in a construction zone or something? cause cops arent supposed to give tickets in Ga for less that 10 over.

also defensive driving is not bad at all. just do it and report it to your insurance company to save some money since youve gotten so many tickets
wrong. that applies to radar and does not apply to gsp. gsp can give you a ticket for 1 mph over. try em. lol

BUGMAN
08-11-2008, 10:42 PM
gsp can give you a ticket for 1 mph over. try em. lol

This is true.

However my wife got a ticket for 55 in a 50 on Ronald Reagan Parkway by a Gwinnett County Cop. I didn't think they could do that but apparently they can. :(

BUGMAN
08-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Anyone else? :???: