PDA

View Full Version : CYP Sensor Problem.

JDMirza
08-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Im using a PR4(obd0) ecu, on a b20b motor. My problem is that my CYP sensor inside the dizzy is bad, and it's throwing cel#9, im guessing that the sensor is messed up. I don't know if I should've used any octane or fuel injector bull$hit cleaners or whatever in my gas tank, could that be the problem why my sensor went bad ?

The car idles around 200-500, i tried reseting my ecu but when the car warms up it does the same problem, and sometimes it just shuts off. Replacing the CYP sensor will fix the problem ?

PS: It also bogs, like cuts off in a small mili second after 3.1k rev, and then just launches me back. When the car is cold it runs normal.

Reps are awarded.

dorin48
08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Im using a PR4(obd0) ecu, on a b20b motor. My problem is that my CYP sensor inside the dizzy is bad, and it's throwing cel#9, im guessing that the sensor is messed up. I don't know if I should've used any octane or fuel injector bull$hit cleaners or whatever in my gas tank, could that be the problem why my sensor went bad ?

Yes the sensor is bad and no cleaners will not help.

The car idles around 200-500, i tried reseting my ecu but when the car warms up it does the same problem, and sometimes it just shuts off. Replacing the CYP sensor will fix the problem ?

Absolutely possible, the cyp sensor controls ignition timing. That would explain the low idle and the miss described below.

PS: It also bogs, like cuts off in a small mili second after 3.1k rev, and then just launches me back. When the car is cold it runs normal.

Reps are awarded.

One problem being is you cant buy them new unless you get the whole distributor from honda = ouch. Time to hit up a junk yard. Also if the swap was completed recently i would just double check your wiring to the distrbutor. gl :goodjob:

grady156
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
My car was throwing code 9 after the swap to. I changed my dizzy and no luck. So I ran two wires out from the pin on my ecu to the dizzy wires and it fixed it! Also my car never had any idling issues or anything while it was throwing code 9. I read somewhere the if the CYP sensor isnt working it just uses the TDC sensor instead as like a backup. Good luck!