PDA

View Full Version : Barret Pkwy....

The Yousef
03-20-2005, 12:27 AM
forgive me for asking this (i'm a n00b)....

I've read around here and there seems to be a common consensus that most people on here don't like Barrett Pkwy(or i'm just totally wrong...if so i'm retarded and forgive me)...i'm just curious why? Last summer i went to a couple times they were atleast 40+ cars there on saturday/sunday nights at the Gaylan's shopping center...

thanks,
yousef

CiViCCuTie
03-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Cops and some of the people up there are douches...

HyPer50
03-20-2005, 01:38 AM
I believe most of it is just the tons of cops that people don't like. I'm up there every weekend, and could careless what people think of me because of it... I just dont see any need to drive far from home just to hang out with a small group of car guys.. I mean, up on Barrett, there are some ricers.. but hey, thats just entertainment for us. Them trying to make the Galyans parking lot there own drift course, and seeing security chase em down.

ct9a gsr
03-20-2005, 04:30 AM
I live on Barrett Parkway... there's lots of nice 'n cool people to talk to and hang out with around here... but there's your more-than-generous fair share of bad apples on Barrett... refer to my thread as an example:

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=1884

quickdodgeŽ
03-20-2005, 09:02 AM
some of the people up there are douches...

Some? I haven't came across one that wasn't. Barrett has always been known as the place to go if Pep Boys is your sponsor. I've been tuning for 8 years and lowriding for 8 years previous to that and even then it was Barrett for the wannabees. Later, QD.

chuck
03-20-2005, 09:31 AM
not to mention the risk of taking yourself and your vehicle down there with 1,000 knuckleheads driving like a group of baby monkeys. i lived over in some apartments behind the steak n shake there and almost every night i went out i saw some little fender bender, and to make it worse and these moronic high schoolers are getting motorcycles down there, i think its only a matter of time before someone dies one weekend...i hated living there and having to constantly drive with those idiots every night. if one of those idiots hit my truck i would have run their damn car over.

superboost
03-20-2005, 09:47 AM
its a decent place to hang out, but you do get alot of immature people. As everyone was saying before, the fact that some people drive like morons and endanger others is whats really annoying. the last time I parked there, I made sure to park away from everyone else, yet this brainless douche in his fart cannoned accord still nearly smacked into my car parked at the far end of the galyans lot....whilst he attempted to do a drift...Ugggh. I try not to drive that night if I'm headed up there.

djsaltine
03-20-2005, 08:57 PM
I had a friend that did die down there about 7yrs ago. When I was younger 15/16, it was a 'cool' place to hang. Tons more cars back then. Too many stupid people though. I'm glad I matured faster than most and didn't do idiotic things.

The Yousef
03-20-2005, 09:34 PM
okay thanks for the responses...i live in woodstock so barrett is right up 575 from me...it is completely understandable the whole immaturity aspect of it...

yousef

HyPer50
03-20-2005, 11:52 PM
okay thanks for the responses...i live in woodstock so barrett is right up 575 from me...it is completely understandable the whole immaturity aspect of it...

yousef

Basically, if you go up there, just use your head... I mean, I'm not gonna lie, there are a few areas out there where I get on it (not in the populated areas), but there are some dumbasses who will go flying through anywhere, which is why you see quite a bit of fender benders, particularly around I-75. As for hanging out... just go to Galyans, park next to a curb or better yet, a tree, sit back, talk to some of the decent folks out there and laugh at the jackasses. And if ya happen to see a red GT with HAHAHA on the third brake light, thats muah.

brads94accord
03-20-2005, 11:53 PM
i am up there every weekend just about, I live right off of barrett. I have been going to barrett since i was like 16. a lot of people have a lot of negative stuff to say about it. yes, there are a lot of ricers up there and its funny talking shit to them cause they think they know a ton about cars but really know nothing. But it can be entertaining watching them almost run into each other in the parking lot. we usually tend to stay away from all them and mind our own business. Most of the time we just hang out at starbucks cause not too many people go there anymore. All the ricers and dumbasses stay away from starbucks now for some reason. I remember back in the day when people would hang out at costco and i remember those nights when the starbucks parking lot would be packed all the way down to davids bridal. but anyways I don't really have a problem with it. I am up there every friday and saturday night with chnco, halfbaked, auxiliary, and ryno

The Yousef
03-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Basically, if you go up there, just use your head... I mean, I'm not gonna lie, there are a few areas out there where I get on it (not in the populated areas), but there are some dumbasses who will go flying through anywhere, which is why you see quite a bit of fender benders, particularly around I-75. As for hanging out... just go to Galyans, park next to a curb or better yet, a tree, sit back, talk to some of the decent folks out there and laugh at the jackasses. And if ya happen to see a red GT with HAHAHA on the third brake light, thats muah.

awesome...if i see you up there..i'll say 'hello'

Shawna
03-21-2005, 10:27 AM
We are out there a lot and Ive been hanging out since b4 I could drive and its changed a lot from a couple yrs ago youve got a lot of "Daddy got me this awsome car look at what it can do" as it hits the curb. Youve also have a lot of people that have died there I had that I knew pull out a gun and run a car full of guys down b/c he didnt like what they were saying about him...he ended up shooting them...SOOOO its cool if you can find your own spot to hangout but you have to deal with a lot of BS

auxiliary
03-21-2005, 10:33 AM
barret hasn't really been cool like the past year. It's really gone down hill, I guess the cops have done a good job at driving everyone out.

It's mostly just jack asses that know shit about cars. it is fun, however....to go up there and just BS with each other especially if you can find someone that also finds the humor in barret. Plus every once and a while something cool will show up. Twin turbo z06, LS1 powered RX7, turbo busa, shit like that. Just gotta be there at the right time

RUSH
03-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Some? I haven't came across one that wasn't. Barrett has always been known as the place to go if Pep Boys is your sponsor. I've been tuning for 8 years and lowriding for 8 years previous to that and even then it was Barrett for the wannabees. Later, QD.

???
Well then your not finding the right group to chill with I suppose!
Yeah there are some idiots all over barrett, but thats like any where you go, all you got to do is find the nicer(not ricer) cars....they are usualy the ones that know whats going on!

chnco
03-21-2005, 02:33 PM

You are clueless.

quickdodgeŽ
03-21-2005, 02:35 PM
I hear ya. Later, QD.

The Yousef
02-16-2007, 12:01 AM
holy crap!!!

i got bored and started to look through my old thread and found this...this was one of my first threads (before the server crash)...AND I WAS POLITE AND RESPECTFUL!!!

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH....

2 years later look at me now!

:lmfao:

:lmao:

RandomGuy
02-16-2007, 12:17 AM
lol when hte served crashed and i PMed bretts old ass like wtf mate whats going on lol so i put brett down under the "referall" bc he told me to... i asked what does it do... he said he didnt know

Lucky DAWG
02-16-2007, 06:05 AM

thats very true.
i went there one time and they thought it was a prelude, and then when i corrected them they were like WOW IS THERE A SUPRA ENGINE IN THAT???

i just humored them and was like yea dude, i'm putting down 600rwhp...:lmfao:

barrett is prob the closest meeting place to my house, and even though there is prob some cool people, my experience has been douchebag civic owners who slap a body kit and mufflers on and think they are the shit.

and they don't go to gaylan's (dicks) anymore, cops came there too much, now they go to the walmart :rolleyes:

Sol-Badguy
02-16-2007, 06:14 AM
thats very true.
i went there one time and they thought it was a prelude, and then when i corrected them they were like WOW IS THERE A SUPRA ENGINE IN THAT???

i just humored them and was like yea dude, i'm putting down 600rwhp...:lmfao:

barrett is prob the closest meeting place to my house, and even though there is prob some cool people, my experience has been douchebag civic owners who slap a body kit and mufflers on and think they are the shit.

and they don't go to gaylan's (dicks) anymore, cops came there too much, now they go to the walmart :rolleyes:
Yeah, only now there's two sections.

Further away from the building are where the imports meet.
Closer, the rednecks in their trucks meet.

It's really sad.

Sol-Badguy
02-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Damn, double post.

B16a2 Civic
02-16-2007, 08:14 AM
fuck outta here Noob, you'll never make it on IA

candy2082002
02-16-2007, 08:22 AM
YEAH!!!!...oh wait he has more posts then I do, does that mean I am still a noob? lol jk :no: :( :cry:

Leadfoot_mf
02-16-2007, 10:09 AM
holy crap!!!

i got bored and started to look through my old thread and found this...this was one of my first threads (before the server crash)...AND I WAS POLITE AND RESPECTFUL!!!

RICER

Jecht
02-16-2007, 10:24 AM
I've been up to Wal-Mart where everybody sticks around now. Honestly, I will never go again. When I drive up and the first words I hear from someone is to "spin those wheels a little" and "do a burnout and my girlfriend will show you her tits", I don't think I'll be going again. Too many rednecks and people who beat the shit out of their nice cars.

candy2082002
02-16-2007, 10:29 AM
I've been up to Wal-Mart where everybody sticks around now. Honestly, I will never go again. When I drive up and the first words I hear from someone is to "spin those wheels a little" and "do a burnout and my girlfriend will show you her tits", I don't think I'll be going again. Too many rednecks and people who beat the shit out of their nice cars.

they dont really do that do they???????

XHAOS
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
titties eh? but yeah, barrett pkwy is horrible, its just retarded teenager central.

Hiro
02-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Too much drama. Ex-boyfriend and his current girlfriend. She sent me an e-mail asking me why I was trying to make her jealous and to back off (I hugged his car.) If I'm going to a car meet, I'm going for the cars and people who I can freely talk to. Barrett's too close to home for me.

ShooterMcGavin
02-19-2007, 02:11 PM
holy crap!!!

was ur lude already pink then?

Ran
02-19-2007, 03:05 PM
was ur lude already pink then?Nah, the paint hadn't completely faded yet. :lmfao:

devin
02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
barrett pkwy. sucks.