PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer RalliArt Finally a Lancer that Doesn't Suck

AlanŽ
08-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Mitsubishi has made up for the crimes it perpetrated on enthusiasts with the last two generations of the Lancer Ralliart. In atonement for its sins, it's fitted the new Ralliart with a detuned version of the 4B11T pulled from the Evolution X, producing 235 hp and an unknown amount of torque. Additionally, Mitsubishi has decided to fit the Twin Clutch-SST transmission, pulled from the high-power and high-priced Evo X MR. The TC-SST clicks off the shifts through a set of steering wheel mounted paddles and sends power to a full-time all-wheel-drive system equipped with Mitsubishi's Active Center Differential (ACD).

The exterior is so reminiscent of the Ralliart's big Evolved brother that we're sure it'll be mistaken for the X and in addition to the absolutely boss Recaro buckets, the interior materials and amenities seem several notches above its base brethren.

On a personal note: As the guy that berated the Lancer ES in our recent Garage review, when the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart goes on sale this summer, I'll be one of the first ones in line. It's obvious that the Ralliart is aimed squarely at Subaru's WRX and if they can keep the price around the Subie's (about $25k), the Ralliart stands as one of the performance bargains of the decade. And just think of the mods....

If I could get one I would :goodjob:

DieselNuts
08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
nice, so is this thing gonna have the same potential as the EVO? If so, that was probably a bad move on Mitsu's part...

tdurr
08-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Thats wut it sounds like^^ , if it comes 5speed, no1 will buy the evo x.
T-durr

Oz10
08-06-2008, 01:27 PM
that needs to be lowered! lol

DieselNuts
08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Thats wut it sounds like^^ , if it comes 5speed, no1 will buy the evo x.
T-durr
check it

Additionally, Mitsubishi has decided to fit the Twin Clutch-SST transmission, pulled from the high-power and high-priced Evo X MR. The TC-SST clicks off the shifts through a set of steering wheel mounted paddles :

Jecht
Repost, I posted this a LOOONNNGGG time ago.

DieselNuts
that needs to be lowered! lol
thats what you're for :goodjob:

OTG Signs
08-06-2008, 01:35 PM
nice, so is this thing gonna have the same potential as the EVO? If so, that was probably a bad move on Mitsu's part...

It's FWD there chieftain. At least, that was there original idea.

smokinace
08-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Might just be me.....but it kinda looks like a mazda 6 from that angle.....still pretty hawt thow!

Crazy Asian
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Ralliart is AWD, single scroll turbo, not like like the EVO which has twin scroll, it's missing the AYC, shocks are different, better MPG, different front bumper, and I think hood.

So basically it's made for the Street, not the Track like the EVO.

alpine_aw11
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
EWWWWW STREET GLOW FTL!!!

Car looks nice though. I remember they had an old ralli art in the MOG and I was drooling over it when I was a kid.

Bruce Leroy
08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
I'd save fro a extra few months and just get an evo.

The ralliarts narrow fenders suck so bad
evo>ralliart
http://carrito.net/sss2/TRIPLES2-202.JPG

AlanŽ
08-06-2008, 02:09 PM
It's FWD there chieftain. At least, that was there original idea.
Actually it's AWD Super Street had a better article.

JITB
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I'd save fro a extra few months and just get an evo.

The ralliarts narrow fenders suck so bad
evo>ralliart
http://carrito.net/sss2/TRIPLES2-202.JPG

i mean who wouldnt... BUT i like the idea of a cheaper model..

id take the ralliart....if i was lookin at a wrx-sti-evo-ralliart

Kaiser
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
As WRX is to STi, Ralliart is to Evo. That's how it should always have been. And I have heard that this is going to have the same five speed/TC-SST combination the Evo's have. Guess we'll see soon enough.

2turbo4u
08-06-2008, 04:44 PM
hey it's like the old DSM, they had the GSX all wheel drive and the GST front wheel drive.

tdurr
08-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Additionally, Mitsubishi has decided to fit the Twin Clutch-SST transmission, pulled from the high-power and high-priced Evo X MR. The TC-SST clicks off the shifts through a set of steering wheel mounted paddles :

reading>you dieselnuts

a paddle shift isnt a 5speed wit a foot clutch.
T-durr

JITB
08-06-2008, 08:21 PM
hey it's like the old DSM, they had the GSX all wheel drive and the GST front wheel drive.

no its not ralli art is awd also.

IndianStig
08-07-2008, 02:21 AM
def want one of these!

RL...
08-07-2008, 02:24 AM
very nice....way better than a wrx...

AnthonyF
08-07-2008, 07:43 AM
I love the new lancers. I wanted the EVOX but it's too expensive and it'll drop to half of that in 2 years after u purchase it.

-Ant.

r0bb86
08-07-2008, 07:51 AM
I love the new lancers. I wanted the EVOX but it's too expensive and it'll drop to half of that in 2 years after u purchase it.
-Ant.
So an evo after two years is worth 15k? :thinking:

Funny, I got 22k for my IX after almost 3years and 50k miles and that was trade in price from a dealership to get an evo x. Not bad to think I bought the car for 32k.

10k down in 3years seems decent to me in contrast to most other automobile manufacturers.

Guess I lucked out.

OTG Signs
08-07-2008, 08:06 AM

Funny, I got 22k for my IX after almost 3years and 50k miles and that was trade in price from a dealership to get an evo x. Not bad to think I bought the car for 32k.

10k down in 3years seems decent to me in contrast to most other automobile manufacturers.

Guess I lucked out.

$10k in three years!? Ouch!

AnthonyF
08-07-2008, 08:17 AM

Guess I lucked out.

Here, lemme sum this up for you. Buying a Mitsu Lancer Evo is just as smart as buying a brand new Honda or BMW. The value drops like none other. Also, the buyer market for an EVO is smaller than most other cars.

-Ant.