Pikachu
08-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Airsoft- must be serious guns too (Full/semi auto rifles) that shoot 400fps+
much cheaper to play, bb's are way cheaper than paintballs
It's fun
Hurts a lil bit depending on where u get shot

Paintball- must be good guns as well something equal to or better than a
tippman 98 custom
expensive ammo, paintballs arent cheap man, gotta buy gas too..
It's fun
hurts pretty bad

discuss.....

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk374/dspd204/mp5%20and%20gsg5%20stuff/MP5.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/jpskidmore/PAintball.jpg

Catnip
08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I like shooting people with both.

mocha latte cupcake
08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
airsoft - i took a BB to the jugular @ 20 feet i vowed to never play again.... that is after i shot him point blank in the ass....

paintball - something about marbles flying @ my @ subsonic speeds has always scared me, however there was that one time... but we won't talk about it its too traumatic...

4dmin
08-06-2008, 10:27 AM
paintball - better following and it is a real sport (speed ball rules)

Turbo Terrance
08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I only paintballed twice with my cousins in SC.........talk about dirty.........Pump(me) vs Automatics(them)

Zeeb
08-06-2008, 10:49 AM
paintball ftw. but that gun you have is gay... drop fowards FTL.

5 Speedball and X ball is where its at.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i250/tdfrob/300edit.jpg
http://myspace-280.vo.llnwd.net/00992/08/21/992201280_l.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/rkjosh/DSC_0035.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/lilJJ187/vegas2.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/derlander/DSE_0765.jpg

collins
08-06-2008, 10:50 AM
airsoft - i took a BB to the jugular @ 20 feet i vowed to never play again.... that is after i shot him point blank in the ass....

paintball - something about marbles flying @ my @ subsonic speeds has always scared me, however there was that one time... but we won't talk about it its too traumatic...

lol u talkin about our antics infront of your grandmothers house? lololol

DJ Maestro
08-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I have played both, but have to say I enjoyed paintball much more than airsoft. I played paintball for close to 15 years and only last year sold the last of my stuff and retired from the sport. It was damn fun man. The speedball, the tournaments, the friends....it was all great. Airsoft has really become a little kids game these days unless you find yourself at a sanctioned scenario style game, and even then there are too many damn little kids playing. Very annoying. It's alot like COD4 on Xbox Live....kid, you're 12, stfu and gtfo! :goodjob:

Zeeb
08-06-2008, 11:57 AM
I have played both, but have to say I enjoyed paintball much more than airsoft. I played paintball for close to 15 years and only last year sold the last of my stuff and retired from the sport. It was damn fun man. The speedball, the tournaments, the friends....it was all great. Airsoft has really become a little kids game these days unless you find yourself at a sanctioned scenario style game, and even then there are too many damn little kids playing. Very annoying. It's alot like COD4 on Xbox Live....kid, you're 12, stfu and gtfo! :goodjob:
Yea paintball is a great life. So fun, traveling, friends, tournaments. Man... It just cost so much to play, I retired last year too from my 8 year career :D

4dmin
08-06-2008, 12:08 PM
the cost is astronomical - one of the only sports that has consumables - i used to drop 200$ in a weekend playing speedball/xball

game was cheap when it first came out rocking vm68, tippmann, spyder, etc... but running high end electro markers just ruins the game from a $$$ perspective. Last gun i rocked was an up'd Nerve. i miss my bush master + chaos board though = rapeage!!!

DJ Maestro
08-06-2008, 12:33 PM
I rocked the VM68 Magnum back in the day. Twin air tanks FTW!! :goodjob:

Zeeb
08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
The most I ever spent was like 100 bucks a weekend, then when we started getting sponsorships and free field passes i started only paying 20 bucks for a whole day.

RandomGuy
08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
its almost cheaper to shoot an AK47 than a paintball gun, aint that sad lawl

4dmin
08-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I rocked the VM68 Magnum back in the day. Twin air tanks FTW!! :goodjob:

mine was a sniper gun similar to this

http://www.vm68.com/vm68/customvms/my_sniper1a.jpg

4dmin
08-06-2008, 12:58 PM
The most I ever spent was like 100 bucks a weekend, then when we started getting sponsorships and free field passes i started only paying 20 bucks for a whole day.

i only paid for paint but when i went to play i would go both sat/sun 2x a month so between 300-400$ a month on paint is expensive :goodjob:

we used to also play up at wildfire on tues night w/ the pro team

tdurr
08-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Id say airsoft if you can find some good ppl to play with, For $150, you can get a good starter gun, 4000 rounds, and a red dot scope and you have more range the paintball guns.
I've never been into speedball, too much waisting paint for me(poor lol), and my gun was a mech spyder.

Bottem line, buy my guns, i need money
T-durr

Zeeb
08-06-2008, 01:07 PM
i only paid for paint but when i went to play i would go both sat/sun 2x a month so between 300-400$ a month on paint is expensive :goodjob:

we used to also play up at wildfire on tues night w/ the pro team

I played with ultimate all the time and free paint FTW :D. Also they are/were the only pro team in ga. Unless you are talking about some scenario thing.

4dmin
08-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I played with ultimate all the time and free paint FTW :D. Also they are/were the only pro team in ga. Unless you are talking about some scenario thing.

wildfire had a team that used to play in the southeast - as far as division i don't know; they certainly weren't a Dynasty or Iron Man, but this was quite some years ago. i started playing paintball 13-14 years ago when i was in HS ;)

ksniperfox
08-06-2008, 01:34 PM
airsoft can't shoot further than paint, lol at whoever said that ****.

paint-hurts more=more realistic, leave marks so you(and everyone else)know youre hit. bbs-bounce off an article of clothing or a kneepad and youd never know or feel it, nor will anyone else.

you get what you pay for, and you have to pay to play. airsoft is for little kids who can only afford it because they max out their cheap allowance on it every week.

Zeeb
08-06-2008, 02:07 PM
wildfire had a team that used to play in the southeast - as far as division i don't know; they certainly weren't a Dynasty or Iron Man, but this was quite some years ago. i started playing paintball 13-14 years ago when i was in HS ;)

Yea i have heard of them playing at wildfire but i forget their name... I played with ultimate up untill they closed down and stopped playing last season, They used to play NXL with dynasty and XSV and all them.

4dmin
08-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Yea i have heard of them playing at wildfire but i forget their name... I played with ultimate up untill they closed down and stopped playing last season, They used to play NXL with dynasty and XSV and all them.

dynasty was the sh!t - i don't follow it much now but would love to get back in to playing one of these days. i always got tired of playing w/ kids though. it difficult to find a group of guys to stick playing together.

AnthonyF
08-06-2008, 03:23 PM
paintball is tha mutha fuking sh*t. Speaking of that I need to check ebay cus today is the day I sell all my paintball stuff. It's just too expensive.

-Ant.

RandomGuy
08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
airsoft can't shoot further than paint, lol at whoever said that ****.

paint-hurts more=more realistic, leave marks so you(and everyone else)know youre hit. bbs-bounce off an article of clothing or a kneepad and youd never know or feel it, nor will anyone else.

you get what you pay for, and you have to pay to play. airsoft is for little kids who can only afford it because they max out their cheap allowance on it every week.I dont know about that... Some airsoft guns I've got hit with hurt just about the same as a paintball... They leave nasty welts and draw blood when they hit you too..

But yeah there are some super panzy airsoft guns which barely give you a mosquito bite, but the real stuff hurts.. Tokyo Marui makes one that will peirce both sides of a coke bottle at like 100 yards.

One that we had embedded itself into a wooden door (.20g pellets)

OneSlow5pt0
08-06-2008, 05:14 PM
i got hit in the eye with pb gun,never wanan see one round me again

DJ Maestro
08-06-2008, 06:19 PM
i got hit in the eye with pb gun,never wanan see one round me again

Why the hell was someone swinging a paintball gun at your face? :thinking:

OneSlow5pt0
08-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Why the hell was someone swinging a paintball gun at your face? :thinking:i was out taking piss,and one my friends was guess tring to scare me by shooting round me and i turned around and caught a tippman 98 at full verlocity(sp)

tdurr
08-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks RG for sayin that. Tis true, real deal airsoft guns AKA Good A.E.G.s or High powered spring sniper rifles can out shoot paintballs by a good 100ft, and thats stock.

And you can fell good airsoft guns when they hit you, I never really get hit just once tho, full auto guns ftl!
T-durr

The Ninja
08-06-2008, 07:10 PM
paintball - better following and it is a real sport (speed ball rules)

QFT

OTG Signs
08-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Both remind me of the episode of south park where the kids make noises to attempt to shoot against real guns.

B_Hoov
08-06-2008, 08:54 PM
i vote airsoft ten fold, i have a tokyo mauri VSR gspec that shoots over 500fps and i can hit a target accurately from around 100yrds...i would go gun to gun with any paint ball gun, i have and i had them out before they were able to see me. airsoft rounds are cheaper but i have seen guns anywhere from 20$ at wal mart up to 3000$ for machine type guns with 5000rd elec mags, so the guns are priced about the same but 4000rds of really good bb's were 26$ and some change...try buying paint balls for that, i just think airsoft is way more accurate, hurts just as bad, and does end up being cheaper.

BB1_Luda
08-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I vote airsoft.

I love real replication of weapons. It is so similar, that to a "noob" they could not tell if it was real or fake from afar.

I actually just got back from Airsoft Atlanta today and bought a Echo1 MP5-J.

Full auto, and semi auto. The fire rate on this thing is insanely fast. 350+ fps, metal hop up chamber.
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/images/echo1_mp5j_jpg.jpg
I had loads of fun with it today.
My friend actually bough a SIG too w/silencer. This sh!t is so bad a$$.

I just really love the realistic look and feel to all the guns rather then paintball guns. (no doubt paintball is fun as hell to though)

B_Hoov
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
do NOT go to airsoft atl anymore, thats where i got my guns and get them worked on, however my buddy bought a 300$ gun, two extra mags, and invested another 300$ in the gun for hi torque motor and gears, more accurate barrel, metal piston and battery, went in today to show them it was messing up and jamming up, they would not help him, the clips he bought will not work with his gun and they told him too bad, have a nice day, we can't get ANY customer service when we are there even tho were the only ones in the store and there are 4 ppl behind the counter and three in the back. i cannot tell you how many trips me and him have made down there the past month alone, usually three times a week, and still no service, rude people, and they will not help you out with anything! there is actually a place thats WAY better, has playing fields on sight, will work on your gun in store unlike air soft atl where someone takes it home to work on it in there spare time, then you have to come back and get it the next day, there store is bigger and they have better prices and customer service and help is second to none, it's called Georgia Airsoft and it is located in athens

osnap
08-07-2008, 02:30 AM
paintball pwns. i miss my old intimidator : /

alpine_aw11
08-26-2008, 10:11 PM
I used to be heavily into paintball, but it's seriously turned into a hardcore daddy's boy sport. All these 13 year old kids are running around with Intimidators and Proto's and ****, it's pretty pathectic. You're supposed to start with a ****ty gun, not some special edition Intimidator or something. There's too many kids that just hide like the pussies they really are and just lay paint because the don't have to pay for it. I just felt that paintball was becoming a waste of money. I still play with friends very rarely, but I can't imagine how much I would've wasted by now had I continued. I also played airsoft, which I enjoy. The guns are definitely cooler, just the action isn't quite there. Depends on my mood really.

Deke
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM

This has always been my problem with airsoft. I feel like it could turn into an elementary school game of nerf wars.

"That hit you!"
"No it didn't!"

Psycho
08-26-2008, 10:21 PM
I wanna play some airsoft... we should all have a war.

pinoyboy
08-27-2008, 04:48 AM
I wanna play some airsoft... we should all have a war.
I'm up for airsoft as well. Some friends and I use to play, but everyone got out. So I went ahead and sold all my stuff. I think my gun might have scared them, lol.

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/?action=view&current=M15ROFSALE.flv

I use to also play at Georgetown
http://www.teamairsoft.com/main.htm

It was pretty fun playing there, but I can't make it up on the weekends anymore, plus gas is still kinda up there.

I wouldn't mind getting back into airsoft, but just don't know when it would be a good time for me.

Pikachu
08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
just no grenade laucher's.....lol

Psycho
08-27-2008, 10:27 AM
This looks like a pretty bad ass place to play:
http://strategicairsoftcommand.com/

Pikachu
08-27-2008, 11:38 AM
This looks like a pretty bad ass place to play:
http://strategicairsoftcommand.com/

ive got 3 ppl with guns including me, i might have an extra friend to come cuz i have an extra gun, lets set something up, that place isnt even that far its like goin to the varsity

TheProfiteer
02-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I love paintball, never played airsoft though.

Me and my boys used to always play Woodsball, with Gullie Suits and all, It felt like we were at war. Plus when you are trying hard to stay hidden, and get your ambush to work, you dont waste to many paintballs and gas. I remember we had an overnight game, 10v10, long long time ago, 10k balls lasted all of us all 24 hours. Keep in in mind we played multiple rounds of speedball style games, in between our CTF games.