PDA

View Full Version : Another damn problem with my car...

Kourt
08-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Okay, whenever I am IN gear and get up to about 3k RPM's and let off the gas, as the RPM's go down it will make a chattering/vibrating noise then stop, then as they drop more it does it again. The noise only last about 1 second and does it twice from 3k to idle. If I am just sitting and rev the car up it doesn't do it. Theres no extra play in the transmission and its driving normal other than that. I thought maybe exhaust but all the mounts for it are fine. Just throw in your 2 cents I guess :goodjob:

Kaiser
08-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Okay, whenever I am IN gear and get up to about 3k RPM's and let off the gas, as the RPM's go down it will make a chattering/vibrating noise then stop, then as they drop more it does it again. The noise only last about 1 second and does it twice from 3k to idle. If I am just sitting and rev the car up it doesn't do it. Theres no extra play in the transmission and its driving normal other than that. I thought maybe exhaust but all the mounts for it are fine. Just throw in your 2 cents I guess :goodjob:

So does it do it in ANY gear, and doesn't matter what your speed is, just engine rev's?

Turbojim
08-05-2008, 10:01 PM
clutch chatter??

itsnotarex
08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
My car does the same thing. it's probably just clutch chatter, which is usually harmless....at least on my car it is.

Kourt
08-06-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah its in any gear, I just noticed it yesterday and it dont do it everytime. But its driving me crazy!

NAIZBST
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
My car does the same thing. it's probably just clutch chatter, which is usually harmless....at least on my car it is.

thats what it sounds like chatta

DieselNuts
08-06-2008, 10:28 AM
...and people praise Hondas for not having any problems...

Hope you get it fixed :goodjob:

greasemunkey
08-06-2008, 11:38 AM
...and people praise Hondas for not having any problems...

Hope you get it fixed :goodjob:who lied to you???