PDA

View Full Version : Newest Smart car owner. SHAQ!

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 04:44 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/08/shaq_smart_450op.jpg

Scotsman
08-05-2008, 04:45 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/Smellkiperjr/WTF.gif

bigdare23
08-05-2008, 04:46 PM

LOLOLOLOL :lmfao:

HalfBaked
08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
How do you know that no one has bought one since him?

I think you're wrong.

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 04:50 PM
How do you know that no one has bought one since him?

I think you're wrong.

No, im never ever wrong. Never. I know everything.

See, right now i know i gotta piss.

*Walks away*

:piss:

*comes back*

See i knew that.

Scotsman
08-05-2008, 04:51 PM
No, im never ever wrong. Ever. I know everything.^^^^ when i comes to car news , he is right

alpine_aw11
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
He had to have bought that as a joke. Like his ass cant afford gas prices or something.

Frög
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Lol thats awesome..

But since we brought it up, I can't understand the smart car trend in America.

I hope people are buying it because they think it is "cool".. That would still be pretty stupid but at least I understand. You do not buy a smart car to save on gas. A hybrid is more efficient. No, no, to be justified, you buy a smart car for parking, parallel parking. In EUROPE where there is no place to park. Here? Its the stupidest purchase since wherever we go, parking is not an issue.

Not to mention, THIS IS NOT A HIGHWAY CAR.. Wow, GREAT!! What a wise choice to buy one since we, Americans mostly drive on highway.

Its hell driving on highways and since your at full throttle, you get ****ty mpg for the actual displacement. 33mpg city 40 mpg hwy..

DieselNuts
08-05-2008, 07:07 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

EJ25RUN
Lol thats awesome..

I hope people are buying it because they think it is "cool".. That would still be pretty stupid but at least I understand. You do not buy a smart car to save on gas. A hybrid is more efficient. No, no, to be justified, you buy a smart car for parking, parallel parking. In EUROPE where there is no place to park. Here? Its the stupidest purchase since wherever we go, parking is not an issue.

I disagree, I think the Smart is very cool. Smart have been sold in the USA for atleast 6 years and when i was at the Barrett Jackson auction in Florida years back. A Smart was parked between a Benltley Azure and a Ferrari 360. The Smart was the car getting the most attention.

I just which it was offered with better engines.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/Smart_fortwo_coup%C3%A9_Brabus.jpg/800px-Smart_fortwo_coup%C3%A9_Brabus.jpg

alpine_aw11
Lol thats awesome..

I agree. Smart cars are pretty damn pointless. I dont know about their crash test ratings but I'd plow my Jeep into one just to test out the safety of them.

alpine_aw11
08-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I disagree. Smart have been sold in the USA for atleast 6 years and when i was at the Barrett Jackson auction in Florida years back. A Smart was parked between a Benltley Azure and a Ferrari 360. The Smart was the car getting the most attention.

They do get a lot of attention, yes, but I dont see any other purpose for having one here except wanting a "cute" little car.

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 07:12 PM
They do get a lot of attention, yes, but I dont see any other purpose for having one here except wanting a "cute" little car.

Exactly. I'll be honest, i've been to Europe and even though the Smart is not the smallest car you can buy, it is still too small even for a European. Cars like the Golf, Mini, and Fiat 500 fit the bill much better.

But yeah, Smart owners = Want attention.

DC2NR
08-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Gas Mileage > Semi

Head on collision < ... Semi

Frög
08-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I disagree. Smart have been sold in the USA for atleast 6 years and when i was at the Barrett Jackson auction in Florida years back. A Smart was parked between a Benltley Azure and a Ferrari 360. The Smart was the car getting the most attention.

(Edited my original post)

Id feel like such a ****** driving one here. In france, ive driven them fine. The smart car has only recently been mass sold like this.. Originaly, they were imported one buy one. The only reason it had the attention was that people were intrigued and never seen it. Now, since I see them everywhere and seen 5 today; That means nothing..

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I agree. Smart cars are pretty damn pointless. I dont know about their crash test ratings but I'd plow my Jeep into one just to test out the safety of them.

Not true.....the Smart Fortwo is literally a roll cage with Fenders. It is one of the safest cars on the road and even though it is so small, it is incredibly safe.

People said the same thing about the new Mini when it first came out but now people know that size doesn't equal strength.

Frög
08-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I just which it was offered with better engines.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ac/Smart_fortwo_coup%C3%A9_Brabus.jpg/800px-Smart_fortwo_coup%C3%A9_Brabus.jpg

I agree, if it is too mod it and make something diffrent; HELL YEAH!!

But the other 99% of the smart car buyers aren't too.. how do I say... smart..

IMO

Frög
08-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Not true.....the Smart Fortwo is literally a roll cage with Fenders. It is one of the safest cars on the road and even though it is so small, it is incredibly safe.

People said the same thing about the new Mini when it first came out but know people now that size doesn't equal strength.

Yep. Top gear tested it too..

Smart car is way safer than most of our big cars over here..

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 07:19 PM
(Edited my original post)

Id feel like such a ****** driving one here. In france, ive driven them fine. The smart car has only recently been mass sold like this.. Originaly, they were imported one buy one. The only reason it had the attention was that people were intrigued and never seen it. Now, since I see them everywhere and seen 5 today; That means nothing..

Yes, when i saw that Fortwo years back, i didn't know Roger Penske was bringing them into the U.S., but now as it has turned mainstream, the "OMG IT'S A SMART" factor is not as prevalent as it used to be.

I wouldn't feel strange in it. But that prolly has to do with me liking the car.

Frög
08-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't feel strange in it. But that prolly has to do with me liking the car.

True.. But yeah, I like the car too, just not the reasoning behind buying it here in the U.S.

Like I said, in France, I rocked that car..

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
True.. But yeah, I like the car too, just not the reasoning behind buying it here in the U.S.

Like I said, in France, I rocked that car..

IDK, i think there are other cars that make less sense than a Fortwo.

I still give the women driving an excursion and sitting all by herself a dirty look.

AnTi-PooN
08-05-2008, 07:33 PM
busa swapped smart FTW

but shaq in a smart ftl

alpine_aw11
08-05-2008, 07:39 PM

People said the same thing about the new Mini when it first came out but now people know that size doesn't equal strength.

That's interesting. I'd always wondered what they did to make them safe, I assumed they were adequately equipped but I can't take the damn things seriously. I would rock the hell out of a Coop' S, but that's as small as I'll go.

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 07:46 PM
That's interesting. I'd always wondered what they did to make them safe, I assumed they were adequately equipped but I can't take the damn things seriously. I would rock the hell out of a Coop' S, but that's as small as I'll go.

Not Me......If the Fiat 500 makes way to the U.S., it would be my next car.

Sti --> Fiat 500....that must sound strange.

Here is the Abarth 500 car for Europe. This would be a great car for Gran Turismo.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2008/02/19-abarth-500/Abarth-500-2-lg.jpg

alpine_aw11
08-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Not Me......If the Fiat 500 makes way to the U.S., it would be my next car.

Sti --> Fiat 500....that must sound strange.

Here is the Abarth 500 car for Europe. This would be a great car for Gran Turismo.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2008/02/19-abarth-500/Abarth-500-2-lg.jpg

Wow I like that a lot actually, I've never seen that before. But if what you meant is you currently have an Sti and would switch to a 500, then that is strange lol but it's all about preference. Plus I'm pretty partial to Sti's, kinda my dream car.

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Wow I like that a lot actually, I've never seen that before. But if what you meant is you currently have an Sti and would switch to a 500, then that is strange lol but it's all about preference. Plus I'm pretty partial to Sti's, kinda my dream car.

Its great in every way. A great tribute to the original , even though Top Gear's James May likes his own Fiat Panda better :rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csLXiTVwpG0

But because of that......it is in the Extremely COOL part of the Top Gear Cool Wall.

And check this, if you own a Ferrari F430 Scuderia and it is being serviced.....
this is your courtesy car.... Painted Rosso Corso and all!

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/07/01_fiat_500_ferrari.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/07/02_fiat_500_ferrari.jpg

Bout my sti, its an '06, nothing done to it. Best part about it is that im the one getting the double take from Porsche and Ferrari owners. But i want something new.

alpine_aw11
08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
The 06 is the perfect year, you want to trade for my beat up Cherokee? Lolz. I'm sure the Ferrari owners have a good time whippin' one of those monsters around when they get their thousand dollar oil changes haha.

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
The 06 is the perfect year, you want to trade for my beat up Cherokee? Lolz. I'm sure the Ferrari owners have a good time whippin' one of those monsters around when they get their thousand dollar oil changes haha.

I love off roaders but they are more on the lines of a FJ Cruiser and an old LR Defender. But mine would have a diesel and no one has something like that.

You cant even buy the new Land Cruiser with a diesel in America. You have to settle for that 5.7l Thundra v8 which i don't trust. (I sold Toyotas so i really do mean that)

Anyways. I'll be keeping the STI for 2 more years, its only got 23,000 miles on it.

alpine_aw11
08-05-2008, 08:21 PM
I love off roaders but they are more on the lines of a FJ Cruiser and an old LR Defender. But mine would have a diesel and no one has something like that.

You cant even buy the new Land Cruiser with a diesel in America. You have to settle for that 5.7l Thundra v8 which i don't trust. (I sold Toyotas so i really do mean that)

Anyways. I'll be keeping the STI for 2 more years, its only got 23,000 miles on it.

You do have good taste in 4x4's, but it's a lot easier for a kid like me to go with the Cherokee which is cheap, bulletproof, and is imo a lot better looking than a Wrangler is. Wow we got off topic.

EJ25RUN
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
but it has given me an idea......a small car thread for car pix.

*starts on that*

Random Hero
08-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Freaks me out.

Damn you Shaq.

Stormhammer
08-06-2008, 10:33 AM

they actually have one of the best crash test ratings in the world.

ShooterMcGavin
08-06-2008, 10:34 AM
ahahahahaha, i wonder when yao ming is gonna get one :lmao: