PDA

View Full Version : SC300 Pics

SleepingTalon
08-04-2008, 04:28 PM
At the request of some people in the Kills forums, I'm posting pics of my car. They're not that great, but they're all I have. The car has a single turbo setup, Getrag 6spd, 6sp LSD/axles, AEM EMS, etc. More things are coming, but this is where I'm at right now.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/sleepingtalon/LexusPics001.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/sleepingtalon/LexusPics002.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/sleepingtalon/LexusPics005.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/sleepingtalon/LexusPics003.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e214/sleepingtalon/LexusPics004.jpg

BlkCD5
08-04-2008, 04:31 PM
:goodjob: what are the numbers and the turbo you're using?

SleepingTalon
08-04-2008, 04:36 PM
:goodjob: what are the numbers and the turbo you're using?

I'd rather not discuss numbers/details, but it makes a good bit. Should be enough to run a low 11sec, or close to a 10sec slip, but I haven't taken it to the track yet. We'll find out soon enough though, as the 6spd/LSD was put in not too long ago, and I've got my Mickey Thompson's sitting at the shop ready to go on.

Vteckidd
08-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Still one of my favorite SCs !

Looking good man!

SleepingTalon
08-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Still one of my favorite SCs !

Looking good man!

Thanks Mike. He's one of the few that knows details, but he also knows I'll ****ing ***** slap him if he dares say a word! 8-)

Vteckidd
08-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks Mike. He's one of the few that knows details, but he also knows I'll ****ing ***** slap him if he dares say a word! 8-)
LOL, its the fastest 145whp i have ever seen :ninja: :D

cactusEG
08-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Damn Im loving that 300...

SleepingTalon
08-04-2008, 05:32 PM
LOL, its the fastest 145whp i have ever seen :ninja: :D

LOL. That it is. I was lucky enough to find that 4AGE to swap in!

TIGERJC
08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
bada$$ car

slow_hatch
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Nice, I've always like 300s. Love your wheels

gottraction?
08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
man thats a damn nice sc. id like to do a roll with u on my yamaha

SleepingTalon
08-05-2008, 11:57 PM
man thats a damn nice sc. id like to do a roll with u on my yamaha

Sounds like fun. I'm a bit sketched these days though...I got a ticket 2wks ago for 99mph in a 45mph zone, and so I'm looking over my shoulders and playing nice. Might have to try it though. Not really sure...

NewGen33
08-06-2008, 02:25 AM
i want one now :yes:

BTLFED
08-18-2008, 11:27 AM
RICER! Why does your car have a Florida tag! :slap:

LOL Why have I yet to see this thing in person? It's like a legend....like my CRX. :lmfao:

Looks phat though! :goodjob:

SleepingTalon
08-18-2008, 12:01 PM
RICER! Why does your car have a Florida tag! :slap:

LOL Why have I yet to see this thing in person? It's like a legend....like my CRX. :lmfao:

Looks phat though! :goodjob:

LOL, legendary? I don't know if I've reached that status yet, but I'm working on it! You can come peep it. I don't hide anything from the OG crew! Oh, and the Florida tag is because it's registered at my office down there. No emissions FTMFW!

Sammich
08-18-2008, 12:03 PM
GOOD LORD THIS IS EVEN NICER THAN MY FRIENDS SC

SleepingTalon
08-18-2008, 12:06 PM
GOOD LORD THIS IS EVEN NICER THAN MY FRIENDS SC

Thanks, I appreciate it. It's still a work in progress though. I've got more stuff coming, and I'm not done yet with it power wise. When it's done, it'll REALLY be something to see. What's your friends SC like? Is it local?

Sammich
08-18-2008, 12:09 PM
ACTUALLY HE JUST SOLD IT..I THINK HE WAS ON ONE OF THE SUPRA OR SC FORUMS...HE'S IN SC IT WAS A TEAL GREEN SC W/ MUSTANG WHEELS...I THINK I HAVE ONE PIC

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/erikbalanza/lexus/PacoSC_1228dt.png

I'M PISSED AT HIM FOR SELLING IT..BUT HE SAID HE'S ON THE MARKET FOR ANOTHER...ALL OF HIS CARS THAT HE'S HAD..FROM HONDA'S TO THIS SC ARE ABSOLUTE SEX

SleepingTalon
08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
ACTUALLY HE JUST SOLD IT..I THINK HE WAS ON ONE OF THE SUPRA OR SC FORUMS...HE'S IN SC IT WAS A TEAL GREEN SC W/ MUSTANG WHEELS...I THINK I HAVE ONE PIC

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/erikbalanza/lexus/PacoSC_1228dt.png

I'M PISSED AT HIM FOR SELLING IT..BUT HE SAID HE'S ON THE MARKET FOR ANOTHER...ALL OF HIS CARS THAT HE'S HAD..FROM HONDA'S TO THIS SC ARE ABSOLUTE SEX

Damn, that's a nice SC. The stance is very nice with that wheel/tire setup. Did he go NA-T/1J/2J swap too? Someone got lucky with the purchase of that one!

Sammich
08-18-2008, 12:14 PM
YEA I KNOW

IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT HE WENT W/ A 2JZGTTE SWAP. HE SAID BEFORE HE SOLD IT HE REPLACED HIS SEATS, SUSPENSION, AND EXHAUST...I MEAN..HE ALWAYS KEEPS HIS CARS IMMACULATE..I THOUGHT I WAS PICKY, BUT LOOKING AT HIS PICS...HE'S MORE METICULOUS THAN I AM.

Sport1.3
08-18-2008, 12:18 PM
sick car man....I've always been a huge SC fan

SleepingTalon
08-18-2008, 12:19 PM
YEA I KNOW

IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT HE WENT W/ A 2JZGTTE SWAP. HE SAID BEFORE HE SOLD IT HE REPLACED HIS SEATS, SUSPENSION, AND EXHAUST...I MEAN..HE ALWAYS KEEPS HIS CARS IMMACULATE..I THOUGHT I WAS PICKY, BUT LOOKING AT HIS PICS...HE'S MORE METICULOUS THAN I AM.

Yeah, you can tell he kept it in good condition. I never really see any SC's around here either. I only know of 1 or 2 others.

BTLFED
08-18-2008, 08:16 PM
LOL, legendary? I don't know if I've reached that status yet, but I'm working on it! You can come peep it. I don't hide anything from the OG crew! Oh, and the Florida tag is because it's registered at my office down there. No emissions FTMFW!

Oh haha sweet! I'm gonna have to take a ride in that!

Random Hero
08-18-2008, 08:41 PM
I love your SC man...looks hot as hell! :goodjob:

gottraction?
08-21-2008, 07:51 PM
just lmk

flyNhawaiian
08-28-2008, 10:54 AM
oohh sweet, that was my teal SC i just sold it last week :) well :(

Sammich
08-28-2008, 10:58 AM
^U BASTID LOL

DID U GET THE OTHER ONE

flyNhawaiian
08-28-2008, 11:11 AM
lol yeah, here's a lil sneak peek of my new SC

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/erikbalanza/new%20lex/IMG_0655.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/erikbalanza/new%20lex/Interior1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/erikbalanza/new%20lex/IMG_0651-1.jpg

It needs some cleaning up, I think the CF trunk with CF spoiler is pretty cool but i f***king HATE the hood so i'll probably just put a stock hood and trunk back on, then clean up the headlights, someone did a retrofit on them and i guess they didn't seal them good enough.. I might change up the wheels down the road as well.. I mainly bought this car for the black interior/5spd combo .. well the HKS Hipermax coilovers, Volks, and Greddy exhaust where a bonus :)

here's a few video's of my swapped teal SC if anyones bored lol

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1jz-sc300-open-3-downpipe_174940.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1jz-sc300-clips_168430.htm

Sammich
08-28-2008, 12:22 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh u bastid muhfugga when did u go?

man...keep the hood...get it buffed and cleared man...god i wana ride in that one no ****tin u.

flyNhawaiian
08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
nah man i didn't go out there, i'm having it shipped out here..

Find someone with a red SC hood and they can have the CF, I leave the mis colored parts to the "JDM" people, i like a little more subtle look :)

Sammich
08-28-2008, 12:30 PM
nah man i didn't go out there, i'm having it shipped out here..

Find someone with a red SC hood and they can have the CF, I leave the mis colored parts to the "JDM" people, i like a little more subtle look :)

sweet man. when is it getting shipped? u already paid him?

lol well head over here i got somebody that can paint that hood and trunk for fairly cheap but does excellent work:goodjob:

ill keep my eye open, but the only SCs that i see around here are that tan color and women are driving them so...

flyNhawaiian
08-28-2008, 01:08 PM
sweet man. when is it getting shipped? u already paid him?

lol well head over here i got somebody that can paint that hood and trunk for fairly cheap but does excellent work:goodjob:

ill keep my eye open, but the only SCs that i see around here are that tan color and women are driving them so...

Yeah ive already paid for the car it's on a trailer heading this way as we speak..

I would paint the CF but i'd rather just replace them with oem parts, you can't use the hood dampners with the CF hood, so you have to prop the hood open with something :mad: also i know people that have had there CF hood fly up on the highway, and i refuse to put hood pins on my lex so i'd rather just trade the hood. :)

Sammich
08-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Yeah ive already paid for the car it's on a trailer heading this way as we speak..

I would paint the CF but i'd rather just replace them with oem parts, you can't use the hood dampners with the CF hood, so you have to prop the hood open with something :mad: also i know people that have had there CF hood fly up on the highway, and i refuse to put hood pins on my lex so i'd rather just trade the hood. :)

WHOAZ...LOL

HOOD SUPRISE FTL:lmfao:

YEA OEM HOOD FTW DONT WANT ANY I-95 SUPRISES DURING A ROLL RUN:lmao:

flyNhawaiian
08-28-2008, 01:16 PM
didn't mean to thread jack,

Sleepintalon, your SC is sweet man I want V160/1 so bad! man are they pricey!! lol who did the custom center console? looks pretty good i've been wanting to do a double din in dash as well only because any dash kits i've seen for the SC look horrible! .. are thos work XD9's? they look great

SleepingTalon
08-29-2008, 12:24 AM
didn't mean to thread jack,

Sleepintalon, your SC is sweet man I want V160/1 so bad! man are they pricey!! lol who did the custom center console? looks pretty good i've been wanting to do a double din in dash as well only because any dash kits i've seen for the SC look horrible! .. are thos work XD9's? they look great

Oh, no problem with the thread jack bro. I love that teal SC. I almost wanna murder you for selling it! LOL. I'm sure the new one will be just as nice when you're done. It's off to a good start for sure. As far as the V161 is concerned, yes, it's VERY expensive. You need BOTH axles, a custom driveshaft, the Getrag pumpkin, the shifter, and a clutch. The whole thing ran me almost 10k. I used a triple carbon clutch though, and spared no expense in getting what I wanted. The dash was done by a friend of mine who does fiberglass at Batlground. If you ever want something like that, let me know, as it's easy to duplicate now that it's been done once. I actually got it wrapped in leather, and just got it back tonight. We still have to make some minor adjustments to it, but I'll post some pics up of it in the next few days for you to see. It's got a 3rd AEM gauge in there now, so it's a bit different. Oh, and the wheels are in fact XD9's, but they won't be on for long. I'm gonna buy some Volk CE28N's to replace them. I actually ordered a bunch more "go fast" stuff this week, so I'm looking to make some bigger waves before the winter comes.

flyNhawaiian
08-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Yeah man i hated selling the Teal one, my car before that was teal as well so going to a red car now seems weird lol.. I was dying for a black interior though and my teal one was automatic which was great but i guess i wanted a 5spd again, even though know i'm worried about beating on the W58 once i boost, i'm going 1.5JZ this time, maybe i'll get lucky and find a R154 or hit the lottery and put in a V161 lol.. I sold the Teal car only cause someone gave me more money then i had into the car so i figured i'd start fresh with a nicer chasis...

those volks outta set your car off nicely! I'll probably be getting rid of my Volk GT-V's and putting some CCW's on eventually :)

you know what's funny is i've always wanted a 97+ exterior like i have now, but now that i have it i almost prefer the 92-94 or 95-96 stying better lol..

we'll have to get up one day at a toyota meet or something, me and some friends from cola just went to one in Rockhill a month or two ago
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/ToyotaLexus-cruise_171980.htm

Sammich
08-29-2008, 08:46 AM
GLAD U MENTIONED TRANNYS...ERIC KNOWS I FOUND A SWAP MOUNT KIT FOR MY TRUCK FOR THE 1JZ ENGINE..MY QUESTION IS..BESIDES THE R154 TRANNY...WHAT OTHER TRANNY WILL BOLT UP TO THE 1JZ?

Capt._Ron
08-29-2008, 10:15 AM
lots of nice SC's in this thread. I just bought the pearl white 5spd that was in the for sale section. I guess I will be coming to you guys with questions.

One question. Some of the cars pictured have pretty aggressive offsets on the wheels. How do sc's take to fender rolling, im sure the back is ok but the front scares me a little.

SleepingTalon
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
lots of nice SC's in this thread. I just bought the pearl white 5spd that was in the for sale section. I guess I will be coming to you guys with questions.

One question. Some of the cars pictured have pretty aggressive offsets on the wheels. How do sc's take to fender rolling, im sure the back is ok but the front scares me a little.

Fender rolling/cutting is common for SC's. Mine aren't rolled or cut, and I've got a fairly aggressive wheel fitment on it. You can go pretty wide if you want, you just gotta make the necessary adjustments.

flyNhawaiian
08-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Sammich - R154, W58, V160 & V161 can all be used, the W58 doesn't handle abuse to well it came on the NA motors, the R154 is pretty durable which was the 5spd turbo trans, and of course the V trans are the 6spd $$$$$$$$$$$

Capt Ron - I had my rear fenders rolled with a eastwood fender roller, they turned out kinda sh*tty on my Teal car, SC's have thick ass fender lips!!!!
i needed to do my fronts but i never got around to it, i planned on just cutting the front fenders though..

here's a pic of my teal car running a 18x10 rear with +22 Offset
fronts are 17x9 + 24
I ran a 275/50/18 in the back, i should have used a 275/35 to get a little more clearance

ignore the "Inlinefour.com" plate frame that came off my integra lol
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/erikbalanza/lexus/DSC_0029.jpg

Sammich
08-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Sammich - R154, W58, V160 & V161 can all be used, the W58 doesn't handle abuse to well it came on the NA motors, the R154 is pretty durable which was the 5spd turbo trans, and of course the V trans are the 6spd $$$$$$$$$$$

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/erikbalanza/lexus/DSC_0029.jpg

THANKS FOR THE INFO...BTW I QUOTED THIS PIC CUZ OF HOTNESS...

CAN THE W58 HANDLE 300 HP?

Capt._Ron
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Car looks great esp from that angle. I have 18x9.5 in the rear and 18x9 in the front. I believe they are about 30-35mm offset. Ive been looking at the eibach prokit, tanabe nf210, and the espelir springs i think the espelir will be too low and suggestions on those springs.
I know coilovers would give more adjusabtility but I have been there done that with like $17,000 invested into a 1989 240sx and i would like to keep it simple for now.

SleepingTalon
08-29-2008, 07:33 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO...BTW I QUOTED THIS PIC CUZ OF HOTNESS...

CAN THE W58 HANDLE 300 HP?

Sure can. I drove my car with the W58 and 540whp/500wtq for awhile with the W58 and it never broke. Granted I was very nice to it, and NEVER launched it, but I pulled it out as a RUNNING tranny, and swapped in my Getrag, so it never died on me. It's the launch and high rpm shifting that kills that tranny, not roll ons.

flyNhawaiian
08-29-2008, 10:45 PM
yeah man the W58 can handle alot of hp, i don't know about having fun with that power though lol.. i'd say no hard launching or slamming gears..

Capt Ron. man i hear you on the suspension piece, looking at springs and struts new is almost $500, so i just went ahead and got the cheapest coilovers for the SC "Tein Basic coilovers" man they rode awesome depending on what you want, they felt near stock just barely stiffer and i kept my car pretty low, i loved the near stock ride though.. highly recommended..

my new car has HKS hipermax but luckily it came with them cause i couldn't afford to spend 2k on coilovers lol..

craaaazzy
08-29-2008, 11:40 PM
great looking sc's guys. hopefully mine will be as clean someday. flynhawaiian, if u decide to sell the cf hood, please let me know. i'd love to lose some weight off the front end.

sleepingtalon, i think i saw u getting on to 400N from 285 2 weeks ago. wondered if that car was modified or not. now i know.

Installer88
08-30-2008, 12:53 AM
F**k the punk that made that dash... I can't believe that you posted pics before it is finished...

Tracy
08-30-2008, 09:57 AM
gay

SleepingTalon
08-30-2008, 10:24 AM
WTF? Did someone place an ad saying "User desperately seeking thread jacking". GTFO! 8-P

Capt._Ron
08-30-2008, 03:27 PM
^^LOL no worries. Any suggestions on intakes or should I just stay stock b/c there is no power to be found in the GE's

flyNhawaiian
09-01-2008, 07:11 AM
^^LOL no worries. Any suggestions on intakes or should I just stay stock b/c there is no power to be found in the GE's

save that money towards a swap :D

Craaazy , the guy i bought my car from still has the OEM red hood, pay for it to get shipped to me and i'll give you the CF one :yes:

lol nah seriously all i want is a stock matching oem renissance red hood even trade for the CF one.. i might just have to buy a hood or something then sell the CF one i guess.. i'm cheap and trying to come out with a red hood while spending no money.

MR.2
05-15-2009, 05:49 PM
My sc
1995 lexus SC 300

2jzgte (JDM)
Turbonetics T-66bb capable of 850rwhp
HKS filter
Tial 40mm wastegate
USDM 550cc with a resistor pack
HKS ssqv BOV
Jun lightened flywheel
Rps Max pressure Plate-6 puck clutch
R-154 5 Speed from a soarer ..................................> for sale
front section of an MK3 driveshaft
Clutch type LSD w/4.11 gearing
Hybrid brand FMIC with custom hotside
Dual spal fans

Electronics:
HKS Boost cut defencer
Greddy Speed cut defender
Apexi S-afc
Greddy dual exhaust
AEM wideband+gauge
Greddy profecII boost controller

Suspension/brakes:
Espelir ASD/Tokico Blues
Supra TT front brakes
SupraTT rear brakes
Supra TT front and rear sway bars
Work VS-XX Gold
19x10et21 245/35
19x11.5et29 285/30

Interior: Tan
Supra TT seats

Exterior:
Autoreal realspeed kit (the only one in the states as far as I know)
5k Hid kit lo-beams
Jdm sidemarkers
Tinted windows

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/486/0326091347.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

MR.2
05-15-2009, 05:54 PM
^ about to have
HKS cams
HKS cam gears
HKS timming belt
HKS exhaust
6speed
Map ecu > tune for meth
bigger throttle boddy
Intake manifold, *new and bada$$*
fuel system
&
coil overs > suspension for sale

Twan0690
05-16-2009, 10:43 PM
LoL man your sc puts mine to shame. Nice car

MR.2
05-18-2009, 12:18 PM
thanks for the comp just got some new wheels
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/183/downsized0517091600.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

LoL man your sc puts mine to shame. Nice car

Twan0690
05-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Mr.2 if you dont mind, what did you have to do to get your Work VS-XX's fit?

obd1kenobi
05-20-2009, 01:42 AM
your car looks great dude

00CiViC00
05-20-2009, 01:55 AM
shits clean

MR.2
05-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Mr.2 if you dont mind, what did you have to do to get your Work VS-XX's fit?

the fenders had to be rolled and a lil neg camber added but not a extream amount my rear works were 11.5" wide and i have a 3" drop if you are not lower than 2.5" you not need to add neg camber. its like -0.05 deg lol

MR.2
05-20-2009, 07:32 AM
your car looks great dude
thanks.. i see your avatar you a transformer neard? i am...