PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Touch Question

Brett
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
So I just signed up with Sprint last week and got the Sprint Touch. I LOVE this phone and the Sprint TV rocks, but anyways.... The Windows 6.1 update is out for it (For some reason Sprint doesnt ship brand new ones yet with this update installed) and if I do the update from 6.0 to 6.1 that will also add the GPS and Sprint Radio to the phone. So anyways, I downloaded the 6.1 to the laptop (Running Vista) and when I hooked the phone to the USB and started the upgrade it got to 10% then I got a error and it basically killed the ROM on the phone, Only gave me the 4 color screen. So I took it back since I only had it for 2 days and told them Windows crashed on it to save the hassle in case they wanted to blame me for the update error which all I did was hook it up and let it do what it was supposed to do, so they gave me a new one but for obvious reasons now I am afraid to try this update again. Anyone else have this phone who has done the update?

I dont need to hear how you dont like Sprint, etc...LOL. Just want a answer to the damn question :lmfao:

eViLMunkey
08-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Vista FTL!

Leisa
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
will this sh*t ever f*ckin end?....lol

eViLMunkey
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Never, it can never end

Brett
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
See, seriously I wonder if it was because I did it on a computer with Vista, I wonder if I used Leisa's laptop with XP and try it if I will get the same error or issue. I am just really afraid to try this again and it blow out the ROM again and then they tell me I cant get a new phone or they try and charge me to fix it.

Brett
will this sh*t ever f*ckin end?....lol

Get your ass back in the kitchen :yes:

Leisa
See, seriously I wonder if it was because I did it on a computer with Vista, I wonder if I used Leisa's laptop with XP and try it if I will get the same error or issue. I am just really afraid to try this again and it blow out the ROM again and then they tell me I cant get a new phone or they try and charge me to fix it.

just go to sprint and have them do it.. damn :D

Leisa
08-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Get your ass back in the kitchen :yes:

excuse me motherfvcker... I know you didnt..lol :tongue1:

eViLMunkey
08-04-2008, 01:50 PM
bwahaha.. but yeah I doubt you'll have the same problem w/ doing the update w/ XP.. should've gotten the iPhone

Brett
08-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Now on phone #3 in 4 days, Tried it again and it did the same thing, so I guess I wont try to upgrade to 6.1 anymore.

Infinite
08-04-2008, 07:20 PM
i told you...
isnt sprint great

Brett
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
This isnt a sprint issue though, this is a windows 6.1 upgrade issue

BTEC
08-05-2008, 10:05 AM
can u watch videos and send pic mail n text on urs brett?

ShooterMcGavin
08-05-2008, 10:08 AM
el oh el, you're gonna hate sprint...

stillaneon
08-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I really have no idea. I talked to my dealer support and the dont know what the issue is. I got my Rom update fro ppcgeeks.com and I have no issues with installing the cab file. Just make sure you have no other applications running. I dont think it has anything to do with Vista though. Thats what I used...

kelly marie
08-05-2008, 11:26 AM
i say cancel your account while you are in the grace period..
it used to be like 15 days or something.. that was a few years ago though

Brett
08-05-2008, 11:36 AM
I really have no idea. I talked to my dealer support and the dont know what the issue is. I got my Rom update fro ppcgeeks.com and I have no issues with installing the cab file. Just make sure you have no other applications running. I dont think it has anything to do with Vista though. Thats what I used...

Yeah I did mine through the HTC site so I dinno if they are having issues

Evil Goat
08-05-2008, 11:43 AM
verizon>*

sprint....lol...listen to kelly marie....run while you can

Brett
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Anyone know for sure how many days you have? My phone arrived last week on the 24th so I guess thats when they start it from.

EmminoDaGreat
08-05-2008, 12:25 PM
btizzal I thought I showed you how to send pic mail.

kelly marie
08-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Anyone know for sure how many days you have? My phone arrived last week on the 24th so I guess thats when they start it from.honestly i would go into the store where you started your account, unless you did it online just go to any location. be up front with them and tell them you are dissatisfied with the service and see what they say. i'm really not sure they allow the "trial" period any longer..

or look in your contract paperwork to see if there is any info about that.

seriously brett, they suck. there are far more people saying how horrible they are then there are saying they are great.. i think you should go with at&t and get an iphone or even a blackberry. while your phone my be a neat gadget it's not worth the hassle of dealing with their ****ty customer service.

stillaneon
08-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Anyone know for sure how many days you have? My phone arrived last week on the 24th so I guess thats when they start it from.

You have 30 days. From the day you ordered. No the day it arrived. Its based on the day you activate the account.

stillaneon
08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
honestly i would go into the store where you started your account, unless you did it online just go to any location. be up front with them and tell them you are dissatisfied with the service and see what they say. i'm really not sure they allow the "trial" period any longer..

or look in your contract paperwork to see if there is any info about that.

seriously brett, they suck. there are far more people saying how horrible they are then there are saying they are great.. i think you should go with at&t and get an iphone or even a blackberry. while your phone my be a neat gadget it's not worth the hassle of dealing with their ****ty customer service.

Att service quality and data speeds are slow.

Brett doesnt need to call customer care to get **** done. :ninja:

kelly marie
08-05-2008, 04:07 PM

Brett doesnt need to call customer care to get **** done. :ninja:when did i ever say call CS? i said he should go in to a store.. CS won't do anything for him besides shuffle his call from person to person

anywho i'm with tmobile and have a blackberry, been with them for years and wouldn't change.. my work phone is through at&t and don't have issues..

anything is better than sprint

Brett
08-05-2008, 09:12 PM

Brett doesnt need to call customer care to get **** done. :ninja:

Well after dealing with that guy I did yesterday, I about cancelled. I went into a store off Winward and walked in to see if he could swap out the phone without me driving all the way to Northpoint, I walk in and ask, he said I have to go to the one at Northpoint since I ordered it online (He said that with a lazy ass attitude) then I say, "Can you call that store for me real quick and just make sure they have them Touch in stock so I dont drive all the way down there for nothing" and he says "No, and says he doesnt know the number" Now the guy is sitting at the counter, No one else in the store and at the computer looking at the internet. So I say "Can you look it up on your sprint website or look at your store listing list?" he says "No, I need to call them" so I say while holding up my non working phone "If I could call, I wouldnt be standing here in front of you" he then points to thier phone for customers to use and says call our C/S department and they can give it to you" WTF!!! I say to him then " I have to call C/S just to get a number for another store instead of you taking a moment to look it up on your Sprint Website" he says YUP!! Tell me that is not some f*cked up service.

Do you work in one of the stores?

NewGen33
08-05-2008, 09:23 PM
^^Thats messed up. I have sprint to and besides the phone I'm using right now the service has been pretty good. GL Brett

Brett
08-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Yeah very messed up

Kevykev
08-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Where's my MONEY Brizz?

Brett
08-06-2008, 08:32 AM
They said it takes 10 weeks, We both have to wait 10 weeks for a $25 visa gift card :eek: btw what was that number you had me dial for that? Someone I know just signed up with them, and I wanna have them do it.

Kevykev
08-06-2008, 08:37 AM
[ # REF ] - Follow the prompts

Now you owe me half, I know where you sleep!!!

stillaneon
08-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Well after dealing with that guy I did yesterday, I about cancelled. I went into a store off Winward and walked in to see if he could swap out the phone without me driving all the way to Northpoint, I walk in and ask, he said I have to go to the one at Northpoint since I ordered it online (He said that with a lazy ass attitude) then I say, "Can you call that store for me real quick and just make sure they have them Touch in stock so I dont drive all the way down there for nothing" and he says "No, and says he doesnt know the number" Now the guy is sitting at the counter, No one else in the store and at the computer looking at the internet. So I say "Can you look it up on your sprint website or look at your store listing list?" he says "No, I need to call them" so I say while holding up my non working phone "If I could call, I wouldnt be standing here in front of you" he then points to thier phone for customers to use and says call our C/S department and they can give it to you" WTF!!! I say to him then " I have to call C/S just to get a number for another store instead of you taking a moment to look it up on your Sprint Website" he says YUP!! Tell me that is not some f*cked up service.

Do you work in one of the stores?

Yeah I am the Store Manager at the store in Locust Grove. Kinda of a long drive. If you are coming to the V I will meet you there:goodjob: