PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Foods Licks Islam's Balls

Ran
08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Tyson Foods replaces Labor Day with Eid al-Fitr as a paid holiday.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=71218

"It says union leadership made this request, makes you wonder who runs the union. I guess they are already working on a plan to replace Memorial Day, that means nothing to the Muslims so why should we have the right to celebrate it. Labor Day commemorates the plight of workers and the struggle of labor unions to improve working conditions for American workers. The Muslims will not stop until all of our rights and laws are changed to accommodate their beliefs. This will be a new America but it will be their America."

Whoever said that spoke the f*cking truth.

Leisa
08-04-2008, 01:20 PM
WOW.. That blows!

mocha latte cupcake
08-04-2008, 01:21 PM
sigh yet another BS moment in America.

nreggie454
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3190/2563695480_ebd8d71119.jpg?v=0

ultm8mind
08-04-2008, 01:35 PM
I'll still get it off, lol. They should just give both off or give the muslims the choice. Glad I am not working for Tyson.....

Brett
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM

"It says union leadership made this request, makes you wonder who runs the union. I guess they are already working on a plan to replace Memorial Day, that means nothing to the Muslims so why should we have the right to celebrate it. Labor Day commemorates the plight of workers and the struggle of labor unions to improve working conditions for American workers. The Muslims will not stop until all of our rights and laws are changed to accommodate their beliefs. This will be a new America but it will be their America."

Wow AMERICA should be so proud.

Ran
08-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow AMERICA should be so proud.Makes you wonder how long it's going to take for America to look at these psychopaths and realize that this is a hostile takeover and that it's going to be either us or them. America has lost it's identity since the political correctness bullsh*t came into play and now we're being overrun. :no:

Where's my passport?

Brett
08-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah we worry to much about what others think instead of takingcare of business. I do not agree with human rights for terrorists we capture, etc... I say treat them as they do us.... WITH NO RESPECT

eViLMunkey
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
wow I guess I'm moving to Canada, Brazil, or Australia

redrumracer
08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
ill just keep my comments to myself

J-ROCK
08-04-2008, 01:52 PM
wtf! that sux

redrumracer
08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
ya know fuk it ill say what i have to say. if they dont like celebrating an American holiday then they can go to what ever country they want to celebrate that ****, and if they dont feel like going to that country then let em die.

Ran
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
ya know fuk it ill say what i have to say. if they dont like celebrating an American holiday then they can go to what ever country they want to celebrate that ****, and if they dont feel like going to that country then let em die.That's not exactly an extremist view. That's one that should be acknowledged nationally.

An extremist view would be, "Slaughter every man, woman, and child of these f*cking savages like the animals they are and solve the problem for good", like my co-worker has. Which I slowly agree with more and more as time goes by.

mocha latte cupcake
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
That's not exactly an extremist view. That's one that should be acknowledged nationally.

An extremist view would be, "Slaughter every man, woman, and child of these f*cking savages like the animals they are and solve the problem for good", like my co-worker has. Which I slowly agree with more and more as time goes by.

would this be danny :lmfao: but yeah i agree this is some serious BS man! if i went to another country and asked why we didn't have presidents day off i bet i'd get my ass a super trooper style beatin.

Ran
08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
would this be danny :lmfao:No, it's another co-worker. Danny is practically the live-and-let-live member of the office. :lmao:

What's funny is that if we even tried having this discussion in an Islamic nation we'd be executed as heretics. :rolleyes:

redrumracer
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
That's not exactly an extremist view. That's one that should be acknowledged nationally.

oh i know its not an extremist view

BanginJimmy
08-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Political correctness is going to be the root of America's demise. As it is we cant fight a war, someone might get hurt. We cant tell the truth, it might upset someone. We cant make money, it would someone that doesnt have any feel bad.

Sledlude
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
wow... what the hell is wrong with you people? Eid-al-fitr is a religious holiday.... RELIGIOUS... similar to, you know, Christmas, Easter, etc... holidays that many get off of work for.

however, if you are a practicing muslim, in order to attend Eid prayers, you usually have to miss work/school to practice your faith. which sucks. I think an Eid holiday is a good idea. You people are acting like they cancelled Christmas, now everyone has to celebrate Eid. why so intolerant? hostile takeover? PLEASE. do you read?

Now, it does suck that they took away Labor day as a vacation day- that kind of action makes people despise Islam even more. They should have left labor day as well as given workers Eid off, that way lazy asses can't complain and people of faith can worship as they will.

Motivation
08-04-2008, 05:59 PM
wow... what the hell is wrong with you people? Eid-al-fitr is a religious holiday.... RELIGIOUS... similar to, you know, Christmas, Easter, etc... holidays that many get off of work for.

however, if you are a practicing muslim, in order to attend Eid prayers, you usually have to miss work/school to practice your faith. which sucks. I think an Eid holiday is a good idea. You people are acting like they cancelled Christmas, now everyone has to celebrate Eid. why so intolerant? hostile takeover? PLEASE. do you read?

Now, it does suck that they took away Labor day as a vacation day- that kind of action makes people despise Islam even more. They should have left labor day as well as given workers Eid off, that way lazy asses can't complain and people of faith can worship as they will.

Who's religion? Let me remind you what religion this country was based and founded on. Even though is has gotten so far away from its roots. Jews do not get 8 days of Hanakuh (sp?) off do they? This nation has gotten so used to trying not to hurt some poor bastards feelings that you can't call it a Christmas party at work, it has to be a holiday party. God FORBID someone get butt-hurt because they take everything offensive to them. You know how many religions are in this world? If that is the case Americans should never have to work because each day should be set aside for a certain religion.

Sledlude
08-04-2008, 06:06 PM
country was based and founded on RELIGOUS FREEDOM. not one certain religion.
the only religion that gets PAID religious holidays off is Christianity. and half of 'christians' who celebrate dont even practice. why get pissed when a major world religion gets ONE holiday?
no one said anything about muslims being offended; Muslims never get holidays- never seemed like a big deal. Tyson offers them one and you guys seems like the ones getting "butt-hurt" (for lack of a better word) because of labor day; a business takes a step to promote diversity within its ranks and people start screaming "hostile takeover"... lame. because people get a day to worship.... how is that going against american values?

Motivation
08-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Take a dollar bill out of your wallet... See where it says "In God we trust"? it does not say alla or whover the heck he is. And actually the holidays that are "christian" holidays are more celebrated as Pagan holidays. It's more commercialized than anything. They are basing this "holiday" on religious theme correct? When was the last time you seen commercials about Jesus coming to the earth around christmas time? Or Jesus dying on the cross around Easter? All you see is a rabbit with some eggs, and santa clause... The ONLY reason that the government really keeps these holidays like this are because they make BILLIONS off of it. Halloween is a pagan holiday, why not get that day off?

Motivation
08-04-2008, 06:13 PM
To me it is not the only fact that they are having a holiday for it... It is the fact that they will not let you talk about religion during christmas and easter cause it might offend someone that doesn't believe but yet any other religion is alright to talk about...

MaXimum
08-04-2008, 06:14 PM

Muslims are people too.:doh: So they should have their own holiday.:goodjob:

JITB
08-04-2008, 06:15 PM
i mean if you have 60% of your workers wanting it like this.. whats the problem...

This is not an important issue, you all shoudl be worrying about the amoutn of companies moving overseas!

i guess you all should go down buford hwy and protest when the koreans dont go to work on foundation or liberation day..

its a union, you work for the employees... they get waht they want to keep them happy. And to keep peace between the company and the employees.

Please tell me what harm it is for people working on labor day gonna do to you? Do you go to AMC or blockbuster on Christmas day with a pitchfork because they have to work...lol

tony
08-04-2008, 06:29 PM

Its fear, people who tend to lean toward the right got the simple minded believing that Muslims are evil and want to decimate all of America and make us pray to Allah.

Honestly, who gives a f.uck? Do any of you work for Tyson Foods? They're a privately owned company which means if they want to worship the devil.. as long as they are turning a profit it doesn't matter.

I swear some of you need to get your heads out your asses. As low as the dollar is right now and the middle east so wealthy off of OIL, Tyson Foods should be the last thing you worry about.

Infinite
08-04-2008, 06:55 PM
there's a tyson chicken plant down the street from my house... we could just blow it up\then leave a big sign says "Allah was here"

Motivation
08-04-2008, 07:00 PM
there's a tyson chicken plant down the street from my house... we could just blow it up\then leave a big sign says "Allah was here"

Then they could sell fried chicken... already cooked.

Infinite
08-04-2008, 07:18 PM
lol
plus 90% of the illegals work there
so if it got leveled... maybe they'd leave

Motivation
08-04-2008, 07:20 PM
lol... I doubt it but it is nice thinking. lol

MaXimum
08-04-2008, 07:25 PM

oh so muslims should blow up wal mart cause they sell gifts for christmas lol and write "jesus was here"?:thinking: :no:

i mean why the **** would u do that? muslims are people too did u notice that?:eek: :2up: :2up: :2up:

Infinite
08-04-2008, 07:25 PM
yea.
and then once they are all jobless and sitting at home... or some random parking lot.
we could just start dropping 500lb'ers
lulz

Bruce Leroy
08-04-2008, 08:17 PM
I dont think that they should have switched holidays, but just give both days off. But since the majority of the workers are muslim, may as well give everyone the day off.

And it trips me out that people are pissed about different people/religions immigrating to america. All of you ****ers families are immigrants to this country. And i'm willing to bet that your families had different beliefs the the people that were originally here. Thats why they are all dead/live on reservations.

Infinite
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM
oh so muslims should blow up wal mart cause they sell gifts for christmas lol and write "jesus was here"?:thinking: :no:

i mean why the **** would u do that? muslims are people too did u notice that?:eek: :2up: :2up: :2up:

no no
walmart should be blown up just on general principle
anyone can do it

Motivation
08-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I dont think that they should have switched holidays, but just give both days off. But since the majority of the workers are muslim, may as well give everyone the day off.

And it trips me out that people are pissed about different people/religions immigrating to america. All of you ****ers families are immigrants to this country. And i'm willing to bet that your families had different beliefs the the people that were originally here. Thats why they are all dead/live on reservations.

actually the reason they are dead is because that was a LOOOONG time ago... show me one person that is alive that was here "originally" and white men killed them and moved them out of their own homes... Didn't have anything to do with beliefs... Us white ppl are just mean SOB's lol

tony
08-04-2008, 08:43 PM
actually the reason they are dead is because that was a LOOOONG time ago... show me one person that is alive that was here "originally" and white men killed them and moved them out of their own homes... Didn't have anything to do with beliefs... Us white ppl are just mean SOB's lol

Go to Oklahoma, you will find their ancestors.. tons of them.

x Resilience
08-04-2008, 08:49 PM
You guys are acting like its the end of the world, I think its a good decision. Not all Muslims are terrorist, so why so much hate toward them? Player haters....... :lmao:

With that being said, w00t w00t.
:bigdance::bump:

Crazy Asian
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
I dont give a rat's ass about what the heck is happening. I care about who the fawk is gonna be our next president and how he's gonna clean the mess up we have of everything.

x Resilience
08-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Dude, Motivation you are one racist a$$ redneck. God damn dude, so fvcking hateful toward Muslims. Like said before they're people too, go to Saudi Arabia and I bet you that you won't say any off the stuff you're saying right now about Muslims.

yudalicious
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
700/1200 of the employees ARE immigrants of mostly Muslim faith (according to the report)... from Somalia btw.

But of course, we all know these hard working and legal people aren't real Americans like me or you, the heck with their Allah...... /sarcasm

Kaiser
08-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah we worry to much about what others think instead of takingcare of business. I do not agree with human rights for terrorists we capture, etc... I say treat them as they do us.... WITH NO RESPECT

If we treated them as they treat us, they would never GET captured. The fact that we take them in as prisoners, regardless of how we treat them, is better than they treat us, since they typically just behead anyone they get hold of that they can't sell into slavery or bargain for bombs with. Equality and rights aren't always the same idea.

MaXimum
08-04-2008, 09:24 PM
yea man all muslims ARE NOT terrosits so stfu ..........theres alot of muslim people on here and u dont hear them talking **** about other peoples religions do u ? :thinking: no cause they mind there own business .........so stfu racist bi*ch.:2up: :2up: :2up:

JITB
08-04-2008, 09:25 PM
lol motivation.... ill praise allah tonite for you..

MaXimum
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
>>>RAN :2up: :2up: :2up:

Infinite
08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
so what rod got shoved up your ass? Did your camel leave you?

yudalicious
08-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Makes you wonder how long it's going to take for America to look at these psychopaths and realize that this is a hostile takeover and that it's going to be either us or them. America has lost it's identity since the political correctness bullsh*t came into play and now we're being overrun. :no:

Where's my passport?

overreaction? oh well, one less creepy pedo dude here.

yudalicious
08-04-2008, 09:48 PM

I'm all for doing whatever it takes for defense of this country and its citizens......... but I thought we're talking about a union working for the benefits of its constituents who are undeniably American, you may or may not agree with it, but since when did it become a terrorist thing? Am I missing something here, or are we jsut assuming that all 1 billion+ muslims in this world are terrorists?

JITB
08-04-2008, 10:00 PM
:2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

DUDE WTF IS THIS A JOKE?:2up:

lol im on ur side, motivation is a troubled individual..

MaXimum
08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
oh my bad lol idk wat that means til i looked it up lolz my bad :D

Sledlude
08-05-2008, 01:37 AM
Take a dollar bill out of your wallet... See where it says "In God we trust"? it does not say alla or whover the heck he is. And actually the holidays that are "christian" holidays are more celebrated as Pagan holidays. It's more commercialized than anything. They are basing this "holiday" on religious theme correct? When was the last time you seen commercials about Jesus coming to the earth around christmas time? Or Jesus dying on the cross around Easter? All you see is a rabbit with some eggs, and santa clause... The ONLY reason that the government really keeps these holidays like this are because they make BILLIONS off of it. Halloween is a pagan holiday, why not get that day off?

they were adapted from pagan holidays, yes, but there is no doubt that they are now christian holidays. your logic is saying that no one should get a holiday but christians.

i think what you were trying to say is that its fvcked up that instead of labor day, their employees will get a less american holiday like eid. and that is the beginning of the muslim takeover. or something. sounds intolerant and paranoid to me.

MaXimum
08-05-2008, 03:48 AM
thank you sir.

BLK JDM
08-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Yudalicious for the WIN!! Well said my friend!!

AtifSajid
08-05-2008, 08:07 AM

You know Ive seen you posting against Islam for a minute now, I usually dont say anything cause some of you are morons. But you have been constantly posting against Islam. Im a grown man and usually dont say **** like this because everyone has there own opinion, but you need to chill out. It gets offensive and all the posts that follow have no relevent to the topic or are trying to degrade Islam, I dont go for that ****. Thats why I dont come into the whorelounge but I have a post in here that I have been watching so scrolling through I see the word Islam or Muslim and I read it. You must have no Muslim firends, so thats why you speak against Muslims so much, or obviously a muslim has whooped your ass or something happened in your life that makes you despise Muslims. Your a human just like a Muslim is. Meet one and learn something about them thats true. Your topics sound just like when blacks were trying to get equality as whites, Im sure you would have been the racist one coming in here and posting about that **** also.

Have a nice day.

Ran
08-05-2008, 08:15 AM
LOL @ the argument breaking out. Awesome.

DJ Maestro
08-05-2008, 08:25 AM
I typically do not feel comfortable chiming in on issues like this, but I figured I'd throw in my :2cents: .

What gets me about all this (something that has been brought up in this thread, but not really covered) is that Labor Day was just replaced. I understand that Eid is a religious holiday to Islam and I would never dream of taking that away from the people of Islam. I do have a problem that Labor Day was taken from the American people though. As previously said, Labor Day is the day that is there to honor and celebrate the people who have, and still do, work to move America forward. Regardless of what nationallity or faith a person is they will have the day off from the job they work. Now, replace that with Eid and 700 of 1200 workers get to celebrate a religious holiday that is important to them. What does the day mean to the 500 other workers who do not celebrate Eid? It means nothing to them. So, Labor Day (if celebrated for its original reason) means something to 1200/1200 workers. Eid means something to 700/1200 workers, nothing to 500/1200.

Bottom line: Give Eid as a holiday if you feel that is what your company wants to do to show your cultural diversity, but for God's sake, don't take away Labor Day or any other American holiday for that matter.

Cliff's: Give them both days off. :goodjob:

Ran
08-05-2008, 08:26 AM
You know Ive seen you posting against Islam for a minute now, I usually dont say anything cause some of you are morons. But you have been constantly posting against Islam. Im a grown man and usually dont say **** like this because everyone has there own opinion, but you need to chill out. It gets offensive and all the posts that follow have no relevent to the topic or are trying to degrade Islam, I dont go for that ****. Thats why I dont come into the whorelounge but I have a post in here that I have been watching so scrolling through I see the word Islam or Muslim and I read it. You must have no Muslim firends, so thats why you speak against Muslims so much, or obviously a muslim has whooped your ass or something happened in your life that makes you despise Muslims. Your a human just like a Muslim is. Meet one and learn something about them thats true. Your topics sound just like when blacks were trying to get equality as whites, Im sure you would have been the racist one coming in here and posting about that **** also.

Have a nice day.Don't get me wrong, I don't quite share the "kill them all like animals" mentality as my co-worker does. My growing concern comes when there's news practically everyday about companies being sued, government standards being changed, "rights" being violated, or whatever else concerning Muslims or Islam. That's right here in our own country that this is happening. However, I'm fairly certain that my problem isn't so much with Islam or whatever as much as it is the idiotic liberals that are constantly bending over backwards to accomodate these asanine demands on a daily basis. Take my rants with a grain of salt and don't get your panties in a wad.

P.S. - I do have a few Muslim friends and even they think that most of the crap making the news about Muslim demands and "rights" is insane.

Bottom line: Give Eid as a holiday if you feel that is what your company wants to do to show your cultural diversity, but for God's sake, don't take away Labor Day or any other American holiday for that matter.They could have just replaced another religious holiday such as Christmas or something. But a national holiday for the American people? Come on.

DJ Maestro
08-05-2008, 08:37 AM
I don't think replacing any holiday is correct. The whole holiday thing here is really stupid to begin with when you look at actual time off. The U.S. is at the bottom of the list for holidays off. Countries in Europe and Asia celebrate many more days because they understand that their people work alot and deserve time off. So, Americans already work more than the rest of the world so why take away the one day that honors that work.

Ran, I'm not for replacing anything, just add another holiday. I'll gladly hit the lake for Eid, but I won't celebrate it for what it means...it would just be another day off of work. :D

Ran
08-05-2008, 08:39 AM
Ran, I'm not for replacing anything, just add another holiday. I'll gladly hit the lake for Eid, but I won't celebrate it for what it means...it would just be another day off of work. :DEh, I guess that works too. lol

Sledlude
08-06-2008, 12:45 AM

Have a nice day.
i was gonna say the same damn thing... i noticed a few of his posts like that.

like someone said above, I personally enjoy getting a day off on a holiday i dont celebrate. what the hell is the problem?

edit: RAN.. are you saying you wouldnt have a shyt fit if they replaced CHRISTMAS with eid? because labor day means more because its more "american"? please. riots would break out. take a stance and stick to it.

MaXimum
08-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests) MaXimum (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/member.php?u=25038), Motivation (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/member.php?u=21441)

u rasict *****r!!:2up: :2up: :2up:

Infinite
08-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Seriously don't you have a life to live?
GTFO

Alan®
08-06-2008, 02:51 AM
country was based and founded on RELIGOUS FREEDOM. not one certain religion.
the only religion that gets PAID religious holidays off is Christianity. and half of 'christians' who celebrate dont even practice. why get pissed when a major world religion gets ONE holiday?
no one said anything about muslims being offended; Muslims never get holidays- never seemed like a big deal. Tyson offers them one and you guys seems like the ones getting "butt-hurt" (for lack of a better word) because of labor day; a business takes a step to promote diversity within its ranks and people start screaming "hostile takeover"... lame. because people get a day to worship.... how is that going against american values?
I don't know where the hell you work but I have never had a paid religious holiday. Also it seem slike you didn't bother to read the article. Tyson didn't offer them anything the UNIONS requested it. So your arguement of the business trying to diversify is garbage.

Reading>YOU

Alan®
08-06-2008, 02:54 AM

Right but Labor Day is a FEDERAL holiday. I think the correct course of action would be to allow muslims to take it off w/o penalty not switch it out for a Federal Holiday.

Alan®
08-06-2008, 02:57 AM
I dont give a rat's ass about what the heck is happening. I care about who the fawk is gonna be our next president and how he's gonna clean the mess up we have of everything.
I can guarantee you right now whoever the next president is will not make a big impact on the mess we are in right now

Alan®
08-06-2008, 02:59 AM
>>>RAN :2up: :2up: :2up:
Simply a dumb post. I don't find anything racist in this thread.

Sledlude
08-06-2008, 03:46 AM
I don't know where the hell you work but I have never had a paid religious holiday. Also it seem slike you didn't bother to read the article. Tyson didn't offer them anything the UNIONS requested it. So your arguement of the business trying to diversify is garbage.

Reading>YOU

you must have a shyt job then.

you're right, i didnt read the article. i reacted to rans dumbass quote underneath the link. if you will look back to what i posted... you'll see that i am all about giving eid holidays without penalizing for missing work/school. and if the UNIONs asked for it, the UNION represents the employees, right? so... keep labor day (the federal holiday to commemorate the plight of workers...), but fvck the employees of tyson, enough of whom need a day off for religious services to ask for it?.... RIGHT.

like i said before.... leave labor day as it is, but getting eid as a holiday does not = muslim takeover of the US. ;)

Frög
08-06-2008, 04:08 AM
Boycott tyson!!

Dr.G35
08-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Makes you wonder how long it's going to take for America to look at these psychopaths and realize that this is a hostile takeover and that it's going to be either us or them. America has lost it's identity since the political correctness bullsh*t came into play and now we're being overrun. :no:

Where's my passport?

the ****in truth right there!!! I have some buddies in Canada, whose ready to become a mounty? Because I am.

IndianStig
08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Like Atifsajid and Sledlude have been saying. You are on a roll sir, watch where you end up. You are making ridiculous claims based on the actions shown by one of the most American institution's there is, a Labor Union, democracy in the work place. So what if they want to celebrate Eid instead of Labor Day? The Tyson workers elected boad-members of the Union and now they are doing what they feel is right and moral within their power. You are telling me American ways are being lost because of this? You're crazy. While I agree it is BS that Labor Day isn't being celebrated, does it really matter? No one does sh.it for Labor Day anyways, the amount of money that moves in this country during Eid, you'd be surprised.

Islam is just like every other religion, would you not be mad if you had to work on Christmas or your respective major religious holiday? What you say is completely uncalled for and childish. While I agree Labor Day should not have been replaced but merely Eid should have been added on, perhaps they should have cut out some other holiday instead..like Columbus Day, who the hell celebrates that BS anyhow?

Motivation: Please tell me you honestly believe "Winter Holiday" didn't start out because Christmas happened to be on Dec. 25 and I will have the laughing fit of my life. Look at this list of National Holidays:

http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_Schedules/fedhol/2008.asp

Check the one under Dec. 25. Damn Christian's taken over America. "Where is my passport?"

Kaiser
08-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Who lied to you and told you Labor Unions were American? They have historically been anti-american and anti-federalism. In fact, labor unions are the cause of a significant number of major issues in america. While I certainly respect the need for labor unions, the very idea of calling them an "American Institution" is off base.

IndianStig
08-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Who lied to you and told you Labor Unions were American? They have historically been anti-american and anti-federalism. In fact, labor unions are the cause of a significant number of major issues in america. While I certainly respect the need for labor unions, the very idea of calling them an "American Institution" is off base.

I am not a supporter of labor unions, but the fact that they are the new America is real. Labor unions have thrived in America and they are infact an American Institution. The beauty of this country is that it is a melting pot in which all are meant to live in harmony no matter their color, religion, native tounge, or beliefs so their view of an American Institution maybe quite different from yours.

Spektrewing386
08-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Take a dollar bill out of your wallet... See where it says "In God we trust"? it does not say alla or whover the heck he is.

You are Christian I guess? Well Allah is your god! silly. ITS THE SAME GOD.
Allah = Yahweh = God = Bog(polish/russian) = Gott (german) = Dieu (french)... ect. Also this is a secular nation based on religious freedom. If anything it be best to not to cater to any religion. I used to work for Walgreens and I had to work every Christmas, Labor Day.. ect. If you want it off, request it.

America isnt a christian nation, muslim nation, jewish nation... it is simply a nation founded by immigrants. Every single one of you reading this is the decendant of or is an immigrant (except native americans) who came here for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

stillaneon
08-06-2008, 03:26 PM

Have a nice day..

The problem is that 9/11/2001, TERRORISTS, who happened to be muslim extremists attacked our country. After that, Every Right wing enthusiast decided that we needed to nuke the middle east because 2% of their population is part of a group that hates the fact that we allow freedoms that go against their beliefs.

The point when it boils down is:
-They were the exception, not the rule. So instead of punishing a religion for those few, how about supporting the effort to punish the people responsible for the 9/11 attacks.
-This country was based on religious belief. In my opinion I do not believe any religious holiday (and I do include easter, and christmas, advent, as well as good friday, Tu B'shvat, Passover, Yom Kippur, Chunakah, Ramadan, Eid]al]Fitr, or Kwanzaa) should be mandated by the US government. I think that if you want off then you must do the same thing you would do if you wanted to go on vacation. There is a pretty nice line in the bill of rights:

The American separation of church and state rests upon respect for the church; the [European anticlerical] separation, on indifference and hatred of the church, and of religion itselfc. The constitution did not create a nation, nor its religion and institutions. It found them already existing, and was framed for the purpose of protecting them under a republican form of government, in a rule of the people, by the people, and for the people

I really am struggling to see where the big deal is. Tyson, as stated before is a private company, and if they want to give these guys the day off, they dont need a reason to. The only people they have to answer to is their union and board of Directors.