PDA

View Full Version : I feel ashamed....and dirty

DevilK9
08-04-2008, 12:46 PM
So this morning on the way to work, my front right tire gave out, leaving me swapping to a donut on the side of the road. I was already having a sh/tty morning, sore from the weekend, and I actually had a lot to do this morning (for once).

I knew the tire would go soon (as my camber was killing the inside of the tire), but I didn't think it would go this soon. So...I'm broke...I need a tire...and I don't have time to go through the internal ordering process at work (I work for a tire company). So...I put on two Douglas tires. WTF!?!?

I know, why the hell would I mount such cheap sh/t on my car? Well, I'm broke, I can't afford the repair required to get my camber fixed, and I don't want to spend much on tires that are inevitably going to get trashed while I'm waiting to get the camber fixed. But....

I feel as if I've dropped all my standards, that my life of marketing quality tires and commitment to performance has become a two-faced lie. I feel worthless and will forever shy away from ever being seen near my two front tires.

I need this camber problem fixed soon, so I can get back to feeling good about myself!! I understand that it is fixed by some plates or something (it's a 95 Honda Accord). Anybody know anything more. I was quoted a price for the repair in the mid 300s.

Till then...I'll roll on sh'tty Douglas rubber. The treadwear rating makes me cringe!

DJ Maestro
08-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Tire Wear Rating = 12

:lmfao:

Sucks to hear about the tire man. Hope it all gets turned around for you soon. :goodjob:

Sammich
08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
um...times are hard son...i've went negative in my bank account back to back times in lue of trying to keep my wife afloat during her layoff and trying to maintain all the bills and payoff a couple..while maintaining cars..

so i'm trying to get a set of used 18s so when i get my truck back i can retire my other wheels (which are going bald) and have my truck as a daily, which would be cheaper to fill and a lil better on gas...dont worry man..times are rough

J-ROCK
08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
damn that sucks! but at least your car runs lol

DevilK9
08-04-2008, 12:56 PM
DJ - thanks...that's funny. How ironic is it that I can hook you up with a free set and can't get two T rates for myself within a day. (I'd wait, but I don't trust donuts!)

PBS - thanks for the encouragement...I have three vehicles, one runs, the others are bad on gas..so it might be a good thing. We never quit fighting!

b16 - yes....good point

Nemesis
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I was expecting something like this

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/kittikat_photos/kitti_02.jpg

DJ Maestro
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
DJ - thanks...that's funny. How ironic is it that I can hook you up with a free set and can't get two T rates for myself within a day. (I'd wait, but I don't trust donuts!)

Very ironic man. I would think they could take better care of you in your position. :thinking:

DevilK9
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
sorry to dissapoint!

Where did you get that picture of my sister? I told her to stay off the internets.

Sammich
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
lol @ jorge

DevilK9
08-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Very ironic man. I would think they could take better care of you in your position. :thinking:

My position? I'm white...enough said.

DJ Maestro
08-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I was expecting something like this

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/kittikat_photos/kitti_02.jpg

Hahaha!!! She is just like the Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme......."Good to Go."

:lmfao:

DJ Maestro
08-04-2008, 01:02 PM
My position? I'm white...enough said.

Man, that's crazy....they always tryin' to keep the white man down.

DevilK9
08-04-2008, 01:04 PM
If I would only get a super stretchy face lift ..I'd be president by Thursday!!!

J-ROCK
08-04-2008, 01:05 PM
b16 - yes....good point[/QUOTE]

i know exactly wut you mean though! my bank account is at a negative right now and when i get paid tomorrow itll all be spent by the end of the week!

DJ Maestro
08-04-2008, 01:06 PM
If I would only get a super stretchy face lift ..I'd be president by Thursday!!!

lulz :lmfao: