PDA

View Full Version : Guage installation

DieselNuts
08-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I have a mechanical boost, oil pressure and electronic (i think) water temp guage that I need installed. Who will do this stuff (right) for me @ a decent price?

DieselNuts
08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
seriously? no one knows?

1NonlyAccord
08-04-2008, 05:15 PM
i just installed my autometer water temp gauge this weekend. pretty simple..just splice the wire running to the factory temp sending unit to the gauge, then theres prolly 2grounds,12v ignition then 12v for black light.

boost and aem wideband was hooked up for me during turbo install...they did NOT install my oil pressure because they said that the Nylon tube and fittings would break off 1st wheel hop and id be screwed,so they recommended getting the earls SS line for that..but they just tapped the boost from a vac line on the intake mani..

hope that helps and gives ideas.

AnthonyF
08-04-2008, 07:07 PM
NO!!!! DONT INSTALL THEM!!!

Do not install anything mechanical. Maybe boost gauge but when you install it you will realize how frigin much of a pain it is. If you install a mechanical oil gauge, ur just a dummy. lolol. Spend the extra money and get Electric gauges. I only buy AutoMeter but they are kinda costly. There are MANY brands they are a lil cheaper. Faze is one brand.

-Ant.

Kaiser
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM
A mechanical boost gauge is the only thing mechanical I'd even recommend installing. A mech boost gauge isn't going to perform that much differently or cause as many problems as your oil gauge will. Guaranteed. Listen to Ant.