PDA

View Full Version : Misc two hard credit hits from same company, in 2 days?

Schugg
08-03-2008, 12:48 PM
a while back i got a small personal loan, they ran my credit the day i got it, then the next day it shows my credit was ran again from them. my credit report is counting this as 2 hard hits, is there a way i can dispute one of them? same thing happened last year when i was trying to get a car, the dealorship ran my credit, then for some reason a week later they ran my credit again. those both are being counted as hard hits, giving me 2 extra hard hits i dont need.

rsxtype-svi
08-03-2008, 01:02 PM
funny, i didnt know inquiries were hard hits, or that 2 inquiries would affect your score that much

Schugg
08-03-2008, 03:04 PM
there is hard ones which are things like loans and credit cards, then are soft ones like when you check your own credit i think, something like that. it doesnt really effect your score to much, but it does effect the fact that i got denied refinancing my 18% 13k auto loan! thats why im trying to see if i can dispute one from both companies that for some reason thought they needed to do 2.

sabastian458
08-03-2008, 03:07 PM
it doesnt matter. as long as you are not running your credit like 10 times in a month. it wont affect your score much at all.

Schugg
08-03-2008, 03:31 PM
i have a thing with usaa.com where they monitor my credit and update my report once a month with experian, every once in a while i update it myself. then about once a year a pull all 3 reports