PDA

View Full Version : Misc More new toys

allmotoronly
08-02-2008, 09:37 PM
My wife is going to kill me lol...

I picked these up today.

The shotgun is a mossberg 500 "persuader" 12ga. with pistol grips front and rear. The pistol is a LLAMA minimax .45acp. I already have a para-ord 1911, and this seems like an exact copy of the para hawg subcompact 1911. I already disassembled it and polished the internal slide surfaces and the feed ramp. It shoots very good and smooth. It's not the most accurate gun, but what can I expect, it's only got a 3.5" barrel. :D

I got a great deal on both of them that I couldn't pass up. The pistol will probably be my new carry weapon, and the shotgun will stay under my bed just incase I ever have any unwanted guests. Check out the pics and tell me what you think!!! and don't be hatin' on my pottery barn rug lol.

Both are really over oiled. I do this and let it soak for a few days, and I'll wipe down the excess.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/jdmludesir/DSC02091.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/jdmludesir/DSC02092.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/jdmludesir/DSC02093.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b65/jdmludesir/DSC02094.jpg

WhiteAccord
08-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Just hide it in your pants.. Shell never notice...

Scotsman
08-02-2008, 09:40 PM
f'n nice bro! home security FTW!

bafbrian
08-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Did you get these from the Bass and Antler?

allmotoronly
08-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Did you get these from the Bass and Antler?

No. That place is overpriced. I've been in there quite a few times and never find anything reasonably priced. I buy/sell/trade guns a lot, so I've been in quite a few places.

allmotoronly
08-02-2008, 09:46 PM
f'n nice bro! home security FTW!

yea I decided that relying on one of my assault rifles as my home security weapon wasn't a good idea... At least buckshot will only go through one or two walls, where as the 7.62x39 or .223 will go through the entire house...

amberghini
08-02-2008, 10:16 PM
No. That place is overpriced. I've been in there quite a few times and never find anything reasonably priced. I buy/sell/trade guns a lot, so I've been in quite a few places.

I call bullshit. Walmart is overpriced.

bafbrian
08-02-2008, 10:19 PM

You know his motto, "If you can find a better price, then buy it."

amberghini
08-02-2008, 10:21 PM
You know his motto, "If you can find a better price, then buy it."

I know. It's on his marquee. You can't miss it.

allmotoronly
08-02-2008, 10:46 PM

who says I would buy a gun from walmart???

I buy guns from gunbroker.com and I go to every gun show I can. They just never have anything at bass and antler that is just a deal I can't pass up. They are priced fairly compared to other gun dealers, but not anywhere close to what I would pay.

allmotoronly
08-02-2008, 10:48 PM
we are talking about the same bass and antler right??? in milledgeville? I lived there for 3 years and checked out every gun dealer in the area countless times...

ranger250x
08-02-2008, 11:15 PM
i'd say good buy. the mossberg is an excellent gun.

03RCode
08-03-2008, 01:44 AM
I love my Persuader. Good purchase. I'd like a little more info on the compact 1911 actually.

BMFH07
08-03-2008, 04:55 PM
just tell her its for yalls safety haha

k20siboii
08-03-2008, 10:57 PM
nice man
my cousin has a mossberg
these are awesome

allmotoronly
08-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I love my Persuader. Good purchase. I'd like a little more info on the compact 1911 actually.

Well you may have a hard time finding more info. The company that produced the pistol (LLAMA) was based in spain. They filed for bankrupcy in 2003. From what I've read one main reason that they had financial troubles was that the US was the main market for their products, but between 1994 and 2004 the US had a ban on weapons that held more than 10 rounds. Therefore, much interest in the high capacity 1911 style weapons was lost. Para-ordinance had a similar problem, but was able to make it through to 2004 when the ban expired and sales of high capacity pistols increased. The llama pistols have a reputation of being well built, but with a few small imperfections that can be solved with a dremel tool and some polishing compound. Polishing the feed ramp and slide rails will make the gun 100 times smoother. When I first bought the gun it was new (It is getting a lot harder to find a new llama since the last guns were imported in 2004, if you can find a new one I would definitely buy it if I were you). I put 20 rounds through it, disassembled it, polished the feed ramp and barrel throat, polished the slide rails and oiled the shyt out of it with mobil 1 gear oil. I let the oil soak in for a few hours, wiped the excess off and shot it another 20 times. It fired much smoother and the recoil felt a lot more even. Before it pulled a little to the right, but now it doesn't pull at all. For such a small pistol it is surprisingly easy to hold on to. All in all I am very pleased with this pistol. I have read a few posts on 1911forum that people have had problemd with ftf's with this pistol, but I haven't had a problem. I could see where shooting jhp's with a large opening in the top may catch on the feed ramp, but I never had a problem with ball ammo.