PDA

View Full Version : best car security?

mad3nch1na
08-27-2005, 04:40 PM
what is good for car security?
im about to buy a car and DONT want to get it stolen.

alarms? the CLUB? make it a sleeper???
what do you use?

92sib18c1
08-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Fuel cut off switch and alarm. That way they can't move your car.

Shawna
08-28-2005, 08:25 PM
hahah no offense but good luck with that. if they want your car they are going to take it no matter what. the only reason why im saying this is b/c my car got stolen...

Bishop
08-29-2005, 12:39 AM
im shaving the door handles on my car and i just want a alarm that kills the ignition. What would you suggest?

4bangin
08-29-2005, 10:55 AM
a gun

Bishop
08-29-2005, 11:01 AM
lol. I may need instructions on how to mount the gun so when someone opens the door they get a 12 gauge in the face.

BTEC
08-29-2005, 11:05 AM
man, id get an alarm, tinted windows and watch were u park. i usually park in a lit place and check on my car every now and then. but really there is no way. ive heard of cars getting stole with no battery, no ecu, and no steering wheel.

CMO
08-29-2005, 11:16 AM
Really it all depends on how long your gonna leave the car parked. If it's gonna be an hr or 2 an alarm with a kills switch should be good for that. But if it's gonna be longer than the you better do a comb of things. Cause the longer it sits there the better chance they have of getting a flatbed and towing it off.

Bishop
08-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Mine will only be parked at school for a few hours while im in class, and the other times it will be outside my apartment.

chuck
08-29-2005, 11:44 AM
i'd stay away from no name brands...at least try to keep in the DEI family (valet, hornet, viper, etc.)

but an alarm is only as good as the install...even if it means taking a day to rip your dash and trim apart to run the wires then that just means it'd take a theif a good bit longer than to just smash your window pop your hood and disconnect your battery :goodjob:

SLOWR/T
08-29-2005, 01:32 PM
if they want your car then theyll get it. load it on a rollback and its gone doesnt matter what kinda alarm or kill switches on it.

Bishop
08-29-2005, 06:23 PM
drr....if you have it in gear and the ebrake on....how would they be able to move it without breaking into the car to take off the ebrake and put it in nuetral. And that would set off the alarm, there for waking me up and kicking some ass.

mad3nch1na
08-29-2005, 06:36 PM
i once saw a movie where a guy took a wheel off and carried it with him...

lsvtec_teg
08-29-2005, 07:39 PM
viper 791 2 way paging kill start code hopping. $529.00 installed.

BlkCD5
08-29-2005, 09:41 PM
They will deebo your car no matter if its in gear or park. All they would have to do is get the brake fixed. More than likely if the car is stolen, they will chop that shit up. I would think that they wouldn't be that determine to get a tow truck to get the car. That would just let the car be exposed to the cops, but if they are really professionals, it won't even matter. They will have your car locked in some warehouse in about an hour. Well, i know that my car is too low for any type of truck, but still they will steal it by other means. Tinting your windows is a good thing to do, cus most thieves look for valuable stuff inside the car. Now if your car isn't tinted and they happen to see power FC's, turbo timers, boost controllers and especially a VACF along with other management systems, they will definately steal your car. Its more money in it for them. Hell, even getting rims enhances the car to get stolen more than usual. I don't even have a alarm, although i should get one. I knew this guy with a Gsr that had a viper alarm and his car got stolen. The thieves will always figure out a way to steal your car. So, why even try? I can tell you one thing, the thief who i catch trying to steal my car, will definately get an ass kicking by me. His ass will get stomped so hard into the ground.