PDA

View Full Version : where do you take your car to get emissions?

nllnellie
08-02-2008, 04:49 PM
EMISSIONS EXEPTED!!!!

Krappy
08-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Move to a county where emissions is not required...

slostang
08-02-2008, 05:20 PM
slip the emissions guy a hundo.

Barefoot
08-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Move to a county where emissions is not required...thats some shitty advice.

if u have truly tried everything your best bet is to pay for it. what are u failing on.

slostang
08-02-2008, 05:29 PM
thats some shitty advice.

if u have truly tried everything your best bet is to pay for it. what are u failing on.

everything. horribly.

they posted in a few other threads.

Barefoot
08-02-2008, 05:31 PM
everything. horribly.

they posted in a few other threads.well dear god if its like that. smalls pay the first person willing to pass u.

nllnellie
08-02-2008, 05:34 PM
everything. horribly.

they posted in a few other threads.

ACTUALLY!!!!.... it's just my NOx. everything else is perfect. my NOx went from being 3x legal amount.... to being only 600 over. now i'm stuck and don't know what to do.... :( i hope the exhaust will pass it :P

moving to another county.... if only it were that easy!
slipping money.... i'd rather not!

btw.... when can you exempt emissions? after spending how much money fixing problems?

EmminoDaGreat
08-02-2008, 05:38 PM
I think its $764 to exempt for the year. something like that...

nllnellie
08-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I think its $764 to exempt for the year. something like that...

ty :) i can exempt this year but.... i don't know what i'm going to do for next year.

slostang
08-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I think the cheapest way to pass will be just to find a cool emissions guy.

but it won't be easy to find one on this site bc it is patrolled by po-po.

nllnellie
08-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I think the cheapest way to pass will be just to find a cool emissions guy.

but it won't be easy to find one on this site bc it is patrolled by po-po.

like i said.... it's no biggie :) i can exempt this year. i'm just worried about next year. i'll figure something out.

Kaiser
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
like i said.... it's no biggie :) i can exempt this year. i'm just worried about next year. i'll figure something out.

This is on your JDM ZC motor, isn't it? You could always get a friendly shop to give you an invoice every year for different repairs over the limit and keep getting exempted. Or you could actually take it to a shop and have them figure out what's wrong with it (The answer here is probably that the engine just isn't designed to pass emissions) Or you could just take it to a muffler shop and have them add another cat. Not replace, just add.

dorin48
08-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Which ecu do you run your ZC on? Nox is a result of cylinder temps being too high. Premium gas amongst other things will lower the cylinder temps.

nllnellie
08-03-2008, 09:01 PM
This is on your JDM ZC motor, isn't it? You could always get a friendly shop to give you an invoice every year for different repairs over the limit and keep getting exempted. Or you could actually take it to a shop and have them figure out what's wrong with it (The answer here is probably that the engine just isn't designed to pass emissions) Or you could just take it to a muffler shop and have them add another cat. Not replace, just add.

i'm sure i can figure out what else is wrong. i'm only 600 away from passing now. and with the cat.... when i got a new one put on, it didn't help at all. it actually made my NOx worse by like 20 or something.

nllnellie
08-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Which ecu do you run your ZC on? Nox is a result of cylinder temps being too high. Premium gas amongst other things will lower the cylinder temps.

ecu.... i think i have a p78 or p28. but i'm not sure. i've been using premium only since i've bought the car.

Kaiser
08-04-2008, 08:39 PM
i'm sure i can figure out what else is wrong. i'm only 600 away from passing now. and with the cat.... when i got a new one put on, it didn't help at all. it actually made my NOx worse by like 20 or something.

Did they replace it, or ADD one?

Your car should have a precat AND a cat, if it had the USDM D-series in it...If you only have ONE cat and no Precat then that may be why. That's why I suggested adding a second cat, though I meant it more as a joke than anything else.

nllnellie
08-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Did they replace it, or ADD one?

Your car should have a precat AND a cat, if it had the USDM D-series in it...If you only have ONE cat and no Precat then that may be why. That's why I suggested adding a second cat, though I meant it more as a joke than anything else.

o. well i only have one cat.