PDA

View Full Version : Muffler shops Mid state GA???

PSYCO G
08-02-2008, 03:41 AM
Any recommendations for muffler shops mid state? Some how I blew a hole somewhere! Also wanna get straight pipes... Is that legal here in GA? preferable somewhere around Waner Robins or Macon.

AnthonyF
08-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Getting removed of your cats is not legal. You can go to a performance shop, they will do it for you.

-Ant.

PSYCO G
08-02-2008, 12:31 PM
I have a resonator though...

AnthonyF
08-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Doesnt make a difference. Removing 1 cat, even if your car is equipped with 4, is illegal. Only performance shops and private parties will touch this.

-Ant.

PSYCO G
08-02-2008, 12:45 PM
well I got it done in miami before i came up here. we dont have to pass emmisions test do we?

AnthonyF
08-02-2008, 12:49 PM
^I need to know

What county you live in
What year is your car
Is your CEL on? (depending on what year ur car is)

-Ant.

PSYCO G
08-02-2008, 12:52 PM
The US.... 01 Accord... no CEL light. got a lil work done with vacumes and o2 senors.

AnthonyF
08-02-2008, 01:23 PM
The US.... 01 Accord... no CEL light. got a lil work done with vacumes and o2 senors.

WOW. I said COUNTY, not what COUNTRY. If you remove your cats, your CEL light will come on and you will not pass emissions (if u are required for them).

-Ant.

nllnellie
08-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Any recommendations for muffler shops mid state? Some how I blew a hole somewhere! Also wanna get straight pipes... Is that legal here in GA? preferable somewhere around Waner Robins or Macon.

if you live in/around Waner or Macon, you can go to any perfomance shop and get it done.... because you don't have to worry about doing emissions.

FYI:: as long as you don't live in metro atl.... you don't have worry about emission. :) btw.. gl :goodjob:

EmminoDaGreat
08-02-2008, 05:46 PM
WOW. I said COUNTY, not what COUNTRY. If you remove your cats, your CEL light will come on and you will not pass emissions (if u are required for them).

-Ant.

Thats not always true, I know a lot of cars that do not throw a cel even if they dont have a cat. (obd2 of course)

AnthonyF
08-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Thats not always true, I know a lot of cars that do not throw a cel even if they dont have a cat. (obd2 of course)

If they didnt throw a code they have an o2 sim or some other option. If it has a front and rear o2 sensor, the CEL is bound to come on almost instantly.

-Ant.

EmminoDaGreat
08-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I made a test pipe for my car, and tryed a sim, and the light came on. Put the 02 in the test pipe never threw a light. And it would never come on instantly, it would take some driving to notice that there is no cat, or cat is not doing its job.

AnthonyF
08-02-2008, 06:03 PM
^yea, we put a SIM in my dads Hemi and it didnt work. Stupid things. Well we can all agree on hondas are better cars and can be more manipulated. hehe

-Ant.

DarKStaR
08-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Original poster, pm me I will tell you somewhere in Macon that will do it. He does most of the imports and other performance cars.

Motivation
08-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Original poster, pm me I will tell you somewhere in Macon that will do it. He does most of the imports and other performance cars.

Why would you tell him to PM you? Why not just post the name of the place, or PM him with the info... Kinda makes it less of a hassle doesn't it?

PSYCO G
08-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Well just to let you guy know I have a resonator with an o2 sensor right in front and back of it. never had a problem with the CEL coming on. Oh and I stay in Warner Robins So I guess I'm free and clear of the Emissions Test. Plus I'm going to Keep My Florida Tags On.