PDA

View Full Version : You dont kick me and think I wont get back up!

X-Runner
07-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Ok so I lost my job this morning because of a ticket I got in a company truck, or atleast thats the reason they gave me. I have my own thoughts on the issues but it doesnt matter, its not the first time in the almost year I had worked there Ive been screwed by them. I was working 8:00-6:00 most days driving an hour each way to get there, making only $1400 a month BEFORE taxes. So my bring home pay was less than $1100 a month. Well Im going to start working with my dad now, Ill have to work about 4-6 hours a day depending on how much he wants to get done that day. Only work 3 or 4 days a week depending on his schedule because he is a firefighter also. Ill make in one day what I made in a week at my old job, so I guess lossing that job wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.

bigdare23
07-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Remember things happen for a reason. So keep truckin' homie and don't look back.

X-Runner
07-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Remember things happen for a reason. So keep truckin' homie and don't look back.

Yep. Thats what I did when the dealership I was at last time closed up on us with 1 weeks notice. I had the job I just lost today the same day I found out they were closing. I hated it but then I did relize it happened for a reason... and now that the reason has come/gone its time to move on. Thats one way to look at it.

FlipKing
07-31-2008, 09:58 PM
What was the ticket for?

X-Runner
07-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Red light camera ticket, plus a wreck that the police report CLEARLY says I was NOT at fault in any way in. But they said it still counts against me on there insurance and then the ticket too...

FlipKing
07-31-2008, 10:00 PM
ouch, well best of luck man, glad it is working out so far

BUGMAN
07-31-2008, 10:08 PM
My son works for me and we love it. We do argue about anything we can think of but we have a great time and we spend probably 90-100 hours a week together.

I wouldn't change a thing here. I hope you enjoy your additional time together as much as we do. :goodjob:

X-Runner
07-31-2008, 10:10 PM
We are the same way, but I used to work with him about 2 years ago too so I know we can work together just fine. The only issue here is the contract he has on this job is probably going to be up in the next 4-5 weeks because everything will be done. So hopefully Ill be able to keep working with him and we can get another deal like he has now. He is pretty much self employed though.

Plus Im still working on cars on the side at the house (mechanical, stereos, paint, detailing etc), so having the weekends and 1-2 days off in the week will give me the time to do that also. I can make anywhere from $50-$500 in a day or so doing that also. Plus I still have my connections at the dealership so I can have alginments done for $20 and still mount/balance tires or whatever I need.

BUGMAN
07-31-2008, 10:14 PM
We are the same way, but I used to work with him about 2 years ago too so I know we can work together just fine. The only issue here is the contract he has on this job is probably going to be up in the next 4-5 weeks because everything will be done. So hopefully Ill be able to keep working with him and we can get another deal like he has now. He is pretty much self employed though.

Where do you live like what county/city? I will be hiring again in about a month or so. :cheers:

X-Runner
07-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Where do you live like what county/city? I will be hiring again in about a month or so. :cheers:

Conyers, but I will drive a little for the right job. What do you do? PM me if you want.

slostang
07-31-2008, 10:16 PM
at least you got another job. :goodjob:

I worked for my dads electirical company on and off for about 3 years and I wish he was still in buisness. lol

Got Milk?
07-31-2008, 11:01 PM
So what kept you from working with your dad before. I mean if you had an opportunity to earn in one day what u earned in a week, why not take it before?

X-Runner
07-31-2008, 11:03 PM
So what kept you from working with your dad before. I mean if you had an opportunity to earn in one day what u earned in a month, why not take it before?

In a week... Because my step brother (hes my stepdad really) has been working with him but he is now back to work with his company. They were down for a few months.

Zodiac
07-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Thats good you were able to back to work immediately.

Got Milk?
07-31-2008, 11:04 PM
ok, explains everything than. GL with the new job

jcs
07-31-2008, 11:10 PM
fo sho man,things happen for a reason and if you and your dad work real well together it is a +

X-Runner
07-31-2008, 11:22 PM
Back in december when I changed jobs I started talking to someone that lived in the area, finally got to meet her and she is one of the most amazing girls Ive ever meet. Maybe the job change was just long enough to get to meet said girl and then move on to something better :dunno: One way to look at it.

jcs
07-31-2008, 11:25 PM
are you gonna pop the question kinda girl..

slostang
07-31-2008, 11:28 PM

you try them noodles?

Zodiac
07-31-2008, 11:30 PM
the noodles were delicious.

X-Runner
07-31-2008, 11:35 PM

I messed up with this girl... I didnt make a move because I was scared more or less. Now I regret that so much and she has a bf currently. But we still talk all the time, she calls me just to say hey or see how my day was. She (now) knows how I really feel about her so maybe it will work out later, maybe not.

Zodiac
07-31-2008, 11:39 PM
I messed up with this girl... I didnt make a move because I was scared more or less. Now I regret that so much and she has a bf currently. But we still talk all the time, she calls me just to say hey or see how my day was. She (now) knows how I really feel about her so maybe it will work out later, maybe not.

hope for the best..sounds like your really care about her.

You never know what the future holds.

jcs
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM
yeah no dought,im sure she feels the same she just wont show it.possibly might work out like the job.

X-Runner
07-31-2008, 11:52 PM
I do. Im very picky about the girls I like and she is one of the very few that liked and could stand to be around more than 30 minutes at a time because she didnt get on my nerves. She knows that Ive been talking to someone else now and it almost seemed like she was kinda jealous, so maybe she does. I dont want to say I hope she breaks up with her bf now because Id rather her be happy but if she does for some reason I just hope something will happen between us later.

AnthonyF
08-01-2008, 07:08 AM
You have an X-Runner? I have an X-Runner too!!! Kool.

-Ant.

X-Runner
08-01-2008, 07:35 AM
You have an X-Runner? I have an X-Runner too!!! Kool.

-Ant.

zOmg its amazing isnt it? :taun:

Killer
08-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Ok so I lost my job this morning because of a ticket I got in a company truck, or atleast thats the reason they gave me. I have my own thoughts on the issues but it doesnt matter, its not the first time in the almost year I had worked there Ive been screwed by them. I was working 8:00-6:00 most days driving an hour each way to get there, making only $1400 a month BEFORE taxes. So my bring home pay was less than $1100 a month. Well Im going to start working with my dad now, Ill have to work about 4-6 hours a day depending on how much he wants to get done that day. Only work 3 or 4 days a week depending on his schedule because he is a firefighter also. Ill make in one day what I made in a week at my old job, so I guess lossing that job wasnt as bad as I thought it would be.

you wanna get me a job too?? lol

j/k gl man!!!

X-Runner
08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
you wanna get me a job too?? lol

j/k gl man!!!

You want to be a male stripper too huh? :lmao: