PDA

View Full Version : radiator hose water temp adapter

1NonlyAccord
07-31-2008, 07:43 PM
long story short,when i was putting in my sending unit in the block,i broke the head off the unit.luckily it capped itself off so no leak. couldnt ez-out it.

so i bought a radiator water temp adapter,im using the factory sending unit and wire cap running into my Autometer Electric C2 gauge.
the silver bolt(in pic vvv) is supose to be grouned for the unit to work properly,will the teflon tape effect anything? any feedback on using these adapters?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/mr_crispy1011/CIMG0922.jpg

1NonlyAccord
08-01-2008, 08:16 PM
got everything installed...but when i crank my car it goes straight to 250 and stays..any idea?

speedminded
08-02-2008, 12:58 AM
got everything installed...but when i crank my car it goes straight to 250 and stays..any idea?None of the other gauges do this? Double check how the gauge is getting power and all the grounds. Recently had the same problem with an entire cluster that would max out as soon as power was applied and it ended up being a bad battery with a loose post.

As for the radiator hose adapter, i'm not a big fan of them. You can take a thermostat housing and have a bung welded in it to screw in the sending unit. :2cents:

1NonlyAccord
08-02-2008, 09:00 AM
well i broke my needle on my gauge cluster temp gauge putting on/off those ebay reverse gauge faces..so i bought this Autometer electric water temp gauge.

i have that silver bolt grounded to the car under the hood,
and using those spices to plug into the gauge posts,so i know theres good connections.

when i first did the install and it was sitting there before i mounted it i cranked the car and it went to about 149..so i thought cool its working..
so did more work got it where i wanted it mounted,cranked the car and went staright to 250?

so idk..

i read last night to not use teflon tape on the sending unit,itl effect the gauge?

speedminded
08-02-2008, 09:46 AM
i read last night to not use teflon tape on the sending unit,itl effect the gauge?Teflon tape would insulate the sending unit from the housing and ground...

1NonlyAccord
08-03-2008, 06:22 PM
well i got it working? ...on start its a about 125..few miles slowly goes up 150...few miles ect. slowly goes up..but it goes to 250...Is it possible it picks up underhood temps? i know its very hot under my hood with the turbo and i know it shouldnt be running '250'
both fans run,antifreeze full and some in reserve tank...Mauhdavi said they ran it and its not over heating,so my guess is its picking up underhood temps as well?